insurance claims and dealing with adjusters...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

automaton

Super Freak
Reaction score
anyone have experience dealing with an insurance adjuster? i was a passenger in a rear end collision… suffered whiplash that required two dozen therapy sessions and more discomfort than i have previously known. i wasn't going to bother with a lawyer, but the adjuster is offering me next to nothing, insisting it is "fair"…

anyone have any relevant experience?

anyone have experience dealing with an insurance adjuster? i was a passenger in a rear end collision… suffered whiplash that required two dozen therapy sessions and more discomfort than i have previously known. i wasn't going to bother with a lawyer, but the adjuster is offering me next to nothing, insisting it is "fair"…

anyone have any relevant experience?

Not personally but it already sounds like you may benefit from council.

Did the adjuster offer any explanation as to why she/he is offering that amount?

thanks guys, i appreciate the words...

"Did the adjuster offer any explanation as to why she/he is offering that amount?"

Our evaluation did take into consideration the soft tissue injuries sustained from the accident, the method and duration of treatment, and pain and inconvenience. our offer is fair.

thanks guys, i appreciate the words...

"Did the adjuster offer any explanation as to why she/he is offering that amount?"

Our evaluation did take into consideration the soft tissue injuries sustained from the accident, the method and duration of treatment, and pain and inconvenience. our offer is fair.

:lol :lol :lol Riiiiiight!

Get professional legal advice, bro.

Just don't call this guy...

saul_goodman.jpg
:lol

Same thing happened to me except I just had a sore neck for a week or so. The insurance company gave me $1200. Thought it was enough.

Same thing happened to me except I just had a sore neck for a week or so. The insurance company gave me $1200. Thought it was enough.

i am better now but it was an 8 month recovery... and over $3K in medical bills.

That's about what you would end up with if you call a Lawyer, after his 1/3 and the Doctor's 1/3. Hard to get much for soft tissue damage. Happened with both my son's.

i am better now but it was an 8 month recovery... and over $3K in medical bills.

He's thinking that you're not that hurt in the grand scheme with only $3k in meds. Did you miss any time from work?
Where you hospitalized for any time?
Did you undergo any medical procedure beyond the PT?
And how oftern did you go to PT?
Did you miss any sessions?
Where you belted at the time of the accident?

Trying trying to get the info. Sorry if it seems intrusive.

Also, did you just submit docs to the carrier and ask them how much they're willing to pay? Or did you ask for an amount first and then they countered with their own offer?

not intrusive at all… i have no experience within these matters and am grateful for any wisdom shot my way…

Did you miss any time from work?

i missed a total of 60 hours… but this was due to scheduling time for therapy.

Where you hospitalized for any time?

no… keep in mind, this was not a major collision, just a case of whiplash.

Did you undergo any medical procedure beyond the PT?

no

And how oftern did you go to PT?

22 times

Did you miss any sessions?

no

Where you belted at the time of the accident?

yes

again, this was not a major collision, but significant enough to have negatively affected my past eight months. i was not able to take time off of work and had to push through with the pain.

thanks in advance for your help!

And I take it that the offer reflected the medical costs AND the time missed from work?

Again, did you ever give the ins. company a demand? Or did you just submit docs and ask them what they were willing to give you?

Gut reaction- I wouldn't get a lawyer. Whatever more you get by having him/her work the case will just go into their pocket. I say this only because of your statement that this is not a serious case (and you BETTER BE SURE). Plus the atty. will not want to spend a ton of time working up a small case for a few bucks. It's just not in their economic interest.

One good thing (besides the fact that you're not hurt) is that you can still negotiate with the carrier. You're not obligated to take their offer and you can write back with some very detailed info why you think your case is worth more. I'd give them a demand number of what I want. At least this way there's a range. Then people tend to start moving toward the middle. If he doesn't want to discuss it, then I'd tell him that his offer is forcing me to hire an attorney to file suit and he'll be happy to perform a full work up of the case.

But you can always take what he's offered because he's already put it out there. Nothing to lose by asking for more. Also, I'd only communicate in writing via cert mail/RR.

Just my 2 cents. None of this should be taken as legal advice.

Back