Custom GERMAN MECHANIC Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this because I didn't want to crowd Hemble's latest creation, but I've been trying to build up a GERMAN MECHANIC for quite sometime so I figured maybe others are too.

I built one about 10 years ago but it isn't up to speed with the new 1/6 figures. The big problem is: the body -- bare-chested and not necessarily a "pumping iron" type body is impossible to find. There are some good customs here using "wrestler" body types so I went looking and stumbled on an old Bill Goldberg body. Limited articulation but the body looks a little more like the Mechanic, a little.

GoldbergasGermanMechanicCOMP6-10-112.jpg

He's even got the bald head and that cletched-teeth 'come-on' expression.

GermMech_CU_120x90_11927476351.jpg

I would just use the upper half of the body, attach to a more articulated hips/legs. I'd also have to replace the hands and do some light sanding and repainting but I think the top half of this might just work.

Whether you like this prospect or not, I do hope some of you will post your custom MECHANICs here!

:rock

Last edited:
I just picked up one of the Jesse Ventura figures for the head with the intent of doing this custom.

I was looking at the Maximum Aggression 12" figures yesterday. TRU has them discounted to $8. I just couldn't settle on one that wouldn't require a bunch of work on the arms, though. Has anyone seen a good figure in this line that pretty much has bare arms and chest with no crazy armbands? Or at least one that is close?

Mate I was looking at that same figure it will be perfect for the Mechanic but the price was way to dear especially for the postgae.

Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Ron

hahaha agreed. I like the head of your first post though! :)

I really like that head too -- with a good repaint I think it's got real potential.

Mate I was looking at that same figure it will be perfect for the Mechanic but the price was way to dear especially for the postgae.

Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Ron

Ron: THANKS for posting your Mechanic -- it's what got me off my arse and back at hunting down a new upgrade for my old figure.

Here's my original Mechanic from 10 years ago, build on a Stone Cold Steven Austin 12" body.

GermanMechanic2000COMP6-10-11.jpg

It was fine at the time -- 10 years ago this was highly advanced :lol -- but still too muscualr, too defined, just too "Hulk".

Last edited:
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words on such an old custom.

But you can see the hands suck... and really it's an overall "cartoony" version of the man himself.

I've been looking high and low for the right body type -- even had someone on the boards considering to try and make a "skin shirt" at one point just for this -- but I'm too impatient now seeing what HEMBLE and the FUSION BROS did... so I'm gonna give this a go with Goldberg.

I can dremmel the elbow pad down -- the gloved hands I'll just cut off and replace with adapted HT ones (depending on the size).

I remember that figure and I think it still looks great, and I can't wait to see how your Mechanic turns out.

And Glad I could give you teh imspiration to start yours, thats why I like the forum so much there is so much inspiration here it's not funny.

Ron

Got Goldberg today...

MechanicBODY1.jpg

Compare to HT Advance body scale:

MechanicBODY2.jpg
MechanicBODY3.jpg

Repaint needed, but expression is there:

MechanicHEADcomp.jpg

Here's the scale of the NEW to the OLD Mechanic:

MechanicBODY-OldNew.jpg

And finally here's a silhouette where you can see the body scale better:

MechanicBODY4.jpg

I think this figure might work very nicely for the Mechanic. The gloves/hands are way too large and will have to be removed. I just need to find some sizeable fists. The bottom half of this figure will be replaced with something more poseable. The elbow pad will be dremmeled down.

MechanicBODY6.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

First thing I did was to reposition the arms for proper Mechanic fighting!

ShapingArmsCOMP16-15-11.jpg

First pic is the original pose, then add a little heat from a hairdryer and then "set" the position. I expect him to 'bounce back' a little so I was a little extreme to compensate.

Yep, that's the plan: Make the moustache bigger and sand away the beard parts.

Right now I'm just "shaping" him to see if I can get a good "fight pose" out of him.

If any of you guys have a good idea for FISTS, please let me know. They would need to be a bit larger than reg HT fists but not by much.

You have a great eye to find this one, Wor-gar - can't wait to see what you get out of this. The body really is a great match.

The head obviously looks really cartoony, but you can see that with work on the lower half and a repaint, you could bring out the Pat Roach hidden in there.

I like how you don't just show the finished product - feels like we're with you every step of the way on these customs!

Thanks for those very kind words.

I think sometimes I overdo it on the pics but I like it when others show the process. It's definitely a cartoony figure -- plastic statue with swivel arms basically -- but there was something about the torso that seemed a little more realistic for Roach... and of course the Goldberg bald head. I might try to tone down the crazy figure-8 growl of the mouth with some clay and make it more like the Roach pic I posted next to it. But a repaint of the eyes, losing the brows, getting the 'stache right... I do think there's a decent Roach hidden there. Glad you guys see it too.

I'm most likely gonna make him the "bloody" version of the Mechanic -- post punch-out -- so that will all help to hide the smooth, simple sculpt of the head and torso as well.

do you have any plans for that true type? ( I need one) LOL

:D

I'm always short on bodies... and for once I have one unused... but only for the moment.

Inspired by your approach, I may try to post a few of my "starting out" Indy customs rather than waiting until complete. Problem is, the way these seem to be going, it'll be more like many months than weeks...

The Indy forums don't have many customs up though - other than that burst that was your Sallah and Marions, and of course Hemble, who seems to snap his fingers and there's another great fig every few weeks.

Did you ever finish that Nepal Marion custom?

No, Marion's still half finished and waiting on the right Nepal shirt to be sourced. It killed me that Sallah went so well and Marion just took an unfortunate turn.

And believe me, I have many customs in various stages of completion -- some have been 7 years in the making -- so I understand that sometimes waiting for the right part can just take forever. But that's part of the hobby. This one I should be able to finish fairly quickly -- all depending on who I can wrangle up to do the head and torso repaint. It's gonna need a real talent to make that look alive.

Wor gar i send you a pm.

Got it, responded. :wave

Back