Whedonverse Actors You've Met

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was scrolling through "The Whedon Fan Group" here on the boards today, and reminiscing about all of the good times. So since things have been rather quite there, I figured I'd re-post some of the OPs to get the chatter going once again. With summer upon us and the convention circuit in full force, why not?!

So now the question: Which Whedonverse actors have you met?! Post 'em here along with stories, pics, memories, or anything related you want to share! I'm a big convention junkie, so I love stuff like this.

I know a lot of you have met actors, including Eliza, Summer, Alan and a few others. I always enjoy hearing the stories and sharing the experiences, hence the thread. So let's discuss, people!

Here's my list of "meet and greets":

From Buffy:
James Marsters -"Spike"
Eliza Dushku -"Faith"
Emma Caulfield -"Anya"
Adam Busch - "Warren"
Amber Benson - "Tara"
Julie Benz -"Darla"
Nicholas Brendon -"Xander"
Juliet Landau -"Drusilla"
George Hertzberg -"Adam"
Clare Kramer -"Glory"
Mark Metcalf -"The Master" AKA "MY BOY!!!" :rock
Camden Toy -"The Gentleman" and "Uber-Vamp"
Bianca Lawson -"Kendra"
Kristy Swanson -"Buffy"
Brian Thompson - "The Judge" and "Luke the Vampire"

From Angel:
Charisma Carpenter - "Cordelia"
Andy Hallett- "Lorne"
Amy Acker -"Fred"
Vincent Kartheiser -"Connor"
Mercedes McNab - "Harmony"
Christain Kane -"Lindsey"
Johnathan Woodward -"Knox"
Mark Lutz -"Groosalugg"
Elizabeth Rohm -"Kate"

From Firefly:
Nathon Fillion -"Mal"
Adam Baldwin -"Jayne"
Jewel Staite -"Kaylee"
Morena Baccarin -"Inara"
Ron Glass -"Shepherd Book"

Last edited:
So I did not meet James Marsters but was relatively close to him during his talk at the Emerald City CC (Seattle) this past year.

He recalled how he explained to Joss Whedon that Spike should not be 'Sid Vicious as a vampire' but rather should be modeled after Sex Pistol's lead singer, Johnny Rotten. Marsters did a great impression that conveyed how much of an inarticulate, boor Sid Vicious was and what a disaster such a portrayal would have been.

Anyway he validated my teenage years when I refused to listen to Nirvana in favour of old school punk like Sex Pistols and Patti Smith. Sigh.

Also he noted how he had gone to Star Trek conventions long before he became famous. I love seeing a real flash of geekiness in scifi/fantasy actors.

So I did not meet James Marsters but was relatively close to him during his talk at the Emerald City CC (Seattle) this past year.

He recalled how he explained to Joss Whedon that Spike should not be 'Sid Vicious as a vampire' but rather should be modeled after Sex Pistol's lead singer, Johnny Rotten. Marsters did a great impression that conveyed how much of an inarticulate, boor Sid Vicious was and what a disaster such a portrayal would have been.

Anyway he validated my teenage years when I refused to listen to Nirvana in favour of old school punk like Sex Pistols and Patti Smith. Sigh.

Also he noted how he had gone to Star Trek conventions long before he became famous. I love seeing a real flash of geekiness in scifi/fantasy actors.

:rock :rock :rock That's an awesome story. Love reading stuff like this.

Well, I only got into meeting Buffy people last year at my first ever con in Houston. It was a pretty crappy con.

Before that in Sept of 08 I met AlanTudyk at Speak Easy downtown Austin.

Whedon Peeps:

Nick Brendon
James Leary
Alan Tudyk
Claire Kramer
Felicia Day
Dichen Lachman
Amber Benson

and Doug Jones

That's it for now. If the Austin con goes well I shall be adding Charisma, James and Mercedes to the list. But that seems pretty unlikely because this is MY luck we're talking about. I have a feeling they'll cancel
:(

Well, I only got into meeting Buffy people last year at my first ever con in Houston. It was a pretty crappy con.

Before that in Sept of 08 I met AlanTudyk at Speak Easy downtown Austin.

Whedon Peeps:

Nick Brendon
James Leary
Alan Tudyk
Claire Kramer
Felicia Day
Dichen Lachman
Amber Benson

and Doug Jones

That's it for now. If the Austin con goes well I shall be adding Charisma, James and Mercedes to the list. But that seems pretty unlikely because this is MY luck we're talking about. I have a feeling they'll cancel
:(

I'd love to meet Alan. Is he pretty down-to-earth guy? (He seems like he'd be pretty friendly with the fans.)

For those that have met him, what is Nicolas Brendon like?

Ive heard very mixed things about him. Some say he is awsome and loves the fans, others say he is a complete asshat who shows up hungover and makes lewd comments to females.

Ive heard very mixed things about him. Some say he is awsome and loves the fans, others say he is a complete asshat who shows up hungover and makes lewd comments to females.

He's been nothing but nice, in the few times I've met him. Really easy to talk with. VERY witty and always cracking a joke here or there. Down-to-earth just like he was your next-door neighbor.

Last year, I went to a Q+A session with a few hundred people attending. We ended up derailing the whole thing for about 5 minutes as him and I just "shot the breeze" over the mics. Talked about some music, totally irrelevant stuff in general and didn't care in the slightest where the conversation went. (I got some looks from the crowd after that, so I had to wrap things up, but you get the picture. :lol)

Most of the people were mentioned already.

Nobody mentioned Sarah yet. That was at the Paley Fest Reunion. We got her to sign one of the Buffy collector's plates. You know the one "If the Apocalypse comes, beep me." That was definitely an excursion. Waiting in line at 3 in the morning (the night before the reunion) after flying into town and buying tickets on ebay.

Easter in Hollywood + Buffy Reunion w/Sarah Michelle Gellar=Happy Wife:hi5:

:cuckoo:Yeah, we're crazy over here!:wave

Here's my list of "meet and greets":

From Buffy:
James Marsters -"Spike"
Emma Caulfield -"Anya"
Adam Busch - "Warren"
Amber Benson - "Tara"
Julie Benz -"Darla"
Nicholas Brendon -"Xander"
Juliet Landau -"Drusilla"
George Hertzberg -"Adam"
Clare Kramer -"Glory"
Mark Metcalf -"The Master" AKA "MY BOY!!!" :rock
Camden Toy -"The Gentleman" and "Uber-Vamp"
Bianca Lawson -"Kendra"
Kristy Swanson -"Buffy"
Brian Thompson - "The Judge" and "Luke the Vampire"

From Angel:
Charisma Carpenter - "Cordelia"
Andy Hallett- "Lorne"
Amy Acker -"Fred"
Vincent Kartheiser -"Connor"
Mercedes McNab - "Harmony"
Christain Kane -"Lindsey"
Johnathan Woodward -"Knox"
Mark Lutz -"Groosalugg"
Elizabeth Rohm -"Kate"

From Firefly:
Nathon Fillion -"Mal"
Adam Baldwin -"Jayne"
Jewel Staite -"Kaylee"
Morena Baccarin -"Inara"
Ron Glass -"Shepherd Book"

OMG thats an amazing list! :clap I've only met a few AtS actors, (well watched at cons would be a more accurate description for half of them really) :lol

Including the following:

Charisma Carpenter -
Andy Hallett
Amy Acker
Vincent Kartheiser
Mercedes McNab
Christain Kane
j august richards (what a charming man)

And also from Buffy James Marsters (buckets of times :lol)
Anthony Stewart Head
Robin Sachs (Ethane Rayne)
Adam Busch
Amber Benson
Nicholas Brendon
Juliet Landau
George Hertzberg
Clare Kramer

When It comes to James I've attended loads of his own events and was even lucky enough at one such event to be one of 8 people who 'won' having dinner with him, which is were this silly vid was taken with my daft Spike puppet....:lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNN27hqJCrM"]YouTube - ‪James Marsters message‬‏[/ame]

Nobody mentioned Sarah yet. That was at the Paley Fest Reunion. We got her to sign one of the Buffy collector's plates. You know the one "If the Apocalypse comes, beep me." That was definitely an excursion. Waiting in line at 3 in the morning (the night before the reunion) after flying into town and buying tickets on ebay.

My god that is rare! You lucky devil. :D

OMG thats an amazing list! :clap I've only met a few AtS actors, (well watched at cons would be a more accurate description for half of them really) :lol

Including the following:

Charisma Carpenter -
Andy Hallett
Amy Acker
Vincent Kartheiser
Mercedes McNab
Christain Kane
j august richards (what a charming man)

And also from Buffy James Marsters (buckets of times :lol)
Anthony Stewart Head
Robin Sachs (Ethane Rayne)
Adam Busch
Amber Benson
Nicholas Brendon
Juliet Landau
George Hertzberg
Clare Kramer

When It comes to James I've attended loads of his own events and was even lucky enough at one such event to be one of 8 people who 'won' having dinner with him, which is were this silly vid was taken with my daft Spike puppet....:lol

YouTube - ‪James Marsters message‬‏

My god that is rare! You lucky devil. :D

You got quite the list, yourself!! :rock

That vid is awesome!!! :lol Congrats!

How was J. August? Had a chance to meet him years back (2003?) at a con, but passed because it was on Father's Day. (Why of ALL days?!) Never had another opportunity since.

And Anthony Steward Head?!? He's definitely on my MUST meet list. :hi5:

ASH is always good for a laugh, especially when he's teamed with Robin Sachs, as they both share the same kind of wicked sense of humour.

J August was a real charmer and an even more handsome in real life. :wink1: I got him to sign my Spike puppet. :lol

ASH is always good for a laugh, especially when he's teamed with Robin Sachs, as they both share the same kind of wicked sense of humour.

J August was a real charmer and an even more handsome in real life. :wink1: I got him to sign my Spike puppet. :lol

:rock Sounds like a good time, indeed.

Same Spike puppet from the other video?

Yeah, thats the one. I got several Buffy/AtS actors to sign in on the back.

It was a good con that one with lots of good AtS guests. I wish they'd do more these days.

Yeah, thats the one. I got several Buffy/AtS actors to sign in on the back.

It was a good con that one with lots of good AtS guests. I wish they'd do more these days.

Yeah, cons aren't like they used to be. :( Although, I will say that I'm surprised recently at some of the big names that Wizard World is getting for their cons, in terms of Buffy. I hope they keep it up for next year.

I'd love to meet Alan. Is he pretty down-to-earth guy? (He seems like he'd be pretty friendly with the fans.)

Honestly, Alan is a stand up guy. Probably the sweetest I've met. Love him! Wish I would have gotten a pic but didn't have my camera.

Um, Nick is nice, but I'm not a fan. He seems to think every question asked at a Q&A is meant for him to answer. I was super annoyed that he would step in front of all of the other cast members to answer things that were meant for all of them. So I'm just, not interested.

Most of the people were mentioned already.

Easter in Hollywood + Buffy Reunion w/Sarah Michelle Gellar=Happy Wife:hi5:

:cuckoo:Yeah, we're crazy over here!:wave

Sarah truly is my dream celeb to meet. Besides Angelina but she's in a different category. I am actually jealous for the first time on this board. Meeting the others, even Eliza, is pretty okay. But Sarah...dream! Lucky and also, congrats.

Back