Merry and Pippin picture thread: the Fellowship is finally complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
I will post a group shot over the weekend sometime of all 9. But it finally is done. I would like to get a normal cloak for Merry sometime and maybe screen accurate swords and elven daggers.
5784447238_133b883781_b.jpg

5783861677_273155f5d0_b.jpg

5783875125_efdd05497c_b.jpg

5784427062_be2f3f968b.jpg

Sorry about the pics kind of sucking. I will try and get better pics in daylight.

Last edited:
Looks great, I'm sorry that I'm out of collecti ng and customizing.

Ah!! These were the ones that I just saw!

They look fantastic, Jason!! Congrats!!

I'm definitely going with Snyderman's pair. I would like Merry's hair a little lighter in shade but the rest came out amazing.

Ah!! These were the ones that I just saw!

They look fantastic, Jason!! Congrats!!

I'm definitely going with Snyderman's pair. I would like Merry's hair a little lighter in shade but the rest came out amazing.

They are absolutely stunning. I was thinking about getting both sets of heads and eventually making another set of the hobbits. I need to get Frodo and Sam repainted I guess to match these two.

Merrys hair could be a little lighter but they are still great. I will try and take some pics with the hobbits tonight maybe.

Congrats Jason. It's going to be a while before I have my complete fellowship since Elvis is going to weather and paint my figures.

I hope more folks will post pictures once they get the new heads.:D

Here's a quickie pic of all four together. There's definitely a flesh tone issue, but it isn't as noticeable in person. Sorry I didn't have the time to kit them up, as I think the cloaks would help camouflage the aforementioned issue.

Scale-wise, I find the heads match up nicely to Frodo and Sam.

Apologies for the crappy camera and photography skills.

DSC00003-9.jpg

DSC00004-4.jpg

DSC00005-9.jpg

Which heads have you decided on carbo?

I'm getting Erick's heads for free and I want to get Snyder-Man's heads too, but only unpainted. His skin tone is too dark compared to Sam and Frodo's.

Here's a quickie pic of all four together. There's definitely a flesh tone issue, but it isn't as noticeable in person. Sorry I didn't have the time to kit them up, as I think the cloaks would help camouflage the aforementioned issue.

Scale-wise, I find the heads match up nicely to Frodo and Sam.

Apologies for the crappy camera and photography skills.

DSC00003-9.jpg

DSC00004-4.jpg

DSC00005-9.jpg

Looks good, Skutto! Are you going to get Frodo and Sam repainted to match the skin tone of the other two?

For free? :panic: :cuss :panic:

:lol

(I am still a little peeved that he marked up the price so damn high)

Could someone point me in the direction of Erick's sculpts because I can't seem to find the pics. :(

For free? :panic: :cuss :panic:

:lol

(I am still a little peeved that he marked up the price so damn high)

Well...I suppose he figures he might as well milk the fact that people have been waiting so long? Personally, I have a problem with it a bit too.

I like this Pippin sculpt best, but I think Snyder's Merry is better.

I'd like to see this set painted. I don't care for the paint on Snyder's. Looks like they're from Jersey.

I think Sosa has the superior likeness. The only thing I don't like is (knowing the trouble he was having doing the hair in a style similar to SSC's Hobbits) it looks like he he gave up trying and just said "Screw it!". Definitely don't like the price hike either...

Back