Thor Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Damn! That looks ____ing awesome! The sculpt looks to be 110% dead on. Give it to me now :rock

This is a must buy for me . . . especially because I am Thorless right now . . and that is unacceptable . . .

Uh yeah without a doubt.

Really? A likeness of an actor of a film that no one has a clue as to whether it is crap or good? I'd rather have a real Thor again or someone else that is popular in Marvel's bullpen.

I'll be curious to see how popular this ends up being. Maybe the drive to have the full Avengers line-up in PF format will help to move some statues. Personally, it is a pass for me. Too far removed from the classic comic version (which I have anyway. . .).

Is there even enough interest in a movie Thor?

Really? A likeness of an actor of a film that no one has a clue as to whether it is crap or good? I'd rather have a real Thor again or someone else that is popular in Marvel's bullpen.

I def think there is enough demand. There are plenty of HUGE Thor fans out there and we are all hopefully optimistic that Chris will do the roll justice as will the movie as a whole.

Regardless though this is 2011's Thor, just like comic books where you can encounter various renditions of a character this is the NOW human representation of the warrior lots of us praise. IMO Chris is going to bring Thor to the masses and a statue to commemorate that is absolutely justified.

I guarantee this will sell just fine. Marvel fans will buy this up and then when the movie comes out and is good as its looking things will move just fine.

Hot Damn! That looks ____ing awesome! The sculpt looks to be 110% dead on. Give it to me now :rock

Agreed. The likeness is fantastic. I don't buy comic-related statues so I'm hoping the movie isn't crap, as I'd definitely like to add this to my collection.

A lot of his success will depend on edition size, I suspect (and, of course, the popularity of the movie). But then, I guess the NRD and basing reg. edition size on pre-orders will help to make sure that it sells out.

Somehow, this character design isn't iconic enough to move collectibles on its own merits, IMO. Iron Man was, Cap should be, because they are colorful and immediately recognizable as well known comic characters in live action form. But even if you are familiar with classic Thor (which frankly, many people aren't), this guy's got a beard, long sleeves, may or may not have a helmet, etc. He doesn't have a robot armor, he doesn't have a huge emblem like Cap has with the flag, and he lacks the vibrant colors of the classic Thor, as well. I think this works against him.

I guarantee this will sell just fine. Marvel fans will buy this up and then when the movie comes out and is good as its looking things will move just fine.

Don't agree...a Chris Evans "Captain America" PF would be the best one for Marvel to do.

Agreed. The likeness is fantastic. I don't buy comic-related statues so I'm hoping the movie isn't crap, as I'd definitely like to add this to my collection.

I don't think it will be. I really think this movie is gonna be freaking awesome

Somehow, this character design isn't iconic enough to move collectibles on its own merits, IMO. Iron Man was, Cap should be, because they are colorful and immediately recognizable as well known comic characters in live action form. But even if you are familiar with classic Thor (which frankly, many people aren't), this guy's got a beard, long sleeves, may or may not have a helmet, etc. He doesn't have a robot armor, he doesn't have a huge emblem like Cap has with the flag, and he lacks the vibrant colors of the classic Thor, as well. I think this works against him.

Thing is the movie version tends to look like the modern Thor which is quite popular so I think it will do fine with that crowd.

Back