DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I just got started today on my first creation... I wanted to start small and I did not want to destroy a gem of my collection... so I started to search for something to be the "alpha" subject.. I decided on the cheapest SSC figure I ever purchased, on that could be easily replaced if I screwed him up... Evil Ash...

I repainted much of the head, doing my best to not mess up... (Josh has shaky hands...I blame the military..lol)

I started out darkening the eyes and the helmet... Then I got cocky and started fiddling with the face wounds.. I always thought they seemed a little light and not "messy" enough. SO... I goried it up and got the bloody-black look of a shotgun blast to the face that I wanted.... I then aged the clothing and made it look a little more "grave-fresh"... Later, right before I began setting him back up for display, I was hit with inspiration.. I added clear gloss on his lower jaw and mouth area... realizing that he would probably slobber on himself a little bit.. And actually it really works!.

So without further adieu.. here is DA's first taste of custom work... bad pics, I know.. but I do intend on posting better ones within the next few days..

108504933RL918287534.jpg

108505033RL867600370.jpg

108505090RL389054667.jpg

108505133RL971260046.jpg

Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

looks really good DA.better than the original..thats a good start !!!! So who's next to get a paintjob in your collection?

Shaihulud said:
looks really good DA.better than the original..thats a good start !!!! So who's next to get a paintjob in your collection?

Well, I think I am gonna alter a few of my Jason's a tad... add some detail to the X mask and dirty up his straight-jacket. I'm going to damage up Jason VS and wait for my Bespin Luke stuff from Ebay to start my full-fledged custom attempt.

I also found out today that I seriously need a brush with a smaller tip for eyes... I almost messed up the Evil Ash just by darkening the eye sockets.. :google

Thanks for praise Shai! I hope to have better pics up soon so that I can show off the detail in his face.. It really turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

Great work DA, you really gave Evil Ash a really meaty look to his face. But dude you need a better camera to really show off your work. Keep us updated in the Jasons.

DekeStarkiller said:
Great work DA, you really gave Evil Ash a really meaty look to his face. But dude you need a better camera to really show off your work. Keep us updated in the Jasons.

Thanks Deke!!...I know....my camera sucks..:monkey2 My phone's camera is killing me.. I must have taken like 50 pics before I found any that were usable. I'm going to the store today and I'm just gonna get some film and take a bunch of pics from my collection and get them burned on a CD. That way I have some to show you guys..

I need a cheap digital, but I cannot afford much these days... But I am working on it!

That's a balls-y start that paid off! He looks great! I agree. You need a better camera. Mine is pretty good, but I have to prop it on something and use the remote to take a decent pic without the flash.

Can't wait to see more!

Customikey said:
That's a balls-y start that paid off! He looks great! I agree. You need a better camera. Mine is pretty good, but I have to prop it on something and use the remote to take a decent pic without the flash.

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks Mikey! I appreciate the comments... Yeah, I did take a gamble. But today when I bought the paints, I was seriously itching to start..:google

Thankfully it turned out pretty good. And to update the camera issue.. I just went and bought some good film and took about 20 pics of him. They are being developed and put on a CD as we speak so hopefully I got some good ones in there. I'll post them tonight at around 10 pm when they are finished. :D

Also, I made sure I had a bunch of film left over to use for my Luke and Jason projects... so expect pics on those when I start.

The face looks nice and raw.

Your work is, dare I say it... groovy.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The face looks nice and raw.

Your work is, dare I say it... groovy.

Thanks Man!! Wait until you see the "in-focus" shots...:rotfl :rotfl

That movie rules... I love AOD so much. I had to eventually do something to make Evil Ash better, if only for my own enjoyment.

Well, I got the pics back and I have to say that I am underwhelmed by my photo prowess... I haven't taken pictures with this camera in years and I forgot it's quirks.. A lot of the pics came back bad and only a few were serviceable...

But, lucky for me there were a few that work enough to show you on here and a few more gems that I think turned out great.... The last one in particular looked awesome.. I'm really glad it came out ok.. Man, I wish I had a digital camera... :monkey2

So here goes...

108614850RL854694424.jpg

108614875RL519830598.jpg

108614881RL619907858.jpg

108614912RL697855389.jpg

108614902RL946446795.jpg

Oh and here is a shot of my in-progress Jason.... I did some work on his Jacket, dirty it up a bit...

108614962RL512527563.jpg

Here are the closest head shots I could come out of this with... none of which really shows the beauty of the repaint...:google

Oh well...maybe next try.. once I get the Luke done..

108618423RL341128010.jpg

108618500RL739445969.jpg

108618564RL932369767.jpg

Today I got brave again and began working on my Jason's....

I started working some more on giving FVJ Jason a more filthy jacket, and then realized just how clean his mask looked. I decided to fix that as well, and darkened his hockey mask. it works rather well, though I think I might add some more to it later to give it "layers of filth".

Then I thought that I would fix Jason X's mask as well, adding a bit of grime to his mask as well, just not as much as FVJ... It actually looks much better, making the dings on the left jawline of the hock stand out much more.

Later, I stained Regular Ash's clothing and FVJ Freddy's sweater/pants. I've also decided to repaint his head, so I took some of Mikey's advice and gave it a coat of primer....

I took some nice pics, but they will have to wait until I finish the roll, until then I can give you some phone pics...

108944740RL368982978.jpg

108944750RL779446680.jpg

108944691RL800068310.jpg

Again, I know how bad these pics are but they are just to show the work as of now.. I will be sure to post nicer ones once I finish my roll of film.. Expect more pics within the next two weeks. :D

Repainted Freddy Proto... I still need some orange to highlight the head a little more... I forgot to buy that color last Friday.. will have to do that later..

But here are some bad pics to hold you off until I get the roll developed...:D

108975485RL518868912.jpg

108975438RL773126745.jpg

108975410RL860435923.jpg

108975362RL385431785.jpg

GOSH......those are awful pix:lol .....j/k....really like all the new pix....I so need to get an Ash & Evil Ash....

Thanks guys! I promise that new pics will be posted shortly to really show this off a little bit more.

Mikey, I appreciate your comments very much.. I started doing this based on the strength of your work. Before that I was always content with my figures and never wanted to make them better. But now, I look at everything in the room and wonder what I can do to them....

I'm having a blast and I can't wait to get the Bespin Luke started.

And King... You can find Ash and Evil Ash for pennies if you look hard enough... Evil Ash is great... I love that figure. But now he is so creepy.. he looks like he is staring at me across the room.. :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Thanks guys! I promise that new pics will be posted shortly to really show this off a little bit more.

Mikey, I appreciate your comments very much.. I started doing this based on the strength of your work. Before that I was always content with my figures and never wanted to make them better. But now, I look at everything in the room and wonder what I can do to them....

I'm having a blast and I can't wait to get the Bespin Luke started.

And King... You can find Ash and Evil Ash for pennies if you look hard enough... Evil Ash is great... I love that figure. But now he is so creepy.. he looks like he is staring at me across the room.. :lol

Yeah I had bid on a set of both...the high bid was only $20 so I put in $25 and totally forgot....I went back a couple of days latter and they both sold for only $28...I was a liitle sad, but they are pretty easy to find and cheap....

kingdarkness03 said:
Yeah I had bid on a set of both...the high bid was only $20 so I put in $25 and totally forgot....I went back a couple of days latter and they both sold for only $28...I was a liitle sad, but they are pretty easy to find and cheap....

Yeah, you shouldn't have much of a hard time tracking one down for cheap. I got mine for 10 dollars. :D

He was a joy to paint, just an awesome level of texture to use. I'm glad I started out with him and it's gonna be hard to do another character that is better than he turned out IMO...

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, you shouldn't have much of a hard time tracking one down for cheap. I got mine for 10 dollars. :D

He was a joy to paint, just an awesome level of texture to use. I'm glad I started out with him and it's gonna be hard to do another character that is better than he turned out IMO...

The more you paint, the more you surprise yourself.

Customikey said:
The more you paint, the more you surprise yourself.

Y'know...I've just noticed that today, Mikey!!.. I was messing around with the Freddy some more. Adding highlights here and there to deepen the burn effect I was going for... and I stopped to look at it again. I still cannot believe I painted it.

Another thing that surprised me is how much fun this all is... I'm having a blast.

I took more pics of the final Freddy product.. they are better than usual for my camera phone..:lol

I took a bunch with the real camera and the roll is almost finished. It should be another week before I can develop it.

109320673RL500461153.jpg

109320789RL877002962.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back