DIMIC - a new blog covering all our interests

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I and I

Super Freak
Reaction score
We started a (new) blog: DIMIC.
If you're bored enough, please drop us a visit ;)

Bear in mind though, English is not our native language ;) so don't trash us :monkey3

If this isn't the appropriate place to put this, please let me know ;)

Kind regards
Ingis & Ikaryas

latest posts:

Ingway! Please, don’t use that secret magic! « DIMIC
velvet.jpg
Saying things like this always makes me wonder... Why not? Secret magic is always more fun, otherwise old grey dudes wouldn't make it 'secret' and a lot of movies, books and games would be downright boring. But that's not what this review is about. No, this review is about a wonderful PVC figure made by Yamato; Velvet from Odin Sphere!
----------------
Kingdom Hearts – Formation Arts Volume 3 « DIMIC
kh_fa_t3.jpg
And since all things must end sometime, it's time to conclude the Kingdom Hearts Formation Arts series by reviewing the last volume. So here it is, volume three. *thum thum thummmm*

Nervous yet?

Last edited:
update:
Handsome fighters never lose a battle. « DIMIC
vega.jpg
We only went to buy one statue from a fellow (now ex-) collector who lives quite nearby. And we came home with three... This is one of those times I have to confirm to myself that I'm, or we for that matter, are as mad as a hatter!
This is the oldest of the three we bought; Street Fighter Vega exclusive from Pop Culture Shock.

Last edited:
I want to steal you away… all of you. « DIMIC
morrigan.jpg
As you might know, Darkstalkers is one of my favorite fighting games. I just love the characters and the fighting system feels a lot better than Street Fighter for instance. Of course, that's a personal opinion. I do like some of the Street Fighter statues but personally, not a lot come near my Felicia. And finally, I now also have the first from that line! I'm talking about none other than Morrigan!

-------------------------

Watermelon! Jummmm « DIMIC
superhappytree.jpg
One of my favorite characters in the Mario universe has to be Yoshi. I love that green dinosaur and all his other colored friends. Or are they family? Don't know, but I love them! They're cute, they're fluffy and they can sing. What's not to like?

Last edited:
a lot of updates since the last post here... will try to keep it updated here as well :) from new to old:

Furuta Mario Choco Eggs Series 1-3 « DIMIC
mario_furuta.jpg
Before we started collecting 'large' statues, our main focus were PVC, plush and gashapons. One of our favorite series is the Super Mario line from Furuta. They're just so awesome!

Litll’ Vader « DIMIC
Star Wars commercial

Hey, did you hurt yourself? « DIMIC
christie.jpg
an Diego Comic Con started yesterday and holy moly, there are already pretty things announced. They're just jumping around for my attention. If you are reading this blog regularly, you'll know that we are really into games and everything around it. Something I love to do now and then is putting a good old fighter in a console and smash the buttons on the controller to lose from my girlfriend almost every single time. I know, frustrating, but I still haven't found a support group for this problem...

Quick, grab a bucket!! « DIMIC
Things just have a habit of getting leaked...

Next time, I suggest you try fighting back. « DIMIC
psylocke.jpg
First off, sorry for the lack of updates here on DIMIC. Ingis decided to take me on a surprise holiday to see my family and to visit a theme park. Didn't have any access to the Internet there, so no DIMIC posts... Anyhow, we're back and Sideshow surprised us with a new premium format reveal on SDCC!

Mission accomplished! I better inform the colonel… « DIMIC
cammy.jpg
I already told you that we only went to buy one statue from a fellow (ex) collector. Well, this was that statue... Strangely we arrived home with three. How did that happen? Ah well, I already talked about the Vega exclusive we bought so it's time for the next one; Cammy.

Don’t be such a guppy! « DIMIC
ariel.jpg
I loved watching Disney animation films when I was little. Heck, I still love to watch them. One of my first own videos was The Little Mermaid. Oh, how I loved that movie. Couldn't get enough of it! So, it's getting really hard to withstand the fantastic Electric Tiki line when I saw that they're going to release a statue from my favorite mermaid; Ariel!

All work and no play makes Kanako a dull girl « DIMIC
f4f.jpg
You probably already know that I like to question people and since the previous interview with Pop Culture Shock went really well I thought about interviewing another company. I thought long and hard and finally figured out which company/artist/person was next. This particular company also makes game related statues but no Capcom. They made the Sonics I already reviewed and a lot more that's on my to-do list. Of course, these will be reviewed after my last exam. Still have to do 2. Hence the fact that I haven't posted anything for a while. Bugger...
Anyhow, this time, it's First 4 Figures their turn!

Last edited:
And by nothing, I mean everything. « DIMIC
bishoujo.jpg
The whole thing that makes collecting bearable, and affordable, is being able to set boundaries on what you collect. Well, technically, setting them isn't the hard part. Keeping them in place is... We started out collecting games, then we started to buy game related merchandise like gashapons and PVCs. Then the premium formats entered our life, starting with Darth Talon (coming soon on DIMIC) and She-Hulk. So far, we succeeded in keeping those newest boundaries although with great effort. But Kotobukiya just made it harder again to keep them in place with their newest prototype pictures for the next in line of their Bishoujo's; Mystique.

A funky Tiki is all you need « DIMIC
electrictiki.jpg
And finally, the last interview that I've send found it's way back to me. This time I'm grilling a company that's fairly new on our radar. Read on if you want to know more about Electric Tiki Design!

I had a dream « DIMIC
And more Star Wars commercials! This time they're parodies on Windows 7 and they're kinda funny...

Keep the buckets coming!! « DIMIC
And another statue got leaked before its reveal, this time it was the Jessica Rabbit Premium Format. This one is also going on our 'keep-a-close-eye-on'-list, she looks gorgeous!

Must you keep left? « DIMIC
I found new Star Wars commercials, and they're funny! Listen to Darth Vader and Yoda giving directions... Or at least trying to. I'm betting that a lot of people would get confused listening to these 'directions'.

sorry for the double post but I just finished the review:

Keumaya – Pink Goat Daughter [NSFW] « DIMIC
pink_goat.jpg
I like sexy figures and one of my favorites are those from Keumaya. These figures take the detailed aspect so far that two of his figures have been banned on the Comiket toy fair in Japan. Yeah, I really like these figures even though I would never display them in the living room... Orrr maybe I would ^^

Warning
Rrrrreally not safe for work. Also not suitable for people under the age of 18. Not that you'd care, you'll probably click anyway. Just saying.

All right, if you live, you’re in. « DIMIC
bison.jpg
And finally, it's time to review our last Pop Culture Shock statue. If you've read my previous reviews, you'll already know how this one came into our possession. For those that do not know this already; we bought this one together with Vega and Cammy, both exclusives also, from a fellow ex-collector. Yeah, also exclusives! That's right. Now it's the time for our M. Bison SideShow Collectibles Exclusive!

Get over here! « DIMIC
scorpion_pre.jpg
Like I mentioned a while (almost 3 months) ago, Pop Culture Shock acquired a new license; Mortal Kombat. They also already announced their first MK statue which would be of Scorpion. Since he's one kick-ass character and all-time favorite of most people who ever played any of the Mortal Kombat games, he was wildly anticipated. And today he finally went in pre-order. So, get over here!

Darkness calls to darkness. It calls to you. « DIMIC
darth_talon.jpg
It used to be that way that Ingis and I didn't collect anything not game related. We did look at other kinds of statues and such, but we agreed on not deviating from the plan. I liked the Disney premium formats a lot and Ingis drooled over a green Marvel chick and a red one from Star Wars. When we finally agreed that we would buy other kind of statues (but to stick with the premium format ones), we jumped on the wait-list for the She-Hulk, ordered the Maleficent and hunted down both Evil Queen and Darth Talon! All exclusives. Of course.

Either you pay me or I flay you alive… with my mind. « DIMIC
intro.jpg
I love to play games, like you all know. I've played a lot of games and loved a lot of them but most of the time when the game ends, I really don't think about it anymore. But there are some games I played that will stay forever in my gamers heart. Some franchises you will never forget and really leave a deep impression when the credits are rolling over the screen. There are a few game from the last generation consoles who left that impression on me. Names? Well uh .. Bioshock 1, Gears of War, Alan Wake and, of course, Mass Effect 2. I never did play the first one. I know, shame on me.

Stop screamin’ like a girl at a Backstreet Boys concert! « DIMIC
gambit.jpg
One of the major downsides that comic reading brought us was that we started to get interested in various Marvel characters. At first, I didn't really like this statue. Well, I didn't disliked it but it wasn't on my wanted list. Then I started to read X-23 in which a certain Cajun also appeared. I started to like him. A lot. And then I started to stare at a certain statue. And that was a big mistake...

I _____ing hate war wasps. « DIMIC
samus_aran.jpg
One of the only companies that makes nice game statues is First 4 Figures. It's also one of my favorite companies. They made (and are making) excellent Zelda, Sonic and Metroid Prime statues. On of their earliest Metroid Prime statues was the sexy Samus Aran in her Zero Suit. That suit first appeared in the GBA game Metroid: Zero Mission where she was striped of her Power Suit. And I don't think many will find it a bad thing she was 'striped'...

Okay, Fire Sorcerer! Do your thing! « DIMIC
blackmagiciangirl.jpg
Every once in a while I can convince Ingis to buy something that isn't necessarily, totally, completely in agreement of our collecting boundaries. Technically, Yu-Gi-Oh isn't a game so normally, no Yu-Gi-Oh merchandise. One can argue though that, despite the fact it started as a card game, there are many games made of this wonderful TCG (Trading Card Game). So, technically, it's game merchandise what I bought. Jay me!

How about an unpolished vampire? « DIMIC
vampirella_pre.jpg
One of the only interesting product previews from Sideshow Collectibles on SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) was the Vampirella Premium Format. And finally, we've got the full review. And I saw it was goooooood!!!

Oh, on a side note... I know that Vampirella isn't a vampire (technically) but I like that sentence :D

Back