Is Gandalf the Grey a lock for the next 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since he's the last human-sized member of the Fellowship? Or do you think SS might give us a little person or a hero or villain not in the Fellowship?

Which would you prefer?

I'd love to get Frodo next but Gandalf would be cool too.

Arwen, Galadriel, and Gollum will probably be the only non-Fellowship members I'll be getting.

Don't really desire a whole run of villains and things like with Star Wars.

Though I would personally prefer Gandalf, I think SS might surprise us with Gimli or the Hobbits! Which, IMO, isn't bad at all either. I'm all for completing the members of the Fellowship before moving on to other characters.

for me it doesn't matter which character they release next... My favorites will probably come sooner or later..

Sideshow has said that the Fellowship will not be completed this year and will not be the first 9 figures, so to me that means no new Hobbit/Dwarf body for quite awhile.

I think GtG has an excellent chance of being next - Ian McKellen is really popular right now with both the #1 & #2 box office films. I think Saruman will be released right after and will be the first baddie. The next one in line could be almost anyone; Arwen, Galadriel, Theoden, Eomer, Faramir, Grima, a Ringwraith, GtW and maybe Mouth of Sauron are all strong contenders we could get before a new body type is designed and tooled for production. I think 2007 will see the release of the Hobbits.

I plan on getting this entire line so it doesn't really matter who comes next. I am very interested to see the new body types for Gimli and the Hobbits. However, Gandalf the Grey seems to be the obvious choice for the next 12".

Entropy Chicken said:
The next one in line could be almost anyone; Arwen, Galadriel, Theoden, Eomer, Faramir, Grima, a Ringwraith
When I posted my "I don't think I'll buy any villains" comment I went through all the LOTR villains I could think of: orcs, uruk-hai, Saruman, Sauron, and completely forgot about ringwraiths! Hello! That said I revise my previous comment since I doubt I'll be able to resist picking up the Witch King. :nazgul :D

I can see Gandalf's beard being a problem - it would be great if he were next, but I think they need to shake it up and give us a non-Fellowship member next.

I'm hoping Gandalf the Grey is next, but I'd settle for a Gandalf the White, Saruman, or just about anyone. If all of them come out looking like Boromir, Legolas and Aragorn then I'm into this line for the long haul.

I would love to have Gondolf next....No matter who SS releases next I think it will kick ass.....

For me a villain or a second or third tier character (like a soldier of some kind).

There's no way we're not going to get Gandalf and all of the other principle characters in this line, so getting a more interesting character thrown in early would be kind of cool since it might not happen towards the end of the line, well . . . if there IS an end, given the vast possibilites.

For example, with how awesome these are looking, you bet I'd buy an Aragorn as Elessar and both Grey and White Gandalfs, etc. This line could have huge legs.

Darth Loki said:
I plan on getting this entire line so it doesn't really matter who comes next. I am very interested to see the new body types for Gimli and the Hobbits. However, Gandalf the Grey seems to be the obvious choice for the next 12".
I see it pretty much the same way, but I would be very pleased with a FEMALE character! That counts also for the SW line, which I'm also planning on completing (Hoth Leia!!!). There aren't to many female protagonists in LOTR, so any character is welcome: Arwen, Galadriël, Eowin, ...

Last edited:
Alice Adrenochrome said:
I see it pretty much the same way, but I would be very pleased with a FEAMALE character! That counts also for the SW line, which I'm also planning on completing (Hoth Leia!!!). There aren't to many female protagonists in LOTR, so any character is welcome: Arwen, Galadriël, Eowin, ...

I would love to see a SS Arwen 12" figure! I could pose her with Aragorn.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I see it pretty much the same way, but I would be very pleased with a FEAMALE character! That counts also for the SW line, which I'm also planning on completing (Hoth Leia!!!). There aren't to many female protagonists in LOTR, so any character is welcome: Arwen, Galadriël, Eowin, ...

Give me Eowin...I love a female character who can kick some major ass....Arwen would be cool too...

OT, but congrats on your 1,000th post kingdarkness03.
:fireworks :fest :fireworks

I'm almost up to 100. :D

you too Alice, though a bit belated.

Entropy Chicken said:

Thank you...Thank you..I like to thank my fellow Sideshow Freaks, without whom none of this would be possible:D

Thanks again EC.....

Entropy Chicken said:

Congrats to King and Alice on your 1000th ++ posts ! I've got a long way to goooooo......:chew

Back