NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

predator1neca.jpg

no way better than hot toys necas paint apps come out looking like a 3 year old did it and they make you pay more for the same fig for a different head sculpt hot toys gives the mask open and close mouth and way more articulation HOT TOYS #1

LOL. In terms of size, yes, though that's about it. Assuming the quality is good, though, I actually think these will be insanely popular and will sell out quickly. $75 doesn't seem like a bad price, but then, I have no idea what a 1/4 scale NECA toy would look like in-hand.

nthey make you pay more for the same fig for a different head sculpt hot toys gives the mask open and close mouth and way more articulation HOT TOYS #1
Right. Hot Toys only does that with the Terminator figures.

The greater poseability of the HT one combined with its 'close-enoughness' (particularly if you add a TD or baloo mask and do a dread-mod) would still give HT the edge for most on this forum I expect. And I wouldn't entirely disagree. But in any case they're two different scales. One doesn't 'replace' the other.

Im sure i will get the helmet version but i think that they must include 2 heads in this figure , one with helmet and other , i dont mind open or close mouth but 3 diferent versions is a great fail, about the war with hot toys , this is a diferent scale, im sure that this will be a great figure for display and pose.

There is no war, because they produce completely different products that cater to completely different audiences. There is overlap, but probably not that much.

I agree that 2 alternate mouthed versions each including the helmet head would have felt more reasonable, but NECA will probably be able to move more stock this way. So, power to them.

This looks awesome. But having Three seperate versions is a huge fail on necas part. It should include all three heads for $75.

Can anyone direct me to pictures/thoughts/reviews for previous NECA 1/4 scale figures? The concept of a huge Predator sounds great in theory, but I would like to know what I might be getting into before ordering. If they feel and look too cheap, then I will probably pass.

$75? You gotta' be frackin' kidding me. For that price, this thing is amazing. I got so excited I didn't even see the price. :p

Definitely will get closed mandibles version. That's my most iconic version, IMHO when he sets the timer and laughs, it was creepy scary.

I figure this thing warrants its own thread, seeing as how it is so different from the small toys generally discussed in that other thread. Besides, this is the only NECA toy I've even been remotely interested in since I became aware of high-quality, 1/6 scale figures. Best if I don't have to read through any other discussions.

This will be bigger than HT...

Possibly. The paint will be a make or break IMO; quality that would be forgivable, or even decent, on an 8" figure could look awful at 18". They'll really need to match Kotobukiya for this to work.

Anyway, HT's line didn't really take off until they started doing P2 as well as AVP. The reason for their insane collectibility is that, well, they're collectible... NECA will need to start doing more 18" figures for this to really work. 18" Berserker anyone? :)

At least one of the biggest paint issues on the smaller one is solved: the netting.

It does not matter who is better,All I know that a 1/4 scale P1 would look great on my desk,That is a FACT.They are all good 1/4 scale who would believe.....

Back