Star Trek's 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collector Freak

Super Freak
Reaction score
This year is the 40th anniversary of ST. Some companies are bringing out some cool swag just in time for the celebration. What's Sideshow doing? As I understand it, their license is still good...

Perhaps another 1/4 scale figure? :monkey3

My understanding is that licensing for Trek has become somewhat of a nightmare, but, that a 1:6 announcement may be forthcoming, yet probably not in time to be in hand in the 40th anniversary year.

I'm not much of a Trek fan these days, but I'd love to see a 1/4 Picard in his grey shirt/red jacket uniform.

I wholesaled off almost all of my early Star Trek stuff to buy my computer a couple of years ago. I still have some newer ones....".Nemesis," "Broken Bow" figures, etc. But the ONE item I will never part with is my glossy black and white photo of Shatner and Nimoy, personally autographed to me. THAT is definitely a KEEPER. I might get back into Trekkin' again though, if Sideshow came out with a 1/6 line of the Original Star Trek cast. I've bought and sold tons of ST stuff, but NOBODY does it better than Sideshow, for any figures out there! :D

Well put, Collector Freak! Treks may come, and Treks may go, but the original WAS and always WILL BE, THE STAR TREK!

Collector Freak said:
I said Star Trek! Not... that other stuff. :D

That's funny--I thought "That Other Stuff" was what TOS stood for! :D

My dad loves Kirk & Friends, but I have always preferred Picard. (Although I love the movies with the original cast.)

Collector Freak said:
I said Star Trek! Not... that other stuff. :D

I actually liked TNG, but I only collect TOS stuff.
Well, in that case I'll take 1/4 Clint Howard from The Corbomite Maneuver.

I would love for a star trek TOS 1:6 line. Oh, please tell me its true! :monkey5

I sold off my "Masterpiece Edition Captains" Kirk (with the book) a year or so ago. Still have my Masterpiece Picard, and I think with a new body and hands, it's probably unbeatable. Great sculpt of Patrick Stewart.

stickman said:
I would love for a star trek TOS 1:6 line. Oh, please tell me its true! :monkey5

I'll let you know if I hear anything more definite. There was a rumor of Sideshow having gotten the rights about a year ago but it wound up inaccurate, I believe due to said licensing nightmare. Now they may become a reality thru a different company, with some excellent likenesses!! :monkey5
Hey!! Do we have Trek smileys?? :borg doesn't count.

I like original Trek (I have the Playmates versions of Kirk & Spock)....but there are so many other possible liscenses out there for companies like SSC to do....and Star Trek has been done to death. I would prefer more new/never been done before liscenses.

Josette said:
I like original Trek (I have the Playmates versions of Kirk & Spock)....but there are so many other possible liscenses out there for companies like SSC to do....and Star Trek has been done to death. I would prefer more new/never been done before liscenses.

True they have been done before, but it would be nice to have them done right. Playmates gave us either 9" versions or 12" unposeable pieces that don't fit well in with real 1:6. Mego gave some nice 8" but their 12" centered around the wrong Trek incarnation. I think the time is right for some good looking, quality Trek 1:6 figures.

Ironman1188 said:
Now they may become a reality thru a different company, with some excellent likenesses!! :monkey5

You wouldn't be talking about Sci-Fi Metropolis would ya? Their prototypes look nice (though I read they were turned down for the 12" licence).

Ironman1188 said:
True they have been done before, but it would be nice to have them done right.

I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same stuff over & over again. Now that I've been given different (Buffy, X-Files, Dark Shadows, Battlestar Galactica, etc...), I hunger for more of that difference.

Darth Scourge said:
You wouldn't be talking about Sci-Fi Metropolis would ya? Their prototypes look nice (though I read they were turned down for the 12" licence).

I can't be more precise {yet} but I will pass along any info that I can as soon as I can. As for SFM's prototypes? Let's just say that they are some of the best Trek sculpts I have ever seen. I love my Kang:
MyCustom-StarTrekKang02.jpg

Their Bones and Spock/Mirror Spock are dead on. Kirk looks a little younger than I would personally like but is still very good. Scotty makes me want to find some 1:6 scotch.

Perhaps with the possibility of a new movie this license will take off again. Otherwise Star Trek is really in a down phase. Even the 40th anniversary isnt generating much interest. Personally would love to see the rest of TOS cast released as PF to go along with Kirk and Spock.

1/4 Locutus

He could even have the light-up feature like Predator.

tnglocutus03.jpg

tomandshell said:
That's funny--I thought "That Other Stuff" was what TOS stood for! :D

My dad loves Kirk & Friends, but I have always preferred Picard. (Although I love the movies with the original cast.)

I'd have to agree Tom... Picard was the one I grew up with and watched, so he's the captain who I cared about. Kirk and co will always be the icons,(and the ones with the most joke material) but I have to say I'm on the "Next Generation" side of the fence on this one.

I'd definetly buy a Picard 1/6th figure!:D

DarkArtist81 said:
I'd have to agree Tom... Picard was the one I grew up with and watched, so he's the captain who I cared about. Kirk and co will always be the icons,(and the ones with the most joke material) but I have to say I'm on the "Next Generation" side of the fence on this one.

I'd definetly buy a Picard 1/6th figure!:D

I agree 100%....I really liked The Next Generation and Pacard is THE captian for me....I would really like to have 1/6 Pacard.....

And a Locutus of Borg would be awesome in 1/4 Gruson...

Back