Ken-obiobi's Klassy Kollection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenobiobi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Updated July 2012

Pics first. Collection story second, for those that enjoy those.

1st detolf:
IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

2nd detolf:
IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

The Lady's shelf:
IMG_1162.JPG

Last edited:
Middle Shelf:
IMG_1171.JPG

Overview:
IMG_1172.JP

Where it all started:
IMG_1192.JPG

TV Cabinet:
IMG_1173.JPG

3rd detolf:
IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

Last edited:
So I think I've been going at this for 2 and a half years now. I recall having a load of extra cash 3 Christmas' ago, an empty bookcase with maybe 6 books on it and my old DvD collection. I was addicted to WoW, DvD's were being replaced with this newfangled Blu-Ray or them HD-DvD's(who could win?!), so I really had nothing to spend my hard-earned cash on. A trip to the comic store across the street with my roommate one day yielded my first toy(since I was a kid, though I also did Warhammer through my teen years, so did I ever really stop?), DC Direct's Red Son Batman.

I don't know how much time passed between the first and the second, but at some point I picked up one of the 25th Anniversary GiJoes, my old favourite toys, and fell in love again. One Joe turned into an Army, and soon my books and DvD's went into the closet to make more room on the bookcase for figures. I started visiting toy forums, and the internet showed just how much toys had changed. Six months later I had ordered my 1st Revoltech and Figma from Japan, then my 1st Shinki, my 1st Marvel Legends, my 1st MotUC, etc. Then one year later I got my 1st 1/6th figure as a present for myself, Sideshow's Clone General Obi-wan Kenobi, 2 weeks later he tumbled off a coffee table and broke his ankle joint, and a month and a half of no luck finding a replacement myself I came here to ask for help. Someone here sent me a spare joint free of charge, even refusing payment for shipping, been coming here since.

Then to now I've tried a lot of different toy lines, I try to dip my figure in everything. I haven't bought a 1/18th figure in a loong time, I still buy Japanese figures as I'm a pretty big anime fan, and I'm still refining the 1/6th collection(limited to only 2 detolfs of course, always just 2 detolfs..) I love this hobby.

tl;dr: I started with the small toys and then sold the small toys and bought the big expensive toys, expensive toys are better!

Last edited:
My favourite pics from my 1st lightbox attempt:
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Check out that bulge:
IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

These are all raw, straight from the camera. I haven't really looked into a cheap photo-editing program yet.

Last edited:
Right on time Colussus :wink1: and thanks! If there was ever one figure I'd grab during a fire, it'd be him.

Congrats, nice Collection, a lot of cool stuff and welcome to the show !

great collection

very eclectic
cplhicks said:
Great collection!
laudel7 said:
Nice collection
Mastter said:
Congrats, nice Collection, a lot of cool stuff and welcome to the show !

Much thanks mates! :wave

I took the lazy Sunday afternoon to get the camera out and replace some of the blurrier pics that triggered my OCD. Also scrapped together a make-shift lightbox with an xtra box, so more pics are inc!

These were also from my 1st lightbox attempt from a few months ago:
IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

I really love the contrast between these next two, blurred shots just work sometimes.
IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Dead eyes:
IMG_0534.jpg

That's it for now, I'll sort my new lightbox pics tomorrow.

Love it, Great Pic's, I will have to break down one day and snag the Kerberous, maybe when I have a lull in the pre-orders.
Congrats Ken

Love it, Great Pic's, I will have to break down one day and snag the Kerberous, maybe when I have a lull in the pre-orders.
Congrats Ken

Thank you Colossus. And the best of luck when that^ happens :wink1:

Kal-El said:
kool collection

Bah! I knew there was a better "k" adjective out there, koooooool. Thanks Kal-El!

Back