Your Limit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xYx

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've already asked this on the "Sandbox" section of the forums but this time I want to be more specific. Do you guys have a set limit on which you'll be collecting?

How many is enough & please don't say that you won't ever stop collecting. Yes it is possible but space will eventually run out & if that isn't a problem for you, then unfortunately this isn't the thread for you.

I am excluding the Hot Toys "only" collectors for the reason that the collectibles I'm mentioning mostly concern PFs, Coms & Dios.

Please try & give a number on what you think your limit is.
Much appreciated!

Technically I'm already out of space. My PF table is fairly full probably will only fit two or three more large pieces on it. I know some switch out their stuff but to me that feels like a waste since I bought it. I would say that my PF days are numbered as I've sold off most of the impulse or meh buys already.

For 1/6 I've set up shelves that border my entire home office so I've got quite a bit of room left, I can fit two rows 14 on them, although the ones in back are a little obscured until I can figure out a riser situation since I mounted the shelves a bit too tall, so I've probably got a few years left there since I've really limited my 1/6 buying to only pieces I really want. I don't think I'll ever stop collecting but I have a feeling my heavy buy days are behind me and that I'll have to start streamlining a lot to continue on.

I'll keep going till there is no enjoyment.

Like I've mentioned, that could be forever but eventually space will run out. Unless of course your plan is to sell some while continuing on.

Technically I'm already out of space. My PF table is fairly full probably will only fit two or three more large pieces on it. I know some switch out their stuff but to me that feels like a waste since I bought it. I would say that my PF days are numbered as I've sold off most of the impulse or meh buys already.

For 1/6 I've set up shelves that border my entire home office so I've got quite a bit of room left, I can fit two rows 14 on them, although the ones in back are a little obscured until I can figure out a riser situation since I mounted the shelves a bit too tall, so I've probably got a few years left there since I've really limited my 1/6 buying to only pieces I really want. I don't think I'll ever stop collecting but I have a feeling my heavy buy days are behind me and that I'll have to start streamlining a lot to continue on.

I myself have considered into switching into Hot Toys, my only problem with it is that they mostly handle movie representations.

Just to reiterate.

How many is enough & please don't say that you won't ever stop collecting. Yes it is possible but space will eventually run out & if that isn't a problem for you, then unfortunately this isn't the thread for you.

I would probably do the same if space wasn't a question.

Space is an issue basically the second you start collecting. Really its either you buy a couple pieces and call it a day or you rotate. As long as its fun and I'm not about to have no money at all I'll keep going.

I have limits, but I'm always changing them. I used to limit myself to PFs only. Well, that went out the door with the Venom 1:1. Then I said, "Well, 1:1s and PFs are okay, just no comiquettes....." I broke that rule/limit too.

My biggest limit is space, BUT I think it's a "healthy" limit. It keeps me from going broke AND keeps my collection one of quality and not quantity. I've sold a few of my comiquettes, used the money for 1:1s and am slowly converting to that line.

In the end, I'll keep a few PFs and leave the rest of the collection to 1:1s.

Space is an issue basically the second you start collecting. Really its either you buy a couple pieces and call it a day or you rotate. As long as its fun and I'm not about to have no money at all I'll keep going.

Is that what you're doing?
Rotating was an option that I considered, so was going with Hot Toys & then there's plan C which is just telling myself this is it but keep on acquiring pieces until I go bananas.

Is that what you're doing?
Rotating was an option that I considered, so was going with Hot Toys & then there's plan C which is just telling myself this is it but keep on acquiring pieces until I go bananas.

I've done it before. Sold a bunch of stuff off and cleared $$ and space. Things are filling up again so I'll end up selling a few things off eventually and rotating others. If you see something and you like it get it if you can swing it. My collection is better for allowing myself to have a diverse collection.

Right now my 'collectible-mass' is around a max 7 displayable pieces. That's between PF's, Statues, and Prop Replicas. I don't have a dedicated display room, so anything more than a few pieces littered here and there becomes too much.

Technically, I could just continue buying additions and rotate my display stuff from time to time, but for the price we pay, it doesn't make much sense to me anymore to lock stuff away. They say every time you bring a new item in your house you should get rid of another; I'll be applying that to my outlook on this stuff.

I have a house. Space is no issue.

:lol I have one too but I also have a kid who loves my stuff. Setting it up around the house is playing with the devil, whereas in my office I can manually key lock the door and keep him out. It's bad enough when he is in here and wants to touch or turn on everything. Maybe when he gets old enough to know to stay away from my stuff I'll branch out, especially since my wife is into this stuff too but given he is only one, I've got a while before then.

18, since you asked for a number. My collection is displayed in a besta and I can't see myself having more than 3 of those big double bestas. I've bought 1-2 statues a year since I've started collecting and even sold statues to fund new ones. So with my habit of collecting, I've got a long ways to go :lol

18, since you asked for a number. My collection is displayed in a besta and I can't see myself having more than 3 of those big double bestas. I've bought 1-2 statues a year since I've started collecting and even sold statues to fund new ones. So with my habit of collecting, I've got a long ways to go :lol

Thank you for the feedback & the number good sir! Much appreciated. :hi5:

I'm limiteless, until I run out of the pills....

Or until DeNiro gets you.

Back