Majestic Studios Reveals 12" Cylon SDCCon Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Kustomizer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought some of you might find this of interest, if not frustrating as well.

"By your command" - 1/6th scale Battle-Damaged Cylon Centurion.

As a pre-launch to their upcoming new 1/6th scale Battlestar Galactica series, Majestic Studios will release an exclusive Battle-Damaged Cylon Centurion.

Pulled from the hit SciFi Channel TV series, the figure will measure a towering 13 1/2" tall and come packaged with a metallic-look base covered with the robotic parts and head of a fallen Cylon comrade at his feet.

“This will not be just a repaint of our regular version Cylon,” says Majestic CEO Rick Phares. “It has a completely different head sculpt, which shows just what a few blaster hits can do to a Cylon head. But, since the blasts did not hit the 'brains,' he just keeps attacking.”

The regular version Cylon, as well as the con exclusive, will feature interchangeable forearms that can be switched to the Cylon’s trademark turret guns. The most prominent facial feature, the red laser beam eye movement, will be accomplished using a lenticular process covered by an outside clear grooved lens. This process will allow eye movement without the headache of constantly changing batteries for an installed light.

“It is made up of hand poured polyresin, hard plastic ABS and soft plastic PVC. While we did have the benefit of the exact computer design from special effect company ZOIC, every piece of our figure needed to be engineered from scratch since there are obviously no user’s guide or manual for Cylon movement.”

Phares continued, “To keep the original design and likeness intact, we utilized limited articulation. The moveable areas will be the shoulders, elbows, wrist, hips, knees and waist.”

Limited to 400 numbered pieces, the Battle-Damaged Cylon Centurion will be available on a first come, first served basis, as follows: 100 will be available on Preview Night of the con (July 19), the balance will go on sale beginning at opening the next day with none held back, until they are gone.

A small pre-release quantity (300 pieces) of the regular version Cylon Centurion will be sold in the same manner. The full release of the Cylon (SRP $59.95) and the 12” Captain Lee Adama “Apollo” (SRP $44.95) figure will take place through comic book and collectible stores at the beginning of August.

The Cylon looks pretty neat, but I'm not worried about getting this one.

I plan to collect the new BSG line though. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to start collecting them as they come out, or wait & see if they do my favorite character first (Adama)....because if they don't, I know I won't keep up with the line.

Only 400? Sounds pretty cool though, and no likeness to worry about with this one. Gonna have to get him.

I would have preferred a mass market talking Cylon from the classic series. Of course, I'd still like to see how Boomer and Athena look. :(

ONLY 400!?!?!?!

:google :google :google GEEZ!!!!:google :google :google

Well, I'm not going to hold my breath on this one. I'll try to get one, but I think my chances are mighty low. :monkey2 :monkey2:monkey2

Ironman1188 said:
Of course, I'd still like to see how Boomer and Athena look. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I'm getting anxious to hear about Dark Shadow's second series of figures. I think (or hope, I should say), that they will be on display at the Con in July. And I would think Boomer & Athena would be too. I don't think we'll hear anything about either of them until then.

It doesn't surprise me that Majestic's Con exclusive is from the new BSG, given that they just announced the line and that the first series of figs will be released shortly after...even though I would've rather had a DS exclusive, of course. ;)

Protozaius - I'm sort of relieved that I don't have to worry about getting one....400....ouch.

Honestly, I don't think the number 400 should really put anyone off. There will be so many of them on E-Bay the day they go on sale and the days after the show that getting would should not run you all that much more due to the glut on E-Bay that will occur.

Now down the road in a few months, that might be a problem if you really want one.

I think the demand for figures from the new BSG maybe bigger than what Majestic anticipates. It maybe a mistake to use the sales of their vintage BSG as a gauge of interest. This license might be their bid to the big time. Is it too late to increase the edition size, guys? :confused:

And by the description, the figure will have a SERIOUS cool factor as well. Once they post pictures of the exclusive, the demand will no doubt increase.

Then it will be all over. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Battle Damaged CYLON...

cylon.jpg

Batty: Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I hope we see pics of the Cylon and Capt. Lee Adama by the time SDCC wraps up. Hope they've improved the quality since their Classic BG figures looked a little Hasbroesque, although the Cylons looked pretty cool.

Their Dark Shadows and Phibes figures are excellent, so I think these will be good.

I am curious about their female figures though (as I am with any company, for some reason, I'm usually less impressed with female characters on average). The new BSG has so many important female characters.

Josette said:
Their Dark Shadows and Phibes figures are excellent, so I think these will be good.

I am curious about their female figures though (as I am with any company, for some reason, I'm usually less impressed with female characters on average). The new BSG has so many important female characters.

Appreciate the feedback Josette. That bodes well for their BG line.

Good points on the fem figs too. Won't be too good if Starbuck and Boomer aren't up to par.

I wonder how many they will do....I'm assuming out of the female characters they will eventually release Boomer, Six, Starbuck, and Roslin because they're all so central to the show. The no brainers for the men I would think are Apollo (done), Adama, & Baltar.

I really hope the women are good, but the men seem to turn out better to me most of the time.

I'm also excited and nervous about the second set of DS figures because I expect one of them to be a female character, if not both. DS also had its share of women main characters.

Nice..... Still waiting to hear about new DS figures, but that Cylon looks pretty good. They increased the edition size from 400 to 500 on the exclusive.

Interesting to hear about the website update next month....maybe they'll have some blurb about DS then.

Great News about the increased edition size!!!

I just might get one after all!!! :chew :chew :chew

Back