Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters Movie Tie-In

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nybxOfNPOTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I did - it's mostly a straight-up brawler. Very simple. I am enjoying it but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to any hardcore gamers.

Basically you walk through an area beating up Manhunters. After each small area you reach a GL symbol and you "fly" (uncontrolled) to another area. In the main missions you don't fly though you can do jumping attacks that keep you air born for a limited time.

The only real annoyance to me is the relatively small fighting areas. You can see a lot of action going on across OA but you basically hop from one small "island" to another, and only after you defeat all the enemies or accomplish a specific goal. There is no roaming of any kind.

I've come across one flying mission, which is on a track while you shoot projectiles at enemies.

Combat on the regular levels is fun due to the variety of constructs and the ease of the controls. As you earn points you can purchase new constructs and upgrades. You also assign the new constructs to your preferred buttons when you buy them, which I like.

There's not a huge variety of enemies. Manhunters, Manhunters that shoot, Manhunters that ride little ski-ship things, Manhunters with shields and the occasional big-ass Manhunter.

It's repetitive. But as a casual gamer and big GL fan I don't mind that too much.

Ryan Reynolds voices Hal but I think that's it for the movie cast. The voice actors are good, though. Your ring gives you instructions and info and Sinestro and Kilowog yell at you to hurry up via ring-radio.

It's your run-of-the-mill move game, I guess. The pros are a short learning curve and well animated, fun fights. The cons are a very simple story (Manhunters attack OA - get 'em!) and repetitive action (though, admittedly, I am only about an hour into it).

I looked for this at Target this morning and they had none. I got the only copy at my Gamestop because, they said, no one at all pre-ordered. I don't know if that means the production numbers will be low or just that it will be on clearance within a month. Just some food for thought.

:duff

I need to pick this up and give it a go. I dig these movie games even if they're simple they usually are worth the time.

I need to pick this up and give it a go. I dig these movie games even if they're simple they usually are worth the time.

I have a feeling this one will be fun, and so will the Captain America game. The Iron Man games were horrid though, and I haven't had a chance to check out Thor.

I have a feeling this one will be fun, and so will the Captain America game. The Iron Man games were horrid though, and I haven't had a chance to check out Thor.

I think both those will be as well. Iron Man 1 wasn't good at all with the controls being a real pain in the ass but part 2 was enjoyable really. Thor was pretty cool. Not mind blowing but I had a good time playing it.

man !! I think this is one of the best superhero video game made.

super hero games are never great but this is real fun.
the combination of all hes powers makes up for a fun exp.

the game looks amazing too.

anyone played it?

[ame="https://youtu.be/Osko13AiBIQ"]302 Found[/ame]

ohh man ! just got to fly in space and it was so impressive.

looking on multiple enemies as a jet.
wow so fun.

loving this game.

I can't tell if SOLIDSNAKE is trolling us, or if he really believes this, or if The Josh hacked SOLIDSNAKE's account.

Huh? :lol

Haven't played this yet. I'm sure its fun like most of these are but probably not earth shattering at the same time.

I've been recommending this game with reservations since I finished it but everyone I know who plays it is really happy with it.

I guess it helps that the history of movie games puts your expectations in the gutter but it IS a fun game.

I noticed the Wii version is only $40. Is it just a low-rez version of the PS3/360 game, or is it something different the way Thor and Ghostbusters were?

I noticed the Wii version is only $40. Is it just a low-rez version of the PS3/360 game, or is it something different the way Thor and Ghostbusters were?

I think it is different. Look at the cover art.

Also this game looks better than the movie was.

Back