WARNING: ebay scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who really cares though. people buy from him, get ripped off. who cares they will just get their money back from paypal and ebay, so this guy is in a loose loose situation. hell even if he is an honest seller, on ebay he is in a loose loose situation.:lol

Yeah how does this work? Ive never been ripped off on ebay( thank God and hopfully never). Ebay has his paypal account so they know who he is right? Unless he has a fake one.:dunno Or is he asking for a different kind of payment?

who really cares though. people buy from him, get ripped off. who cares they will just get their money back from paypal and ebay, so this guy is in a loose loose situation. hell even if he is an honest seller, on ebay he is in a loose loose situation.:lol

It's still a ____ing hassle to the consumer.:duff

What I suspect is that the original poster is tricking us, his scam is telling us this listing is a scam so that we all hold off buying long enough for him to pull together the money to buy everything up. Quite tricky he is, but not tricky enough for me!

I saw that, and another fishy "too good to be true" Vader auction recently, where a guy claimed to have over 10 in stock for $100 a pop (maybe that's the guy who was banned the OP is referring to). Buyer beware. Way too risky for me to send $100 to someone without feedback as a seller for something like this, because I don't necessarily trust eBay/Paypal to cover me. But if folks want to take that risk, that's their right. Maybe they'll learn a lesson or two in the process :lol

it's not as easy as you think especially if you send the scammer money from your paypal account instead of credit card through paypal.

Paypal makes you jump through many hoops and even then it's not guarenteed you get your money back. And if the scammer actually send you something (box with a brick) with a tracking #, it makes things even more difficult. It all depends on if paypal can get the money from the scammer back. If they were quick enough to wire out of paypal before lockdown, then good luck trying to get paypal to honor anything.

I had a few bad dealings on ebay in my day and would much prefer to buy from people on this board than ebay with their buyer protection crap.

So you don't want to be warned in these scenarios and have to go through all of the BS to get your money back?

I've never been ripped off on ebay before as I'll only buy stuff from sellers with a solid rating and I never bite on the 'too good to be true' listings like this one - but it's good to raise awareness when these pop up regardless.

I've never been ripped off on ebay before as I'll only buy stuff from sellers with a solid rating and I never bite on the 'too good to be true' listings like this one - but it's good to raise awareness when these pop up regardless.

:lecture :lecture :exactly: :exactly:

A seller has to have 100% rating for me to bid and they also have to have a ton of feedback.

I'd rather make my large purchases ($350+) from Fellow freaks here who also have a large sample of community feedback than run that risk on Ebay.

Hey guys it was a scam for sure. I got two and then was emailed by eBay saying that it was a scam. In the process of getting my money back bit it takes 7+ days. I even asked them to post a bunch of pictures and they did. all seemed legit. Just to cautious... If it's too good to be true, it is!

Now I should add that I've found some fantastic deals on eBay, but they all passed the smell test. These auctions did not. Feedback is a huge factor to consider.

The other way that these scumbags affects all of our pocketbooks (even if we're not directly the victim); scams like this forces eBay/PayPal to spend money and resources to sort through and rectify these cases. Which results in higher fees etc. for all sellers.

And in the big picture - bad apples like this have a way of slowly rotting the entire apple cart. One scammer seemingly getting away with it will "inspire" 5 other scammers and so on and so on.

So even if you've never been impacted directly by a eBay scam - you still are impacted.

Back