Drop the mud weathering on the Cobra Viper please!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Cobra Viper looks great, but the mud weathering looks out of place on him and when he will be on the shelf with the other clean Cobra figures. So please drop the weathering and save a few $$ doing so :wave

Viper2.jpg

Don't get rid of it. Maybe at the very least tone it down a tiny bit but keep it as a whole.

With all due respect . . . I concur.

The 12" version of the character is supposed to be based on/modeled on the original 3.75" character/figure.

To the best of my knowledge, NONE of the 3.75" VIPER variations from the 3.75" product line came with weathered boots.

I hope Sideshow will reconsider. The VIPER "as is" so far by far the best COBRA character from the 12" IMHO, but . . . please loose the weathering and go with the classic black boots look.

Well, to be fair they really didn't weather any of the 3 3/4 figures back in the day. These are blend of those and realish counterpart type mixes.

I'd like to see the mud removed as well. These guys aren't exactly dressed in green and brown camo for slogging around in the mud. They look like urban Stormtrooper-types or base invaders. Keep 'em clean.

My issue is uniformity to the other figures. If the others had weathering, then it would be more OK for this one.

Best of both worlds. Give us a pair of clean and weathered boots, Sideshow.

That way, we can have a squad of barrack Vipers making fun of another squad of dirty Vipers coming back from the field.

Don't get rid of it. Maybe at the very least tone it down a tiny bit but keep it as a whole.

Don't listen to this guy. He's just got a big head because Dusty has his likeness. :nana:

While I understand the "cool factor" in weathering, I'd rather have a figure that's consistent with the other figures already released. No weathering please.

Don't listen to this guy. He's just got a big head because Dusty has his likeness. :nana:

While I understand the "cool factor" in weathering, I'd rather have a figure that's consistent with the other figures already released. No weathering please.

Thats why I hope they listen to me. :lol

I'm not gonna be too bothered either about it. Which is why I think two sets is the best route.

I like the scratches on the helmet but the weathering on the boots is a bit of overkill. Cleaner black boots and a body without ratchet knees please.

...and please fix the red patches on the pants, they look strange when they aren't on the inside of the leg.

Doubt we will see another pair of boots with this guy. The weathering is a bit to heavy now that i look at it more closely. Might as well made his boots brown. If they dont change them grab a brush and paint them gloss black.....

Last edited:
Back