Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokes & Bats

Super Freak
Reaction score
The highly anticipated 3D adventure fantasy Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie presented by Walt Disney Pictures will be globally launched in May this year.

To keep in line with the movie launch, Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie from the DX series, highlighting the highly detailed head sculpt with two interchangeable faces with different gestures, sophisticated costume and the movie-accurate rudder as accessory.

The 1/6th scale Captain Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie

- Approximately 30 cm tall

- TrueType body with over 30 points of articulation

- Highly detailed hair sculpted piece by piece with accessories and red hair band

- Two (2) interchangeable faces with different gestures with real-like beard and plaits on chin

- Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) patented by Hot Toys Limited for both faces

- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable palms with rings and glove on right side including:

n One (1) pair of relaxed palms
n One (1) pair of palms for holding flintlock pistol
n One (1) right palm for holding saber
n One (1) pair of palms for holding rudder or telescope
n One (1) pair of palms showing his iconic gesture
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) leather-like detachable brown-colored hat
- One (1) piece of cream-colored long-sleeved shirt
- One (1) blue- and brown-colored patterned vest
- One (1) dark brown long jacket
- One (1) pair of dark brown pants
- One (1) dark brown and (1) light brown leather-like belt with buckle
- One (1) dark brown leather-like patterned shoulder band with saber sheath
- One (1) pair of brown boots

Weapons:
- Two (2) flintlock pistols
- One (1) saber

Accessories:
- One (1) left lace wrist band and one (1) right wrist band
- One (1) scarf
- One (1) piece of feather on waist
- One (1) compass
- One (1) small telescope
- One (1) head sculpt of his mother
- One (1) duck’s foot sculpture
- One (1) movie-accurate rudder with base and movie nameplate
- Figure stand with Captain Jack Sparrow nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by KOJUN
- Head Painted by JC.HONG
- Head Art Directed by JC.HONG
- Hair Sculpted by KOJUN & GOX (EOM JEA SUNG)
- Accessories Sculpted by T. J. CHA
- Costume designed by HAI LIM

**Product shown is not final, pending licensor approval

Release date: End Q2 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX

OMG that look wonderful but the boots look enormous to me. Are they really that broad on the leg and ankle? :lol:

I think the likeness looks stronger in these new pics, although I still have 'issues' with the mouth.

*ETA* OMG they're cloth boots by the looks of it, aren't they?

Man that is one of the best likenesses i have seen on a figure collectible!!!!INSANE!

Dayum that likeness is incredible :rock :rock
20153010150147900822344.jpg
[/URL]

Amazing stuff, this may actually be my first Hot Toys purchase :horror :lol.
x :duff

Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX Spec + Pics

Anyone know what the release date is for this yet?

Thanks for that. :D

FINALLY!!! looks amazing..

im a big fan of the flicks but i would never buy a figure from the movies.The fact my misses is a huge fan is enough for me to buy it for her for XMAS!!!
Time for a movie marathon!!!!A-HO ME HEARTIES!!!

this does look great. way better then the OG. the face is more of an even skin tone then the teaser pics. l think everyone should be pleased. the mouth and stash area still looks wrong, but that's about it.

Awesome accessory too with the wheel.Makes me think...what other characters could they make to go with him?

Overall very impressive, but the coat looks way too baggy and oversized on him and is the wrong color, though more right than their first Jack, and the hat looks huge to his head, even more so than their first Jack. Otherwise he looks great and glad to see full wrist posability in his right hand. I see they must be redoing the alternate face since it's blurred out.

He looks a bit pissed off eh......Otherwise looks good. I haven't decided whether worth a purchase since I already own Jack. A much better likeness in theses pics than in the teaser. Curious the have end of 2Q release without the second face being complete. That is an agressive timeline IMO. Otherwise well done.

Awesome accessory too with the wheel.Makes me think...what other characters could they make to go with him?

Ian McShane Blackbeard is a must.

Overall very impressive, but the coat looks way too baggy and oversized on him and is the wrong color, though more right than their first Jack, and the hat looks huge to his head, even more so than their first Jack. Otherwise he looks great and glad to see full wrist posability in his right hand. I see they must be redoing the alternate face since it's blurred out.

really?, I guess it depends on which pic you judge? It's dark brown with a light brown lining.
20133210150147900472344.jpg

screen-capture-1-4.png

I think this is an amazing figure. But I still think the asian eyes are wrong. Definite buy for me though. :yess:

I'm happy it's a face change with this one and not a head swap - posing the orginal Jack with all his clothing and scabbard and dreads and what not just made it so hard - this way you won't have to re-futz everytime

Back