1/6 suspenders - Green diamonds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As requested, I looked for a way to make suspenders.

Here are my reference pics:

norm-4b86c65c9ad32-Dark+Knight%2C+The+%282008%29.jpeg

norm-4b86c6c235419-Dark+Knight,+The+(2008).jpeg

joker-suspenders.jpg

Heres what I plan to do:

The suspenders will be printed on a very soft but durable foil. Foil looks perfect from the frontbut might be a little thick (about 0.5 mm) for 1/6 suspenders. Therefore I will make one prototype before having printed the image on the foil, to check how it will look.
The ends (the clips) will be made of black foil and glued together. Stitching them wont be very durable. I am not sure about how to make the black rings yet. Maybe wire, but this would most likely hurt the general look.

37e610af-39a4-4323-885b-0ef340dfce64.gif

We will see. I will post my WIPs here, first proto will be finished around the weekend.

This is some real tough work, further it will be expensive. Printing one page of this foil will cost around 50 €. One experience I made from the socks, is that I throw away about the half of the pieces I did because they are not satisfying in terms of quality. When working with glue I expect it to be more. I am planning to get 10 full suspenders out of one page. I expect these to take at least 2 hours for each. So price wont be less than 25 $ but not more than 30 $. :monkey4

Is there still some interest despite the high price point??

Let me know, lets discuss. :)

Last edited:
Re: Movie accurate 1/6 Joker suspenders

Awesome stuff Chris, look forward to seeing them develop!

I may be interested in a set. :)

Very cool Chris! Can't wait to see the end result! And as usual....put me down buddy!

Chris, I'll pay you rest $5 when i pay for this suspenders.

Are you okay?..

Allright buddy. Sorry Im totally down because of flue. Yesterday and today were complete bedtime for me. Still sweating and fever, lucky me I have a good girl who is caring for me (you have to see her nurse outfit, but thats another story ;) )... Anyway, I hope to be a little fiter by Monday. Sorry for letting you all wait, was not my plan... :(

Man i wouldn't be surprised to see new custom gloved hands for the joker a this stage ,every other part of him is getting upgraded!

I'b be down for a set maybe:)

With accurate weaved stitching?

Allright buddy. Sorry Im totally down because of flue. Yesterday and today were complete bedtime for me. Still sweating and fever, lucky me I have a good girl who is caring for me (you have to see her nurse outfit, but thats another story ;) )... Anyway, I hope to be a little fiter by Monday. Sorry for letting you all wait, was not my plan... :(

Sorry to hear that, buddy.

Cheer up ! :)

Thx for the positive feedback guys. Want something to look? ;)

Just a material test. Final suspenders will be cut more accurate in width (of course). Let me know what you think of thikness and overall impression. Is it worth printing the pattern on this material? I would say "yes"... Lets discuss. :)

img3039k.jpg

img3040n.jpg

img3043d.jpg

Considdering the clips at the end, I will offer two variants:

1.) Movie accurate black leather

2.) Far better looking - to the shoes matching - brown leather. Cloth will be shown soon... (already have it in hand but forgot it at my parents home :slap )

those looks great king! out of curiosity though how will they be attached to the pants?

I have already some pieces on order that might work, but I still have to find out how the original suspenders work. Best would be if the 1/6 variant would work identical, but I honestly doubt that... We will see...

Back