Merry and Pippin picture thread: the Fellowship is finally complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
I will post a group shot over the weekend sometime of all 9. But it finally is done. I would like to get a normal cloak for Merry sometime and maybe screen accurate swords and elven daggers.
5784447238_133b883781_b.jpg

5783861677_273155f5d0_b.jpg

5783875125_efdd05497c_b.jpg

5784427062_be2f3f968b.jpg

Sorry about the pics kind of sucking. I will try and get better pics in daylight.

Last edited:
Looks great, I'm sorry that I'm out of collecti ng and customizing.

Ah!! These were the ones that I just saw!

They look fantastic, Jason!! Congrats!!

I'm definitely going with Snyderman's pair. I would like Merry's hair a little lighter in shade but the rest came out amazing.

Ah!! These were the ones that I just saw!

They look fantastic, Jason!! Congrats!!

I'm definitely going with Snyderman's pair. I would like Merry's hair a little lighter in shade but the rest came out amazing.

They are absolutely stunning. I was thinking about getting both sets of heads and eventually making another set of the hobbits. I need to get Frodo and Sam repainted I guess to match these two.

Merrys hair could be a little lighter but they are still great. I will try and take some pics with the hobbits tonight maybe.

Congrats Jason. It's going to be a while before I have my complete fellowship since Elvis is going to weather and paint my figures.

I hope more folks will post pictures once they get the new heads.:D

Here's a quickie pic of all four together. There's definitely a flesh tone issue, but it isn't as noticeable in person. Sorry I didn't have the time to kit them up, as I think the cloaks would help camouflage the aforementioned issue.

Scale-wise, I find the heads match up nicely to Frodo and Sam.

Apologies for the crappy camera and photography skills.

DSC00003-9.jpg

DSC00004-4.jpg

DSC00005-9.jpg

Which heads have you decided on carbo?

I'm getting Erick's heads for free and I want to get Snyder-Man's heads too, but only unpainted. His skin tone is too dark compared to Sam and Frodo's.

Here's a quickie pic of all four together. There's definitely a flesh tone issue, but it isn't as noticeable in person. Sorry I didn't have the time to kit them up, as I think the cloaks would help camouflage the aforementioned issue.

Scale-wise, I find the heads match up nicely to Frodo and Sam.

Apologies for the crappy camera and photography skills.

DSC00003-9.jpg

DSC00004-4.jpg

DSC00005-9.jpg

Looks good, Skutto! Are you going to get Frodo and Sam repainted to match the skin tone of the other two?

Could someone point me in the direction of Erick's sculpts because I can't seem to find the pics. :(

For free? :panic: :cuss :panic:

:lol

(I am still a little peeved that he marked up the price so damn high)

Well...I suppose he figures he might as well milk the fact that people have been waiting so long? Personally, I have a problem with it a bit too.

I like this Pippin sculpt best, but I think Snyder's Merry is better.

I'd like to see this set painted. I don't care for the paint on Snyder's. Looks like they're from Jersey.

I think Sosa has the superior likeness. The only thing I don't like is (knowing the trouble he was having doing the hair in a style similar to SSC's Hobbits) it looks like he he gave up trying and just said "Screw it!". Definitely don't like the price hike either...

Back