Lopie's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOPIE

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATES
Page 02, Cantina Booth
Page 03, Repainted Sandtrooper with armor mods
Page 04, Custom Weequay unfinished and completed Bom Vimdin
Page 05, Battle Damage Capt. Rex and Custom Black Hole Trooper
Page 06, How to fix broken Hot Toy knees
Page 08, SS Gamorrean Guard repaint and unfinished Mace Windu
Page 10, 12, & 13, Zombie Trooper with severed arm and head
Page 15, Empire Flag and template
Page 17, Custom Clone Shadow Trooper
Page 18, Custom Gree platform stand
Page 19, Repainted Battle Droid Commander, IG-88 light MOD, and Cantina reference links
Page 20, Commander Bacara chest plate MOD
Page 21, "THE MAN CAVE"
Page 22, Custom Ponda Baba
Page 24, Weequay done with Vibro Ax
Page 31-32, Snowtrooper MOD

I just wanted to share some stuff I've done over the past few years, well some new and some old. Due to limited space I cant display my entire collection, so this will be away to share my obsession. And if anyone wants to post your stuff or leave comments your more than welcome to.

The first few pics are my newly redone Commander Thire. I did one last year but since Rex came out, I went and made a few casts of his armor, guns, holsters, for my Thire. I think it looks a lot better now.

100_0911.jpg

100_0913.jpg

100_0914.jpg

100_0918.jpg

100_0919.jpg
t

Last edited:
Re: Lopie's Custom Corner

:clap Nice work on Thire, Lopie! Those casts came out really well. I wonder how they look compared to the stuff Dorgs made?

Here are a few pics of my battle damage clone trooper and Obi. I painted the armor and Josh Smalls repainted the head.

100_0920.jpg

100_0921.jpg

100_0922.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0925.jpg

100_0926.jpg

Last edited:

:panic: OH NO! I might have to buy yet another EPII Clone, just so I can have a weathered one... I have 3 already! Just when I thought I'd satisfied my clone addiction.... :lol

That weathered clone looks really cool, very nice job! The armor just seems so much more real now. :clap

:clap Nice work on Thire, Lopie! Those casts came out really well. I wonder how they look compared to the stuff Dorgs made?

Anything Snow makes is top notch. I just wished he lived in the U.S. he would be someone I'd hang-out with and play dollies. I do use a pressure pot to cast stuff that way I don't have bubbles. If your going to cast a lot of stuff I would highly recommend getting one.

Anything Snow makes is top notch. I just wished he lived in the U.S. he would be someone I'd hang-out with and play dollies. I do use a pressure pot to cast stuff that way I don't have bubbles. If your going to cast a lot of stuff I would highly recommend getting one.

Yeah, I think we Yanks over here are going to have to kidnap Mark at some point and bring him over. Of course, it wouldn't be nice to his family, so we'd have to bring them, too. But then we'd need to get his collection over here too... :dunno

I just don't think there's a boat big enough for that... :lol

I may look into pressure pots sometime, thanks for the advice. I only cast things every once in a while, and don't have too much bubble-trouble... But I suppose a pressure pot would be useful to have.

:panic: OH NO! I might have to buy yet another EPII Clone, just so I can have a weathered one... I have 3 already! Just when I thought I'd satisfied my clone addiction.... :lol

That weathered clone looks really cool, very nice job! The armor just seems so much more real now. :clap

Thanks Bro I love the Clones too.
100_0929.jpg

Its amazing what you can do with some wire and hot glue.
"FORCE LIGHTING"

100_0958.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0960.jpg

Yeah, I think we Yanks over here are going to have to kidnap Mark at some point and bring him over. Of course, it wouldn't be nice to his family, so we'd have to bring them, too. But then we'd need to get his collection over here too... :dunno

I just don't think there's a boat big enough for that... :lol

I may look into pressure pots sometime, thanks for the advice. I only cast things every once in a while, and don't have too much bubble-trouble... But I suppose a pressure pot would be useful to have.

LOL, If we took him we could force him to build us a 1/6 Death Star and he would probably have it done in a week.

I tried to cast stuff without a pressure pot and everything look like crap. I even went to a seminar and still no luck. So to save my sanity and resin I just use it.

Great job on your Clones & Kenobi,Jason :clap
The weathering & extras you added look fantastic.

Cool too that to started your own little section.I'm in total agreement with you on creating your own thread to consolidate your projects.It is so much easier to check out any new updates or projects folks have going on than to search all through the back pages.I'll be sure to add your's to my frequently checked threads list.

I've been wanting to make some good ol' force lightning for my Emp ever since he 1st came out....but damn if I can't find blue hot glue anywhere!

LOL I used blue clothing dye, it works better then paint. Once you put the hot glue on the wire and you let it cool off you can give the lighting a dye bath.

LOL I used blue clothing dye, it works better then paint. Once you put the hot glue on the wire and you let it cool off you can give the lighting a dye bath.

No $h!+! I remember seeing assorted colors of hot glue sticks at a craft store some time back thinking-OOOOooo this would work.Of course passing them up at that time.Needless to say,I've been racking my brain ever since trying to find them again...just to find out there is another,easier accessable option:thud:

Oh man Lopie that is so coll I love it!! How did you stick the lightning to the hands glue??

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

I'll make and post a how to video this weekend, its the easiest way to show how to make the lighting. You cant glue the lighting to the fingertips they will fall off; I tried that already.

Great to see your work! That Force lightning is excellent! I think we're going to be seeing some more of that pop up around here now. :wink1:
I just love seeing all these Commanders.

I just finished my Mos Eisley Cantina booth here are a few pics. The Han head was painted by Josh Small. I changed the body to a truetype, gave the under shirt a dye bath, and put leather boots on him.

100_0976.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_0977.jpg

100_0983.jpg

100_0986.jpg

100_0987.jpg

I love my Hammerhead its one of the best figures SS has come out with. The only thing I did was make a blaster holster for him.

100_0989.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0993.jpg

100_0996.jpg

Incredible work Lopie, very awesome stuff here, I love Obi-Wan's tattered cape its a great touch, and the force lightning it ingenious!

Griff

Back