No Hot Toys Batman on Sideshow's website?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jason148

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was just looking through sideshows web site and i noticed they don't have any of the hot toys batman line. Does anyone know why this is?, just wondering. Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: No Batman

Well that just sucks, thanx for the info. To sell the hot toys line and not carry all there products is just bad business. I like there flexpay option. Guess i'll have to get the new batman figures somewhere else when there released.

I was sure this thread was going to have breaking news about HT canceling the Keaton Batman. The wait is making me that uneasy. :(

O man if your looking for a hot toys batman at sideshow then your out of luck. The hot toys batmen were all the rage in 2008 so they all are probaly sold out the best place to look is on ebay right now.

Agree with you on that. Still waiting for a teaser or something but then again I felt that the keaton would not be released untill 2012

I was sure this thread was going to have breaking news about HT canceling the Keaton Batman. The wait is making me that uneasy. :(

Like others are saying, DC Direct is heavily involved in the licensing of DC HT figures (their logo is on the DX figures' boxes), and they distribute that stuff through Diamond. Sideshow would, I'm sure, love to be the distributor of the Batman stuff in the U.S., but they simply aren't allowed to.

But, Sideshow does carry some DC stuff ;)

OP should name the thread better before anyone else has a mini-heart attack :)

dc direct has the hot toys license for it thats why.

That is partially true. DC Direct had the Domestic License while Hot Toys had the International license for TDK. DC Direct imported them to the US which is what Sideshow usually does for Hot Toys figures and the authorized dealers continue distribution via the SSC warehouses. DC Direct passed on importing the Watchmen figures for example and that is why a DC licensed character from Hot Toys is being carried on the Sideshow site. DC Direct being the first company first and foremost due to ownership through WB has first shot at distribution, if they pass any company can take it and fill that position.

DC Direct's future is in flux which means that let's say that company is out at the time of TDKR and no longer functioning (some people predict that it will be be dead within a year) then Sideshow could absolutely import those Batman figures without much fail if they sign that agreement with DC/WB.

Very old news guys. Sideshow WANTS to carry Batman/DC stuff but just can't because of DC Direct. Kill DC Direct and things would magically open up. If the rumors of DCD going away are true, I wouldn't be surprised if HT has been sitting on both Reeves and Keaton so Sideshow can carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back