Witcher 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't believe this isn't even discussed haha...thought a solid high production value RPG would at least be on the radar and discussed here hehe...

I didn't really enjoy the first one because I got into it pretty late and by then I felt that the graphics weren't on par. Lame excuse I know, given that it was known for its very good storyline and etc.

But Witcher 2 graphics will quell any graphic-whore and the story is so good...still on Act 1 but I'm taking my time doing random side quests, hanging out at the brothel...lol and etc.

Waiting for this to be released on the consoles.

lol i feel wierd that I am the only guy playing and enjoying this.

But I guess it makes sense, cdprojectred is a small unknown foreign developer so Witcher 1 though highly rated, wasn't played by much of the younger crowd...I personally read the original books so I'm a big fan. But Witcher 2 is amazing...doesn't require knowledge of Witcher 1 to get right into the action!

IGN review: 9/10
https://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1168535p1.html

Gamespot review: 9/10
https://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/index.html?tag=topten;all;1

Oh and I got this at Bestbuy for $39 (before tax)...it comes with soundtrack, game, guide, map, papercrafts, a friggen oren (real coin material), crazy value...

Give it a go guys!

I want to buy this but will my experience be different if I never played part 1 before?

Im currently still questing on Dragon Age, so don't really want to move to another game yet. But this is definitely on my to buy list.

I want to buy this but will my experience be different if I never played part 1 before?

Im currently still questing on Dragon Age, so don't really want to move to another game yet. But this is definitely on my to buy list.

Won't affect a lot - simply go on wikipedia and read the storyline on witcher 1 :)

I also just recently got through DA2 and I guess to me Witcher 2 is better :)
yup looks like a 360 version has been submitted to ERSB for classification

Glad its coming out on consoles as that would certainly introduce the game to many more gamers...but as many reviewers pointed out this is the best looking rpg out there and it's really designed for the PC (controls better and looks better I guess)

Won't affect a lot - simply go on wikipedia and read the storyline on witcher 1 :)

I also just recently got through DA2 and I guess to me Witcher 2 is better :)

Glad its coming out on consoles as that would certainly introduce the game to many more gamers...but as many reviewers pointed out this is the best looking rpg out there and it's really designed for the PC (controls better and looks better I guess)

What else can you tell us about the 360 version of the Witcher 2?

I loved the first one, and can't wait to play part 2. I would love to hear some more feedback from someone that has had time with the 360 version.

Hm...no info on the xbox version as its not out yet. but I know CD ProjectRed initially waned to do a simultaneous release PS3/XBOX/PC but ultimately decided to stick with the PC version. so porting onto the XBOX console is actually newer news.

But Witcher 1 was better. It was kind of eastern-europe fantasy. Witcher 2 is half fantasy, half politician action. I dont like politics, so first is closer to me.

Hope you understand what I mean ))

The more I hear about this the more I want to play it. Sounds like a potential GOTY although I'm sure by the end of the year it will have been forgotten. Especially if Skyrim makes it out this year.

I really hope this comes out for 360. Watching the review in HD the graphics look good but there are several games out there on consoles that look better than this so I don't see that being a problem for the 360.

Back