McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
It's official! Figures from both the comic AND show! You Daryl fans will get your fix!

https://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/10/...-dead-figures/

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=288&itemid=1687 9

In one the most creative action figure collaborations of 2011, McFarlane Toys announced today two separate deals concerning the licensing rights of “The Walking Dead.” The first is with AMC to create action figures based on the original series that premiered on the network in October of last year. The second is with Robert Kirkman to also create action figures based on the comic-book series created by him. This is the first time action figures have been produced and both lines are available to retailers this Fall.

“Kirkman has created a world that is macabre and suspenseful with deeply-drawn characters: both human and zombies,” said Todd McFarlane, McFarlane Toys, creative force and CEO. “Working with the creative talents of Kirkman and AMC, we have planned figures lines that authentically represent both the television and comic series – including mind-blowing details, likenesses and play action. We want to push the envelope so that the true essence of ‘The Walking Dead’ series is captured.”

The first series of deluxe 6-inch figures is releasing in September 2011, includes four fan-favorite characters from the Image comic book including:

THE WALKING DEAD Series 1
Officer Rick Grimes
Michonne
Zombie Lurker
Zombie Roamer

The second series of deluxe 6-inch figures is revealed in November 2011 and introduces four figures based on AMC’s original drama including:

THE WALKING DEAD Series 2
Deputy Rick Grimes
Daryl Dixon
Zombie Walker
Zombie Biter

Each human figure includes multiple interchangeable accessories and several points of articulation for limitless possibility and customization. Each zombie figure features unique, gory, play action such as exploding heads and removable limbs. Figures are expected to sell for around $14.99 at retailers nationwide.

“I simply cannot contain my excitement over working with McFarlane Toys,” said Robert Kirkman, creator of “The Walking Dead” comic-book series. “For nearly two decades McFarlane Toys have proven themselves to be leading the pack when it comes to making cool looking, innovative toys, and I'm thrilled that they're going to continue to do so with ‘The Walking Dead.”

Woot! Can't wait!!!

Meh, McFarlane lost their touch a long time ago. Nice to see figures from this great franchise but much rather prefer someone else to have gotten this license.

Yea, I'd rather McToys get this than anyone else in the 7" market right now. Their only real competition is NECA, and the production paint work over there has been extremely hit or miss.

I haven't bought a McFarlane figure in years, but I wouldn't mind a zombie or two.

:lecture:lecture:lecture If they turn out good, I might actually pick up a McFarlane figure post 90's. :lol

Definately! Since they've moved to 99.9% sports figures, I can't even remember the last time I bought a McFarlane figure. So this is welcome news indeed. And hopefully these do well enough that other companies will jump in on this.

Interchangable head shots is freaking awesome :lecture

Definately! Since they've moved to 99.9% sports figures, I can't even remember the last time I bought a McFarlane figure. So this is welcome news indeed. And hopefully these do well enough that other companies will jump in on this.

Interchangable head shots is freaking awesome :lecture

Big IF there though. A lot of McFarlane's stuff is crap. :lol

:dunno Can't we hope? Without hope what do we have? 6 inch figures!

If these "6 inch figures" fly off the shelves like water after a disaster, you can bet other companies will raise an eyebrow. Someone's gotta take the plunge first though. Better to be a $10 McFarlane figure than a $300 PF that rots on preorder like the new Mummy PF.

Last edited:
I didn't realize there were pics of the first two zombies. They look like generic zombies to me and not some of the memorable show specific ones, but they look decent regardless. The real test will be how Rick looks

EDIT: Oh, its the comic figures coming first, and then the show.

28 Hot Toys Later, McFarlane still sucks unless it's 18". And the 18" are only good because Neca never made certain ones, with the exception of one, their Krueger. Even though I don't know why they made him stare at the ground. :(

You know, if McF never existed, there would be no Sideshow, no NECA, and no Hot Toys....so i'm just saying, give respect, where respect is due.

You know, if McF never existed, there would be no Sideshow, no NECA, and no Hot Toys....so i'm just saying, give respect, where respect is due.

Thank you.

28 Hot Toys Later, McFarlane still sucks unless it's 18". And the 18" are only good because Neca never made certain ones, with the exception of one, their Krueger. Even though I don't know why they made him stare at the ground. :(

That Krueger is awesome. I appreciate McF. They have great collectables. They were the only other company that did Jaws, and they did it perfectly.

Back