Lighted acrylic display case - available NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
My local dealer finally got these custom lighted cases in :yess:. He designed them with displaying 1/6 figures in mind, but the HCG endoskull fits perfectly in it. These are LED lit using both a wall plug power adapter or batteries. Hand assembled and finished acrylic case with a mirror backing. Here are the pics:

Final prototype lit in a lighted room:
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

In a dark room:
photolight.jpg

photo3.jpg

An older prototype with a 1/6 figure displayed. This display was scrapped because the acrylic used did not pass his standard. The corners were also not to his liking. It also does not have the mirror backing. Showing these pictures to give an ideal as to what a 1/6 will looks like in the case:
photo5.jpg

For anyone interested, here is the information:

Link to order page: https://www.maybang.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HOT-05-10004

Price for the case is $99.95 each

Limited time promotion for board members: $15.00 off with code FSDCASE

Measurements for the case:

- acryilc case (without base) 15" x 9.5" x 9.5"

- base only 1.25" x 11.75" x 13.25"

- interior height clearance is 14.75"

Details about the case:

- 23 pc LED lights

- mirror backing

- comes fully assembled ready to display

- use power outlet or batteries as power source

- hand made with quality acrylic

Note this is the only size available at the moment. I am very excited about these cases. I will definitely display my endoskull in one. Can't wait to pick it up this week.

UPDATE: Sneak peek at the 1/4 scale case:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4062323#post4062323

Last edited:
yea, please post some pics. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. I just want to see more pics from others who have it.

Okay, finally got off my lazy butt and opened up the case. Had it in my possession for a week now but just too busy to open it. Must say this is a very cool display. Here are the pictures:

DSC_0355.jpg

Solid packaging:
DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

Closer look at the battery compartment. Nice option:
DSC_0364.jpg

Everything included in the box--acrylic cover, base, AC adapter, and a cleaning cloth:
DSC_0367.jpg

Lit up:
DSC_0370.jpg

Mr. Black feels right at home:
DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

Very classy looking display cases. It is best to display it lit in a bright room with the lights on. Glad I picked up an extra one for the DX Jack Sparrow.

it's on sideshow website now, and low quantity alarm already !!
too bad most of my collection are over the case size....

So I got mine and I'm not really that happy with it... The sides and top are fine but the front piece of acrylic is really hazy for some reason. I have never cleaned it with anything and I've tried wiping it with a cotton cloth...

Any ideas how I could fix it, or is this a manufacturing issue? Also it has ton's of little scratches all over (which wouldn't be an issue except the lights make them all show up so bad).
Oh and the right side of the front piece of acrylic is really wavy like it is melted or something.

will they ever be making bigger led cases for 1/4 scale statues?

So the 1/6 runs $100

The 1/4 is expected to run $300

How much for the DX Series, as that is the one Im interested in

I'd love to have one of these for my HT Sam Flynn and Lightcycle if the dimensions were flipped on its side since the light cycle is long rather than tall.

How tall is the 1/4 size case? I'm looking for something to put Enterbay Joker in.

The case is sold out on Sideshow's website. Specs:

Product Size:
23.5" H (596.9mm) x 23.5" W (596.9mm) x 19" L (482.6mm)
Internal height clearance:
23" H (584.2mm)*
Product Weight:
40.00 lbs (18.14 kg)*
Box Size:
26.50" H (673.1mm) x 29.00" W (736.6mm) x 24.50" L (622.3mm)*

The case is sold out on Sideshow's website. Specs:

Product Size:
23.5" H (596.9mm) x 23.5" W (596.9mm) x 19" L (482.6mm)
Internal height clearance:
23" H (584.2mm)*
Product Weight:
40.00 lbs (18.14 kg)*
Box Size:
26.50" H (673.1mm) x 29.00" W (736.6mm) x 24.50" L (622.3mm)*

Will maybang restock them?

Also how big is the DX case?

Back