Does anyone still play any classic games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLU

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here plays any of the classics? I just ordered a NES/Super NES Combo system along with a slew of games.

**Also if anyone has any recommendations please share.

I haven't hooked it up in probably a year, but I also have one of those cheap systems that plays NES games, and a bunch of games I loved as a kid.

I often get more out of them than out of the fancy, hi-def stuff pumped out nowadays. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, Super Mario Bros., Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, Solomon's Key, Contra, Dr. Mario, Super Tecmo Bowl, Mega Man, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Bubble Bobble, TMNT 2, Jackal, Ikari Warriors. . .all still freakin' awesome games.

Metal warriors on the SNES was a blast, side shooter mech battle with really good 2 player action as well in a competative mech setting. By Konami I think, came out around 95 or 96, I still have mine and play it on occasion.

I still play my old SNES games. Just because they're old doesn't mean they're not fun. For SNES here are a few game I recommend

Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3
Mortal Kombat 1 2 and Ultimate MK3
Mario World 1, 2 and Mario All Stars
Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
Killer Instinct

Absolutely!

Wolfenstein 3D
Spear of Destiny
Doom
Doom II
Final Doom
Heretic
Hexen
Strife
Quake
Quake II

Love those games.

Damn those aren't classics. Classics to me are Kings Quest and those types of old PC games. And yes I love them and play them.

Does anyone remember Ultima? That series was pretty cool back in the day. It's been a long time since I played the collection, but I think I'll reinstall it soon.

Does Space invaders Extreme count? ive been playing the PSP demo over and over, this game is awsome!

its like if Rez and Space Invaders had a baby. why isn't this up to buy on PSN???

I play classic games all the time. I bring my SNES and N64 to work with me every day to play when I'm not busy.

If you want some good games to really get your money out of:

SNES:
Super Mario RPG
EarthBound
Harvest Moon
Super Mario All Stars
Star Fox

N64:
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
GoldenEye
Star Fox 64
Turok or Turok 2

There are tons of awesome classic games.

The old man was cleaning out the shed late last year & found the old Coleco Vision, I've got it sitting in the garage, along with a dozen cartridges. I'll have to hook it up on the weekend and give it a run.

Now that's a classic console system! I couldn't possibly count the amount of hours I wasted on that thing. :lol

I haven't hooked it up in probably a year, but I also have one of those cheap systems that plays NES games, and a bunch of games I loved as a kid.

I often get more out of them than out of the fancy, hi-def stuff pumped out nowadays. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, Super Mario Bros., Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, Solomon's Key, Contra, Dr. Mario, Super Tecmo Bowl, Mega Man, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Bubble Bobble, TMNT 2, Jackal, Ikari Warriors. . .all still freakin' awesome games.

I agree. Indeed the graphics are superb on the modern stuff but he classic games still keep me coming back,especially the ones I couldn't ever beat as a kid.
I do play a bunch of old games on this system i got at the Flea Market a while back . Its a China bootleg of 1000's of games that are all inside a controller that resembles old school controllers. you just plug in the wall and you TV and go.Lots of classic games on it , i paid $9.99 :lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the 1st site i looked for it buy this is just an example

https://www.ioffer.com/i/new-power-player-video-game-system-with-76-000-games-182590514
That thing is great! 1000's of games in each controller you say?? Is it buggy? How would you rate the quality?

The old man was cleaning out the shed late last year & found the old Coleco Vision, I've got it sitting in the garage, along with a dozen cartridges. I'll have to hook it up on the weekend and give it a run.

Now that's a classic console system! I couldn't possibly count the amount of hours I wasted on that thing. :lol

:hi5: lol "coleco vision" Thats awesome. I have an old atari and an odyssey I still play to this day.

Not sure if it really counts, but I fire up my mame every now and then, which covers over 4000+ games from Atari - PS2 (some of which are knock-offs of the original :lol).

Still hoping to build an arcade cabinet from scratch with mame. That would be the ultimate gaming pinnacle for me.

I had an Atari-2600, Commodore 64, NES, Gameboy, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, Saturn, PS2, Dreamcast, XBox, Gamecube, DS, XBox360, PS3, and Wii over the years. Pretty lame that I keep getting sucked back into buying new systems.

Most nostalgia is still wrapped up with the NES, though. Nothing like those old memories of sitting down with a buddy and taking turns on Super Mario Bros., or of playing Rampage until the wee hours of the morning. And the soundtracks are still very catchy, IMO.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emuZIp1JMVw&feature=related"]YouTube - Stage 3: Castlevania (NES) Music[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqFhczSljwM&feature=fvwrel"]YouTube - Stage 1: Contra Music[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkhhLC1tf8&feature=related"]YouTube - The Moon: Duck Tales Music[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie5w31DtIw8"]YouTube - Double Dragon Music (NES) - Mission 1 (Billy & Jimmy's Theme)[/ame]

man i still play old skool games all the time. i have my nes and super nes constantly hooked up. i sold a bunch of my games, but kept most. with all the psn stuff going down i have been seriously considering buying a wii for the virtual console. the only thing that can keep my ps3 from going to the wayside is a new metal gear. on the wii you can snag some awesome stuff on there for wayyy cheaper then you can buying cartridges. plus if you have them all downloaded on one system then you can take your whole gaming library with you wherever you go. you can also download imports of games that never came out over here.

Back