Stalker Predator Mask Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wonder if this is one of the SDCC 2011 reveals slated for next week?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=34605&ref=footer&prod-blog1&ssc

stalker1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome, has a small backstory, I want it. But seriously, like boba said, we need P1 and P2 already!!! :panic:

its very cool and all, but i think with no real history behind it, they will struggle to sell these if priced at $300. Its nice that the Wang name is backed behind a Pred piece, but the name alone didnt help with sales of Carnage and the new Venom, so i see the same applying here.

It's definitely a cool-looking mask, but SSC should wait for the more fan-oriented exploration pieces once the main film-based collectibles are finished. P2 1:1 bust... P1 and P2 1:1 helmets... P2 LSB... P2 1:4 maquette... all that good stuff :).

at the right price, i would defn be up for this, but SS is the last company i would expect to get a steal of a price on a Pred product. I did ask Steve though, and he confirmed that this Bio will have lights. He said he actually sculpted this thing over a year ago. Unfortunately, he also confirmed he wont be doing anymore P1 products at all; i thought he might do the Bio, but i was wrong :monkey2. He also said theres a possibility of a maquette for this concept as well...........

I would be shocked if we dont see the P2 LSB by the end of the year, SS did say they were doing P1 and P2 at the same time. I have my doubts about any other P2 stuff though

They should be showing the 1/4 Wolf maquette soon since Steve is the one who is behind it.

Probably gonna be priced around the $300 range but this bio is just so unique that I would have to pick it up.

with light up function, it could be even more. I wander if Steve added any BD to it; you would think a Predator that hunts other Preds would get kind of roughed up from time to time.

It would been cooler if it had actually been used in a movie.

I like the backstory though.

Thought I would cut n paste here for those who haven't read it.

“I was always intrigued with exploring the Predator mythology further than the films have attempted to date, and one of many concepts that has always fascinated me was the notion of ‘the hunter becomes the hunted.’ The concept of the ‘Stalker’ was born from this basic idea. Taking cues from films like The Most Dangerous Game where human hunters hunt another human hunter, I thought it would be interesting to apply that to the Predator world.

“My favorite weapon of the Predator is the blade because it’s a close-range combat weapon and requires real skills to take down your enemies. I love the image of a warrior holding his blade in front of his face as he approaches his prey for the kill, so it was with this image in mind that I decided to add blade-like structures on the faceplate of the helmet.”

To describe the character of this new Predator, Steve writes, “He’s a serial killer who only hunts other Predators. He’s known to stalk and terrorize his prey before the kill. He gets his thrills turning the hunter into the hunted. The blades that adorn his helmet represent his weapon of choice. He has a specially designed blue laser targeting scope that emits no heat traces and is invisible to other Predators’ heat vision making his location harder to detect by a Predator.”

It's pretty damn cool and has nice lines and detailing. It would look really neat with some TX blu lighting behind some mesh in the eyes like in the design drawing. But the "back story" and mythos behind this mask counts for ____ really when I haven't seen him on a cinema screen.
Sideshow is giving us what we don't really want before they get the most desired pieces out and I have my doubts if we will get them at all.

well... at least it means that this Pred doesn't die in front of a camera.

Also, personally, I didn't like the concept art, but I'm loving the sculpt.

I will end up buying it. If it is indeed one that comes out. But i think it looks too busy. Id like to lose half the lines from the bio.

Its like a Guyver

I will end up buying it. If it is indeed one that comes out. But i think it looks too busy. Id like to lose half the lines from the bio.

Its like a Guyver

I was thinking the same thing, it's like a Predator meets Guyver hybrid. Hmmm, I wonder what he'd look like in 1/6th form:monkey3

Back