1/6 Map Room Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaPaul

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on some of the floor pieces to create a 1/6 scale Map Room environment to go with Indy. I've always wanted a cool Map Room so here goes. Hopefully, I'll eventually be able to cast these in a sand colored resin and offer them to anybody who's interested. Depends on how much trouble that would be.

Anyway here's the first piece, the Well of Souls building.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Next up is the building where Belloq thought the Ark was. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Paul

WOW, that is very good work. The detail is amazing. How big do you think this is going to be overall? I am not sure I would take all of them because of space but I might take one or two for a cool display piece.

The whole Map Room would be pretty big probably an area around 16x20 inches. The length is due to some buildings in the front and to the left of the Well of Souls. The width is due to a good bit of buildings to the right. I'm going to divide it into 4 or 5 small sections, offered separately, so people can decide what would be good for them.

I'm also working on the tablet thing with the holes for the Staff of Ra, just the upper two thirds of it. Can't really finish that until I figure out how big to make the holes. It would be good to know the diameter of Hot Toys Staff of Ra. It would stink to get it wrong.

Thanks for all the comments.

Its made up of balsa wood throughout. Hopefully, I can get it cast in resin which should look pretty good.

For reference pics, I got a bunch of screen grabs from the film.

I tried to make 1 of the buildings out of fimo and realized it looked like something a toddler would make so i stopped. :lol

This is really great work and will be eager to see it grow.

That looks frackin' nuts. I'd love to get a cast if that's the road you go down.

Of course, then I'd need a Map Room Indy, but that's just sweatin' the small stuff.

Awesome, thanks for the comments. I'm checking into casting the Well of Souls building. I'll let everybody know when I hear back.

Back