Monkey Man ROTLA 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

Adding to my already growing Raider of the lost Ark figures I have added Monkey Man and his little sidekick to the collection. I have always been surprised that no-one has ever made a 1/6 version of him that I know of.

I decided to mix this figure with both the movie version and Hasbro 3-3/4 figure to get the desired look you see now.

RECIPE

1: Monkey Man - The head is from Dragon's Timeline figures I think it was Auret, I added a little extra hair and goatee to the head. The robes inner and outer are from D-Art Studios https://www.d-artstudios.com/index.htm.

The body and hands are both from a TLL v3. The eye patch is made from left over leather and you can't see it that well but he also has the scaring as well.

The turbin and scarf are pieces of material from the material bin cut and dyed to the desired colours, The pants are from my 1/6 bin and again dyed to the desired colour. The sandels are made from the inner soles that come with the Dragon shoes and the starp is some left over leather.

The Monkey is from Ebay and was painted to try and get the look of the little guy and the vest is tissue paper glued inplace and then painted.

Ron

Attachments

• mm1.jpg
    mm1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 238
  • mm2.jpg
    mm2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 242
  • mm3.jpg
    mm3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 222
  • mm4.jpg
    mm4.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 246
  • mm5.jpg
    mm5.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
i really like this custom, would love to see a pic of all of your creations together in your collection, well done!

love this... awesome custom.. one of my favorite side characters.. wish the Indy universe was as fleshed out as the SW universe.. a side story about this guy would be an interesting read :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:thud:

This is one of those guys -- like the German Mechanic -- that I simply must-have!

BRILLIANT job, sir! Brilliant!!! :bow

If I can cobble all the parts you have listed, I'm right behind you.

But how did you get the robes so perfect? Is that custom made from D-art?

Hi All

Adding to my already growing Raider of the lost Ark figures I have added Monkey Man and his little sidekick to the collection. I have always been surprised that no-one has ever made a 1/6 version of him that I know of.

I decided to mix this figure with both the movie version and Hasbro 3-3/4 figure to get the desired look you see now.

RECIPE

1: Monkey Man - The head is from Dragon's Timeline figures I think it was Auret, I added a little extra hair and goatee to the head. The robes inner and outer are from D-Art Studios https://www.d-artstudios.com/index.htm.

The body and hands are both from a TLL v3. The eye patch is made from left over leather and you can't see it that well but he also has the scaring as well.

The turbin and scarf are pieces of material from the material bin cut and dyed to the desired colours, The pants are from my 1/6 bin and again dyed to the desired colour. The sandels are made from the inner soles that come with the Dragon shoes and the starp is some left over leather.

The Monkey is from Ebay and was painted to try and get the look of the little guy and the vest is tissue paper glued inplace and then painted.

Ron

Hi All

Guys great to hear your thoughts on him and there all very much appreciated.

chalkyYT, Mad Old Jim & The Rogster at this stage I only have seven figures left as I sold alot gave some as gifts. But when I get my Raiders collection bigger I'll take pics.

Wor-Gar it is from D-art I have got alot of outfits from him lately including a Belloq ceremonial robes.

The Rogster if I could find a HS that looked like him I would make hom in a heart beat.

Ron

Does anybody know what kind of monkey was the one that the monkey man had?

this one looks decent right?

I don't know about the size though: Size: 3" L x 3" H (7.5 x 7.5 cm).
thanks!

Sal

:clap Love it Ron! Another absolutely fantastic job~! Monkey Man seems to get overshadowed by Toht, The German Mechanic and Cairo Swordsman but to me he's ever bit as cool and iconic.

hahahha OK! Yeah I remember that guy!!!!! WOW that's a hard to know name! :) I thought I was a hard core fan cause I knew Satipo's name, but "Barranca" which means cliff in spanish :)

Back