What should be Sideshow's first Star Wars 1:6 figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

screamingmetal

I've been thinking of who should be the first figure from this new line. EU doesn't count here, we need something iconic from the Movies to kick start it.

Since Darth Vader, Clone and Stormtroopers are a ways off (And that is something I can live with) I was thinking a Alec Guinness version of Obi-Wan could be first. But there is something about this choice that seems wrong as the first figure of the series to me, I can't put my finger on what it is that I dislike about this choice.
Luke either on Tatooine or as a Jedi?
Or maybe a good Han Solo or Princess Leia?
Then there's the Prequel characters, Obi-Wan Ewan McGregor, Padme, Darth Maul, and Hayden Christensen Anakin all of which are popular right now.

Not playing favorites I think Obi-Wan Ewan McGregor from ROTS should be first.
He is a notable actor, that came off the screen well in most of his scenes (think of Hayden's Anakin in AOTC), and is a central action oriented character.
The second one made I think to be made should be Leia from ANH. a Central beloved character from the Original Trilogy, that has never been made well in a 1:6 scale action figure.

Those are just my thoughts, does anybody have any ideas on who should be first?

The first piece needs to make a big splash so I'm thinking OT and a main character - either good or bad.

I think it is going to be ROTS Ani, but I too hope that it is ROTS Obi!!!
I loved him in that! That is the quintessential Obi-Wan for me now!

too bad the first figure is gonna b from the expanded universe. i dont no about you but i dont really like the expanded uni. sideshow is supposed to have a poll up soon on the first figure they'll be makin but from the expanded uni. as for me I'd love to see a luke on Tantooine or as jedi, Alec guiness as Obi or Han solo.

The first figure IS NOT going to be from the expanded universe. They haven't even started the poll for that and as I understand it the first figures are already well under way.

re

There's no indication they'll be following the episodes in a particular order, so with that in mind I would like the first figure to be...Boba Fett (ESB)

Re: re

I also think the first piece will be Ep. III Ani. I can't wait for the 1/4 version of that! :drool

Re: re

Only a Star Wars fan of ROTS, and I think the first should be Yoda!
Even though I wouldnt buy any.

Strayed again, back to LOTR I go...

re

I also think the first piece will be Ep. III Ani.

I could live with that. At least we won't have to worry about it looking like that chunk poodoo Koto plan on releasing.

re

I hope its Boba Fett. He is a huge fan favorite and would kick off the new line well. His exclusive could include the other set of gauntlets (RotJ or ESB, whichever the regular doesn't have). Vader would also be a great choice, hopefully with a removable helm (exclusive version includes both versions of head: eyebrows and no eyebrows. Or the RotS head).

re

I'm hoping to get my Koto Boba's paintwork touched up using the Visual Dictionary's reference images. It'll look great when done.

Who's first?

Yeah, the first bunch of SW figures has already been decided and are in production, this is merely just speculation.
In order for Sideshow to make a Yoda, they need a radically new body. and that would take some time. Same goes for Boba Fett, Sideshow stated that the armored characters won't be coming for a while, they require a lot of work as evidence by how long Premium Vader took.

Re: Who's first?

I looked around and couldn't find where I read that but I'm sure Sideshow has stated that someplace. I think Chris might have said something to that effect but I'm not sure.

Just because the armored characters take longer doesn't mean they aren't already in the plans. Anybody know how long Sideshow has known they would be partnering up with Hasbro? For all we know they could even have a Vader and a few other characters near completion. :dunno

If it isn't going to be an armored character, I would guess Luke or Anakin. They are the "stars" of the sagas. Obi-Wan would be another good bet (young or old).

I hope Yoda makes Sideshow make different body sizes. We could get a lot more figures if a kid size body was made.

My guess would be Vader as the first figure since he's probably the most popular SW character ever.

Second choice would be ANH Luke or Han.

a new child body would rock, like ripley holding Newt in the alien nest:banana . I'd like Luke, han or old obi wan as the first character.
thanks for clearing that up im glad its not from the expanded universe although sideshow definately are putting a poll for fans to pick the first expanded character whenever they choose to make it.

It should be

The first figure should be a statement figure.
By this I mean that Sideshow is commited to high quality and innovation with the most lucrative Toy license ever. That said the first figure should be.................
Chewbacca
Tall(1/6th proportionate) and with real hair! Not Molded.
(Yay, rooted hair again)
Leather Bag, Bowcaster(accurate) and a for the exclusive his rifle from RotS.
But since the Star Wars saga is about at its heart Anakin,he'll probably be first in some form.

But at some point I want Darth Malak!
:rock :rock :rock :rock

Back