Playstation Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am setting some stuff up for playstation home because I get bored easily and it keeps me busy. With the 100 free items I was able to get a mansion garage and my friends and I hang out in there so we can chat (we live in different states/countries) and just do nothing. I put some arcades, a pool table, dart board, etc. There's also a huge tv in there and it plays playstion trailers, etc.

I was hoping someone would have info on the tv. I am unsure if it's possible but can you get your own stuff to play on the tv? Or does it have to be playstation stuff?

Do you mean the TV in the mansion garage? As far as I know, it's pre-set to automatically stream trailers, and stuff from the Playstation blog. You can't control what it shows.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Well I wish I could get a tv for it and stream whatever I'd like.

well i just tried out the mall in PS home , and i found the mansion but it costs $14.99 , how do you get free stuff , Please help

There is a kiosk thing (looks like an ATM) in the Central Plaza. Go there and you'll find the stuff under the "100 Free Items" category.

If anyone else knows more about getting videos to play on tvs in your personal spaces, please let me know.

Anyone see Sideshow's free stuff? I got a patient Zero and Vlad billboard things.

Do people on PS Home still run up to you and dance for no reason? That's the only thing I remember about it when it first launched a couple years ago.

Do people on PS Home still run up to you and dance for no reason? That's the only thing I remember about it when it first launched a couple years ago.

Playstation Home exists for trolling! If anyone tells you otherwise, they're lying.

I'll never understand why anyone would get on Home. I see absolutely no point for it. Just chatting with people in a make believe world? Ghey. :monkey4

I'll never understand why anyone would get on Home. I see absolutely no point for it. Just chatting with people in a make believe world? Ghey. :monkey4

Sort of like the forums? :rotfl

Seriously though, about 80 % of the folks I have on my PSN friend list, are from Playstation Home. If it weren't for Home, I'd probably have only four guys on my list. It's a good tool for networking with other gamers, and finding co-op buddies.

If you don't like it, then don't visit. We don't want you there anyways.

It's a great place to socialize and play other kinds of games. And find other people who like the games you do, etc.

Wait, have they finally added voice? If you could just chat with people like via a game, I would totally be checking Home out. As it is, I have been there twice, and I am like, 'why is it soo quiet?!?!?!'

Yeah, voice is activated. Does anyone know where I can get a network card online and they will give you the code asap instead of shipping? The place I was using sold out of theirs. I don't have the car, it's with the fiancee at work. So I can't get out to grab one.

Yeah, voice is activated. Does anyone know where I can get a network card online and they will give you the code asap instead of shipping? The place I was using sold out of theirs. I don't have the car, it's with the fiancee at work. So I can't get out to grab one.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Playstation-Network-Card-Online/dp/B004RMK4BC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307891254&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Sony Playstation Network Card - $20 [Online Game Code]: Video Games[/ame]

If anyone else knows more about getting videos to play on tvs in your personal spaces, please let me know.

Anyone see Sideshow's free stuff? I got a patient Zero and Vlad billboard things.

The TVs in the Mansion spaces only play pre-determined Sony content, like game trailers and the latest episode of the Playstation Blog.

There are two spaces available from Loot that have a better system, although none of them allow you to stream your own video content. I believe copyright issues prevent Sony from incorporating such a feature into Home.

But the Loot Hollywood Hills Home and the Amaterasu Yacht both have Loot EOD (Entertainment on Demand), which features live streaming content from NASA, as well as hundreds of web videos, movie trailers, and clips from various TV shows and movies, like Spider-Man cartoons, I Love Lucy and the Three Stooges.

If you want to check it out, send me a friend request and I'll give you a tour.

El Skutto, I had bought the Hills Home and it's really great. But my EU friends cannot see the content on the screens. It's really bothersome for us because it's the place we hang out when we want to stop gaming and just chat amongst ourselves, play some pool, etc. And we can't do the tv thing because only us US'ers can see the content. I think that's total b.s.

BUT, they can see the video content on the 'garage' screen. It's nowhere near as good as the content in the hills mansion. Which is why I bought that place. Only to find out, it does me no good. What a waste of $5 bucks! I wish I could get a refund on that.

The other things that bother me about PS Home that need to change is...the only having 2 interactive items in a space. I have pool tables and a video arcade machine and a dart board and a boom box. I want to be able to have them all set up so people don't get bored. It's really stupid that you can't. And I think that there should be more true to life interaction. If you have a pool, why not have a swim button? Or a choice to actually interact with the pet you may buy, or eat the burgers on the grill, or drink the drinks at your bar.

I know it's just a game, and we can play sims if we want that, but I don't want to play sims.

Anyways, that's my rant. :D

That sucks about your EU friends not being able to watch the shows in your personal space, but I imagine that has something to do with regions and programming. The same way an EU user can't invite me to a space that's exclusive to their region, unless I create a new EU account specifically for that purpose.

Have you tried meeting up with your friends in the Loot Space Station? It also has the EOD but is a multi-user space so maybe the region restrictions aren't in place there?

As for swimming and all that, I heartily agree. Since Home is still (and probably will always be) in Beta, there's always a chance they'll eventually add new functions and animations to the list.

The space limitation bugs me as well. You can have a max of 50 items plus 2 active items in any space, and that's it. If you want to include multiple games for your friends, I recommend buying a personal space that already includes one or more games as those don't count towards that total. The London Pub, for example, comes with the dart game already available. The Mansion's second floor has both darts and pool, so you could easily add an arcade game, chess or a card game without any problems. Also, certain games don't count as active items so you can add as many as you like without worry. I believe the four Namco arcade cabinets aren't active items, and I think it's the same for Cabin Boy.

Back