My (mostly) Sideshow 1/4 scale Marvel & SW & custom cabinet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_D

Freakzoid
Reaction score
DSC07773.jpg

DSC07774.jpg

DSC07775.jpg

DSC07776.jpg

Been building my collection up for around 5 years now, first 1/4 piece I bought was the ANH Luke.
I originally started a solely collecting SW stuff and was a big GG bust collector but sold all my busts to fund the Marvel stuff.
I haven't really picked up anything new in over a year now but planning on trying to get a few new pieces this year.
I decided to build the cabinet when we moved house, its was built to measure to fit my collection, TV etc and took a total of 3 days to complete, each shelf has 3 layers of 2x2 inside which has then been covered in hardboard and painted.

Great Collection K_D, Excellent choices in your Display, I would be remiss if I didn't comment on your shelves, Very Very Cool.
BTW Welcome to the Show

Great collection, and awesome custom cabinet. What pieces are you thinking of picking up?

The custom is nice!! I need something like that to put my heavy 1/4!!!

I also have some Marvel canvas artwork in the room along with a 1:1 scale piece:

DSC06986800x600.jpg

DSC07003800x600.jpg

I made a Sideshow style base for my 1/4 scale Mace Windu today, I have a ROTS Obi-Wan and a ROTJ Emperor being delivered shortly and intend on modifying them slightly and giving them SSC style bases also.

DSC07794Medium.jpg

DSC07796Medium.jpg

DSC07808Medium.jpg

DSC07812Medium.jpg

IMO for a £20 piece ($35) I think these fit in quite well with the SSC PF range when posed well etc.

Great collection, and awesome custom cabinet. What pieces are you thinking of picking up?

Right now I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not happy with some of the item on my middle shelf above the T.V.
I don't want the Movie style Thing anymore as I have the Thing PF which is 100% better than this, I also don't want the Diamond Spiderman or the Hard Hero Dare Devil so eventually all of those 3 will go on eBay or something to go towards a new SSC purchase.

I've already ordered a couple more of the DSC 1/4 figures to add to my SW shelves which as stated earlier I'll be modding and giving SSC style bases. I'm hoping to have a top shelf of 5 PT 1/4's and then the next 2 would be OT 5 on each shelf. Right now theres not really any SW releases I don't have which I want to pick up other than the scout trooper but an option I'm considering for the middle shelf above the T.V. is the Scout trooper on speeder P.F.

I'd like to eventually have a shelf dedicated to X-Men which would most likely mean moving Ghost Rider and Black Spidey to the middle and Magnetto to there shelf, I'd like to pick up the new Rogue PF and Cyclops and possibly Gambit go on here.

I also quite like the Silver surfer and the 3 Spiderman comiquettes but don't know whether I'll be pick any of these up.

Back