NECA Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Super Freak
Reaction score
I apologise if this has been asked or is in the wrong thread but does anyone know why NECA hasn't decided to make figures based off of the new Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides movie?

I want a Blackbeard to go with my Jack Sparrow, Barbosa, Davy Jones and Captain Teague.

Have NECA said anything about the series?

I haven't heard anything. But I'm with you- I want NECA to pick up the line. I love the figures; they are so much better than what Jakks is putting out. :(

The Jakks are by in large junk but I have to say I was surprised at how passable a few were. I mean they are Jakks! The Penelope Cruz one you could use with the NECA figures and probably the old guy sidekick of Jack's. Whatever his name is.

They are not knockouts but some of the old NECA ones were real crap and these are at least comparable to some of the lame ones like Clanker and pretty much all of the Will Turners.

Yea Neca's older pirate figures look awful, their latest efforts have been far superior however and I have to imagine they would be improved upon.

The Jakks Gibbs and Blackbeard are great in 3-4" scale. I personally looked through all the 6" figures in person, and felt none of them were upto par however. The recently announced pirate costume 6" Barbossa from the the 2nd wave is the only one that looks promising imo.

I picked up the 4" Blackbeard to hopefully hold me over til Hot Toys releases him.

PICT1450.jpg

Okay, I must be thinking of a different NECA line than everyone else. I have a Jack from CotBP, DMC, and AWE in the 7" line and they're all pretty well done. I'm not crazy about the 18" Jacks, but Teague is outstanding. Or mine is.

I don't like the rubberiness of the accessories of the Jakks figures and the paint job on the ones I have are pretty bad. Weapons are okay on the 7'' line, crap on the 3". I had a heck of a time trying to get 7" Gibbs (best looking of the current line, imho) to hold his rifle correctly. The hs on the figures are decent, but overall I'm meh on the line.

NECA had its PotC license at the same time Zizzle had its license I think, so unless Disney sold exclusive rights this time around, I don't see why NECA couldn't get it. If they want it, that is.

I thought the CotBP and DMC figures were done pretty well. The started to suck with the AWE ones.

Agreed the only one I bought was Captain Teague and that was only because I found a decent paint job. Sao Feng looked awful and I was looking forward to that figure but passed when I saw it.

I also wish that NECA had done figures for On Stranger Tides. The crap that is out now is unbearable.

Current PotC toys are total lies, too. The characters turn into zombies in special light- which movie was that from? Sure wasn't the one I saw on Saturday.

NECA may have varied greatly on quality, but at least they didn't lie. :lol

I know they made Norrington -but a cleaned up version would have looked awesome.

Are the NECA figures in scale with Jakks larger figures? With the right paint job they might be close enough to pass as the same line ... Maybe ...

Are the NECA figures in scale with Jakks larger figures? With the right paint job they might be close enough to pass as the same line ... Maybe ...

To a degree. I never found Series 2 so I can't vouch for them, but from Series 1 both Gibbs and Blackbeard aren't half bad. I find Jack, Barbossa, and Angelica to be a little lacking in terms of sculpt/scale to even have a chance of fitting in, but they may not be totally hopeless in the right hands.

Sorry for the crappy quick pic, but here's my repainted Gibbs to show that it actually could work decently with the NECA line:

nmg0.jpg

Man, the way NECA has been doing their figures lately makes me wish they would re-visit this license... Fully articulated Pirates figures would be ARRRsome.

Back