Takara's Begins Batman & Catwoman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Catwoman looks great. The Batman looks good too. :chew

Good figure but at the same time, I'm liking my choice of going with the Hot Toys Batman more and more.

Great new pics. The Bale head makes the Takara worth getting for me. If I had to choose though it would definitely be a toss-up between this one and HTs. The sculpt in the mask definitely looks first rate too.

I like how Selena has a 2nd look as well, the jacket must be removeable.

Great pics, nice lighting, dynamic poses. Does look good.

Sideshows pics might not be of that standard, but you do get a genuine idea of their product. I do complain of their pics, but I'd rather complain about that, than have to complain about the price of their figures going up, to pay for glossy photo shoots. Another unacclaimed consideration Sideshow employs.

What's Batman's suit made of? It almost looks like rubber. And is Takara the only one making a Catwoman?

Batty said:
What's Batman's suit made of? It almost looks like rubber. And is Takara the only one making a Catwoman?

Thats why I perfer the HT Batman...I think the Takara looks awesome but looks like rubber...HT all the way!

I still like the HT better, but the Takara Bats has a nice head sculpt.... at least in this pic. Don't like the costume as much as HT though...:rolleyes:

The Takara Batman looks like he's gay...at least in those photo shots...

Yea, the suit is too much of a rubber suit lol. The accessories look nice though. Happy with HT.

Looking at the pictures again, the Takara looks more like a nicely possable 1:6 figure -- the suit looks like it's more function than form, the body looks like it's designed for a wide range of movements and the Bale head is a fantastic addition, if a definate step down from what we're used to by the artists at Sideshow.

While the Hot Toys' looks more like a high end collectable -- with a suit that looks like form trumpt function, possibly limiting movement and posing options, a more film accurate cape, and an over all glossyness to the piece indicating that the display of the figure was more important to the designers than the play of it.

I only wish they were a third the price or that my budget for this hobby was three times what it was so I could justify picking up both.

I think the Takara suit looks a bit rubbery as well... there are no glossy bits (like the bat symbol) either. Another nit I have is that the head in the cowl appears to be separate from the neck. While that will increase articulation, it doesn't look as nice. My preference is for the HT version, I also like their Superman Returns figure the best out of what's being offered so far.

I have the HT BB on order and was contemplating picking up the Tak too but the cut neck joint bugs me. Plus the body looks too slender and the sculpt seems a bit... well, shall we say more of a West Hollywood version and I am strictly Hollyweird. Now I see the Bale head is also a cut neck so it's a pass for me on the Tak.

Plus the bbts pre-order just went from 140 to 160!

Hightreker said:
That extra Bale head would make a nice Equilibrium custom.

Excellent idea!

As to Batman, I don't think he could look any better. Catwoman still looks off to me and it has to do with how bulky her goggles make her head look.

Back