Bespin Luke: The Holy Grail of the SW 12" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I was never more into Luke (or any SW character) as a kid as seeing him go up against Vader on the big screen in 1980.

With the 12" version we can get the grey fatigues, classic ANH/ESB saber, another awesome gunbelt and blaster, and hopefully a Mark Hamill likeness equal to or greater than Jedi Luke.

Maybe even a backpack for Yoda as an exclusive (the severed Vader/Luke head would be nice but probably out as a possibility due to the PF).

For the expression I hope they give him either the grim determination when he first lights up against Vader or the "ready for action" look where he's pointing his gun at the camera like on the original action figure card.

I know they just did Dagobah Luke in Premium Format. I know we just got Jedi Luke as a 12". I know many want Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers, etc, first but I don't care. I still want them to do my favorite incarnation of my favorite character absolutely as soon as possible.

i agree a bespin luke would be great to have. but i just dont want over-saturation of one character. if a bespin luke is on the list for possibilites i hope he will be further down the line. for an exclusive item -- how about a severed limb??? it might be a little graphic but sideshow doesnt need to show blood and gore just a little stump. :rotfl

I would think that like Mace the severed limb would be standard. Keep in mind that another Luke would at the worst be a possible oversaturation for what, 6000 people? That still leaves A LOT of SW fans that are probably just now aware of the Sideshow line that still don't even have a 12" Luke yet (myself included.)

I don't mind waiting for them to fix arm length and whatever else the sculpt might need, but once they're ready I hope they bring him on.

And releasing another Luke isn't like releasing a second Kit Fisto in one year. Its flipping LUKE SKYWALKER we're talking here. If Bespin Luke came out next that's still only one Luke every nine figures. And I think its pretty safe to say he won't be next (Maul seems to be a lock.)

So at best it would be one Luke every ten figures. That would be acceptable for the most iconic hero of the saga. Bring him on! :chew

^^ good point. and i guess it could save some money for people that dont want doubles of one character. (i know bespin luke and jedi luke are different) i just want some more cool aliens like kit fisto to be made. i want my palpatine, dooku, and maul.

~~bring on Shaak Ti and Plo Kloon!!! :chew

A Bespin Luke would be great. Seeing that Empire is my favorite SW movie, I would love to have this version, but I think Sideshow made the right call releasing Jedi Luke first for a couple reasons:

-They wanted an iconic version of the character; most people tend to think of either the New Hope costume or Jedi, and ANH Luke already got a turn as a Premium Format.

-I think they wanted to avoid re-using accessories right away. Both ROTS Anakin and Bespin Luke would have the same lightsabers (Now if only SS would worry about accessory re-use that much with Buffy and Angel figs...)

I always wanted a good Jedi Luke figure. I was never happy with any version of him. Hasbro's first POTF offering was a disaster (too tall) and every subsequent one wasn't much better. Their 12" offerings were awful, the Medicom Luke was too costly, and by the time SS picked up the 12" license I'd all but given up hope. Their Jedi Luke is like a childhood dream come true.

I'll buy him when they make him, but it's gonna be awhile.

A Bespin Luke would be great. Seeing that Empire is my favorite SW movie, I would love to have this version, but I think Sideshow made the right call releasing Jedi Luke first for a couple reasons:

-They wanted an iconic version of the character; most people tend to think of either the New Hope costume or Jedi, and ANH Luke already got a turn as a Premium Format.

-I think they wanted to avoid re-using accessories right away. Both ROTS Anakin and Bespin Luke would have the same lightsabers, and he and Han would have the same blaster. (Now if only SS would worry about accessory re-use that much with Buffy and Angel figs...)

I always wanted a good Jedi Luke figure. I was never happy with any version of him. Hasbro's first POTF offering was a disaster (too tall) and every subsequent one wasn't much better. Their 12" offerings were awful, the Medicom Luke was too costly, and by the time SS picked up the 12" license I'd all but given up hope. Their Jedi Luke is like a childhood dream come true.

I'll buy him when they make him, but it's gonna be awhile.

Darth Loki said:
Word. Shaak Ti has a posse!
yes sir!!! as soon as i saw how great jedi master fisto looked the first thing that popped into my head: "what other crazy aliens could sideshow do??" i came up with 3 jedi - shaak ti, plo kloon, and ki adi mundi.

My all time favourite Luke!

I hope they don't decide to go with the 'Chipmunk Luke' face as a sculpt (for the uninitiated - right after Vader has just told him the news...)

Maybe as an exclusive.

This is my fav Luke and I wish SS had done him first, but right now I think the are plenty of SS Lukes to choose from so they dont need another one for a while, but when he does get here that will be a MUST have for me.....

kingdarkness03 said:
This is my fav Luke and I wish SS had done him first, but right now I think the are plenty of SS Lukes to choose from so they dont need another one for a while
Keep in mind that even if they do announce Bespin Luke immediately after the assumed Darth Maul announcement then that means that at the earliest we wouldn't be seeing him until January-March of 2007. That is definitely a while in my book and I hope they don't make us wait too much longer than that.

It would also be a nice kick-off to the 30th anniversary and like Jedi Luke he could be posed with Yoda and against Vader or Boba Fett (which can all come out immediately after Luke.) :D

After Jedi Luke the Bespin attire is probably my favorite and I'd love to see Sideshow release a 12" version at some point.

swiftlikessharpthings said:
-I think they wanted to avoid re-using accessories right away. Both ROTS Anakin and Bespin Luke would have the same lightsabers (Now if only SS would worry about accessory re-use that much with Buffy and Angel figs...)

Theoretically that should be the case, it is anything but in reality.

Luke is my favorite character so I can't wait for an ESB version.

If the cracked Vader helmet can't be the exclusive due to the PF version, I think the contraption he wears over his severed hand after he's rescued by the Falcon would be pretty cool.

Bespin Fatigues Luke is my all time favorite of all of Lukes uniforms. I hope it won't take sidshow long for them to make this figure.

rockit13 said:
Bespin Fatigues Luke is my all time favorite of all of Lukes uniforms. I hope it won't take sidshow long for them to make this figure.

:lol I doubt that very much. They probably would not be around doing it for a while. I think the best they can do is to just change his attire IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back