Sideshow's plans for 1/6 scale droids (including Grievous)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sideshow made the "no general grevious will be made" comment before they knew how popular this line would be. we'll see a general grevious eventually. he may cost $150, but we'll see him.:chew

i agree it would be great to make some droids, but i think the R&D alone would cost too much for sideshow. C-3po and R2 probably wont be too difficult, but if they tried to do a super battle droid--ouch!!! i would really like a general grievous, but i think the end price would be too much for me to justify for a 12"
:r2d2line

I think any droids that are made would be very expensive since they can't use the standard body, a completely new body would have to be made for every figure and presumably many of them could not be reused. As for Grievous if I recall the articulation was another big challange. If it can be done I'm sure sideshow will find a way to do it.

I'm assuming that, with all things considered, it will be quite some time before we see ANY droids from Sideshow. :eek:

I think the Hasblows versions (their R2s are VERY well done) will have to do.... for now. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

The only droids I ever see SS making in the 1/6 line is C3P0 & R2.....cost and articulation problems for Grievous & battle droids seems to large....anythind is possible though.

I would like them but they'd have to be a reasonable price. I'm not going to pay over $100 for a 12" figure. SS needs to come up with a way to make them at a reasonable cost or just not make them at all.

SE5.jpg
cobraxq4.jpg

21291.jpg
2124.jpg
2116.jpg
21701.jpg
2131.jpg
2112.jpg
2177.jpg

35600191488.2.GIF

Last edited:
I just want to see the stuff I have on pre-order actually SHIP. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing what's on the way and placing my orders, but waiting months and months and then seeing shipping dates get pushed back gets frustrating to me.

KitFisto said:
I just want to see the stuff I have on pre-order actually SHIP. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing what's on the way and placing my orders, but waiting months and months and then seeing shipping dates get pushed back gets frustrating to me.

Ive been through it so much with Master Replicas already, I think Im numb to the process. I just forget about what I have on preorder and begin to get excited once people start to receive them and post up pics.

KitFisto said:

Yeah...tell me about about it....In the last couple of weeks I have had Jason X ship and I will have my HT Predator tommorow & Anakin later in the week....so that droped pre-order list down 3 figures, which were quickly replaced by 3 SDCC figures and a Boromir...I right back to haveing 17 figures on my pre-order list....

I'm in the upper 20's right now for pre-orders. Thankfully those are a lot of 12" and busts.

kingdarkness03 said:
Yeah...tell me about about it....In the last couple of weeks I have had Jason X ship and I will have my HT Predator tommorow & Anakin later in the week....so that droped pre-order list down 3 figures, which were quickly replaced by 3 SDCC figures and a Boromir...I right back to haveing 17 figures on my pre-order list....

Yeah, me too.... It can be a little nerve-wracking when you add it all up and think about it. The time flies though... I feel like I just ordered Anakin, and now he's shipping. wierd.

captain sack said:
sideshow made the "no general grevious will be made" comment before they knew how popular this line would be. we'll see a general grevious eventually. he may cost $150, but we'll see him.:chew

I agree. On a long enough time line we'll see him. On top your arguement, I gotta believe that there's a friendly rivally between SS and Hot Toys and if HT can do ED209, why couldn't SS do General Grevious?

gdb said:
if Hot Toys can do ED209, why couldn't SS do General Grevious?

exactly.

hot toys made all new bodies for their predator figures, and robocop was all new sculpts and molds. sideshow now knows this line is a hit, and just about everything star wars will sellout. and the fact that folks will pay over $100 for those predator and robocop figures proves a cool star wars droid like grevious will easily sell, even if he's $150.:chew

Maybe SSC can sub-sub contract GG out to HT. Hasbro license to Sideshow and Sideshow has HT develop and manufacture Greivous - Hey it could happen!

Darklord Dave said:
Maybe SSC can sub-sub contract GG out to HT. Hasbro license to Sideshow and Sideshow has HT develop and manufacture Greivous - Hey it could happen!

I like it. :D

Whatever it takes to get a bloody GRIEVOUS!

Back