Who actually liked 95' Batman Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like/enjoy Batman Forever?

• yes

Votes: 192 53.9%
  • no

Votes: 164 46.1%

• Total voters

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
Who actually enjoyed batman forever? I'm not going to include Batman n Robin because that never happened, but to be honest, this movie was my favorite growing up and I found the movie to be alright and actually quite fun.

kilmer-as-batman.jpg

batman_forever_ver7.jpg

Last edited:
I liked it. It has just enough camp in it. Kilmer was a better Bruce Wayne and Batman than Keaton. Liked Odonell as Robin. The Two Face persona could have been better though. The Batmobile design sucked.

If twoface was a bit more serious it woulda added a much needed contrast between him and riddler making him a much cooler villain

Hated it, soley because of the villains. I thought Kilmer was excellent for the part, O'Donnell too, but Carrey and Jones made me want to vomit. Maybe, had there just been one absurdly over the top cheesetastic villain, I could have handled it, but the two of them was just to much for one movie. It was like two retarded kids hopped up on twinkies and cocoaine running around screaming "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" into a megaphone, all the while beating a snare drum and making fart noises with the arm pits. Also, the Batmobile design sucked.

but Carrey and Jones made me want to vomit. Maybe, had there just been one absurdly over the top cheesetastic villain, I could have handled it, but the two of them was just to much for one movie. It was like two retarded kids hopped up on twinkies and cocoaine running around screaming "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" into a megaphone, all the while beating a snare drum and making fart noises with the arm pits.

LoL!

Pat Hingle closely followed that. He got worse into the next film. I never knew he died from blood cancer in 2009.

Yep, I enjoyed this movie pretty much!
Good casting, great story and awesome visualization.

Unfortunately it's really weak as a Batmovie.

The Batmobile design sucked.

Yeh I absolutely don't understand all those Batman's vehicles from BF and B&R.
Coollooking lightsuping unusable _____.

The Two Face persona could have been better though.
If twoface was a bit more serious it woulda added a much needed contrast between him and riddler making him a much cooler villain
:lecture
As far as I love TLJ's crazy behavior... He was too pathetic as the TwoFace character.

I hated it. It just seemed like a reboot of the '60s Batman series to me (and I liked the '60s Batman campy-ness for what it was).

In that respect, I didn't think it was any different than the Burton ones, except that those had a weak pseuo-goth element with even less Batman than Forever had (because Kilmer was better than Keaton).

Two-Face was worse than Riddler, but they were both pretty bad. I could deal with Carrey though because it was what I expected from him. Kidman's Vicki Vale was good. I don't remember O'Donnell even being in it.

The only thing I can say for the Batmobile is that it was better than the one before it. I won't compare them to the Tumbler, as there's no contest. If I had to choose between them and their closest competition, I'd say that the one from the tv show blows them away.

I liked some of it. But I loved Returns so I was pretty pissed about the new approach. I thought Kilmer was weird in the role, but the whole thing was so weird it kinda worked. It was like a bizarre cartoon. Some good Carrey moments. If only B&R hadn't happened afterwards.

Hated it. Val Kilmer was a good Bruce Wayne, though.

I know a lot of you like the older movies for nostalgia's sake, but I always looked at them as making fun of Batman. The phony looking city, which I realize was the "style" they were going for. The horrible villains, Bane and Two-Face come to mind. I understand they didn't have the budget of movies these days, but I only associate the early Batman movies with disappointment.

what a horrible movie !!! the villians were so over the top bad that i can't remember kilmers performance . if im ever feeling down i may watch it again only so im reminded that life isn't as bad as this film.

I liked it. It wasn't the best...but it was not even close to Batman & Robin bad.

Like many of you have said, Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey were a little too over the top in the movie. This is coming from somebody who was a Carrey fan around that time and thought he'd be perfect for the Riddler role. I thought Tommy Lee Jones was a crappy Two Face and I didn't care much for the addition of Chris O'Donnell as Robin (although I was relieved knowing that he beat out Will Smith around the time for the role which would've been much worse).

There is a certain feeling of nostalgia about it though. The toys were just at the end of the time when I still played with my figures, also the U2 song.

Hated it, soley because of the villains. I thought Kilmer was excellent for the part, O'Donnell too, but Carrey and Jones made me want to vomit. Maybe, had there just been one absurdly over the top cheesetastic villain, I could have handled it, but the two of them was just to much for one movie. It was like two retarded kids hopped up on twinkies and cocoaine running around screaming "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" into a megaphone, all the while beating a snare drum and making fart noises with the arm pits. Also, the Batmobile design sucked.

All of the above. Ruined any chance of liking it for me.

I think Carrey could have been a great Joker, though. He could pull off the character a lot like the animated series version, easily. Maybe even better than Nicholson, to be quite honest.

Riddler and especially Two-Face should have had a more serious tone.

Back