Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the pic! Buy now!

Lord of the Rings - Sauron - Premium Format Figure

Question : Regarding your upcoming Sauron piece in collaboration with Jerry Vanderstelt, I was wondering if you could comment officially on whether it will fall into the Premium Format category (even if not officially 1/4 scale), or if it will in fact be one of the first (if not the first) baddie in the new maquette line? This is easily my most anticipated piece, and I know everyone is eager to know more!

Answer : It’s going to be BIG. It will be done in approximately 1:4 scale, true to the Premium Format line. If all goes according to plan, this will be a major centerpiece for the LOTR line, a very singularly impressive statement piece.

I guess it's official. The Sauron statue SS currently in production will indeed be premium format :google

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. I have held off forever on picking up a villain, looks like the wait will pay off.

Cool! He was always a nifty character.

223063-35093-sauron_super.jpg

I could be mistaken, but I think this refers to the LOTR Sauron, not the Marvel Comics X-men villain Sauron. :lol

LOL....I must admit either would be nice....But on a serious note this would be stupidly expensive...It would be like buying a 1/2 scale piece like Iron Man or T-800 terminators...Those 3 ft pieces sold for 2000 each...This Sauron would go for at least 1500 IMHO...maybe more

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the PF Sauron, but I just hope there is good deal of time between this and the RWOS PF.

And Woodsy, I know that you are just trying to highlight the fact that Sauron has been confirmed to be a PF, but I take great offence that you would use the color pink in anything to do with Sauron. :lol

I can't wait to see the PF Sauron, but I just hope there is good deal of time between this and the RWOS PF.

And Woodsy, I know that you are just trying to highlight the fact that Sauron has been confirmed to be a PF, but I take great offence that you would use the color pink in anything to do with Sauron. :lol

Rest easy NK, I've taken care of that. That was driving me crazy as well....unfortunately, when using the New Thread 'title' option there are no options as to colour, so it's pink or nothing....I choose nothing. :lecture :lol

Saw that and Sauron will indeed be bought. This piece is going to be epic I do believe.

We already know Sauron [and Saruman!] are scheduled for 2012 so that should give us a good year or so between pre-orders, and when you consider what these two could potentially cost....that is a very good thing IMO. :lecture

LOL....I must admit either would be nice....But on a serious note this would be stupidly expensive...It would be like buying a 1/2 scale piece like Iron Man or T-800 terminators...Those 3 ft pieces sold for 2000 each...This Sauron would go for at least 1500 IMHO...maybe more

Comparing statue prices within a specific licence is hard enough, comparing prices using different licences as a benchmark, even moreso......for a variety of reasons. I don't have a clue as to what this is going to cost, but my gut feeling tells me it'll be closer to the $800-1000 range though granted, that could just be wishful thinking on my part. :dunno

As cool as this sounds, and it is cool news...it'll be really HUGE...and really EXPENSIVE. I'm more than happy with the original Weta 1/6 one I scored off of the 'Bay a few years ago for around $150 shipped... :hi5:

While fantastic news (an actual cloth cape would be pretty cool), the best pose I can think of is the one that SSW already did for their polystone statue...mace in one hand, ring on the finger of the other hand extended forward.

Now find a way to have a working One Ring that switches on and I'll be ecstatic. :wink1:

A good way to gauge its size is if you own the 1:4 scale Helm of Sauron. It's easily double the size of the other helms in the series.

This thing is going to be HUGE! :gah:

While fantastic news (an actual cloth cape would be pretty cool), the best pose I can think of is the one that SSW already did for their polystone statue...mace in one hand, ring on the finger of the other hand extended forward.

Now find a way to have a working One Ring that switches on and I'll be ecstatic. :wink1:

Wow, what a great idea! :clap A light up ring really would be the icing on top of the cake.

Comparing statue prices within a specific licence is hard enough, comparing prices using different licences as a benchmark, even moreso......for a variety of reasons. I don't have a clue as to what this is going to cost, but my gut feeling tells me it'll be closer to the $800-1000 range though granted, that could just be wishful thinking on my part. :dunno

I don't think he'll be that much I really don't. I think it will be much closer 500-600 range based just on other pieces from other lines. Now, could it be in that much higher range but I don't know.

A good way to gauge its size is if you own the 1:4 scale Helm of Sauron. It's easily double the size of the other helms in the series.

This thing is going to be HUGE! :gah:

Or, you can take the measurement of the SSW Sauron @ 23 1/4" [excluding the base], add 50% to that total for a grand total of approx. 35". :wink1:

Based upon what I know, this Sauron is going to be an Ultimate collector piece, and the pose was worked out to look as cool as possible at every angle, and is based upon the environment/scenery I put Sauron in.

JV

I like how you're saying this could cost 500, 600, 800, 1000, when that's what you reckon Rivendell will cost! :lol

This should be a good-looking PF, but i already have a perfectly good Sauron, so for that reason, i'm out.

Based upon what I know, this Sauron is going to be an Ultimate collector piece, and the pose was worked out to look as cool as possible at every angle, and is based upon the environment/scenery I put Sauron in.

JV

Sounds great, as long as it is not the same people who thought the Morgul Lord pose was 'cool'.

Back