Hot Toys TRON: LEGACY on hold?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
According to their Ask HT:

Q: Since the Announcement of Tron: Legacy, we wonder if other characters from the license will emerge? A: Unfortunately, due to a scheduling problem, we've had to hold this license, particularly because of the figures coming out soon.

To me this can be interpreted a bunch of different ways but it doesn't necessarily say that the line is dead...

I WILL NOT BUY A DAMN THING FROM THIS MOVIE WITHOUT CLU!
____ IT HOTTOYS... again... w0w!

I don't know if I'm splitting hairs but in an interview didn't they say with the Watchmen that they weren't happy with how well they sold. I would think it is slightly encouraging they mentioned scheduling over sales. Scheduling could still mean they are going to cook for a while longer or they haven't decide on a good marketing window. Are they still trying to figure out how to do light up figures. I figure the ones we are getting is because they didn't involve making a fully articulated figure with light up suit. I suppose they could never get around to another release but it doesn't sound like it is time to put a fork in it. I think it just means that if we see another release it could be a year before we hear about or see anything else.

To me scheduling means that they have too much on their plate and these got lost in the shuffle. It doesn't mean their won't be figures but I have a feeling whomever was on the slate before this was lost will be about it. The only names I remember seeing in past articles was a Sam Flynn figure out right and a Clu 2.0 but nothing past that.

Crap...
this sucks...
I just hope they release Kevin and Sam... I'd be very bummed about not getting that beautiful Light Cycle... :(
I wasn't expecting any figures past these 2 though... but then, the Thor figures are already out, and were announced a lot later than Tron... :dunno

As long as they release the two already solicited I won't mind. I was hoping for a Clu, but always thought it was an outside chance. The lightcycle and Kevin are good enough for me.

I really hope not. I was so looking forward to Kevin and the lightcycle.

What else is new for Hot Toys. They took too long to get the first few in hand. The first 2 should have been in hand by film release and then if those sold well another 2 should have been planned for DVD release.

These companies need to act much faster with current movies. Take your sweet ass time with The Godfather and Bruce Lee and ____. You need to strike while the iron is hot with Tron, Avatar, etc.

So what about Kevin and Sam? Are we still getting them as already stated? I mean they have been preordered by folks.

no offence to the guy who translated that article but he's omitted certain things that seem to be the cause of the misunderstanding. the already announced figures (kevin and sam with light cycle) are not cancelled.

but the line is dead beyond that. "on hold" is obituary talk in 1/6 land.

Well. In order to save it we need Disney to get on the next TRON movie already and just hope they revisit Legacy.

They can't cancel figures that are already up for pre-order, can they? Wouldn't the line be put on hold beyond the first two figures?

I didn't take the statement they were cancelling what was already up for preorder. I think its poor pr on their part if people are worried that is what it means. Is the statement going to result in a paniced bank run so to speak

Back