What are the chances of a Hot Toys Nolan-verse Ra's Al Ghul?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking at my Hot Toys Batman collection, the glaring hole in it is clearly the absence of Ra's. What do you the likelihood of HT going back and releasing him sometime in the future? Maybe when TDKR fervor is at its peak? I mean, assuming they do figures for Catwoman and Bane, he will be the only (main) villain in Nolan's trilogy they've neglected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ra's Al Ghul....

That's if HT even decide to do TDKR. Because I heard they aren't going to do it.

That's if HT even decide to do TDKR. Because I heard they aren't going to do it.

That was a joke from Snake Eater, and everyone seemed to think he was serious:slap

HT have not announced the line but everyone expects them to do it.

Regarding Ra's, I guess it's possible they could revisit him (noone expected them to do a Scarecrow/demon set now did they?) - but I wouldn't hold my breath. In the meantime, custom Ra's FTW!

Hot toys just can't miss tdkr! There is so much money to make with this line!

If you want a Ra's, a custom's going to be your best bet. I've got two Neeson Ra's al Ghuls (one in a ninja training outfit, one in the birthday party scene outfit), and I'm working on a Watanabe decoy Ra's al Ghul (with the fancy red ninja robes).

They finally gave us Scarecrow, but that was a limited exclusive, not a wide release figure. And Scarecrow was always much more likely than Ra's (aside from rights issues, Scarecrow is also visually much more interesting and unique, which is what Hot Toys is interested in making).

Not saying it won't happen - I'd like it to. But the possibility seems remote, and only becomes more so as time passes.

I wouldn't rule it out. They said they intend to do an Oldman Gordon figure. So why not a Ra's?

I think we'd be more likely to get him in Ninja gear.

I agree that we'd more likely get ninja gear Ra's if HT were to do him.
I wouldn't complain though, that would be exactly the look from the film I would want:
pics004.jpg

^ THIS HT PLEASE! :D
They can't say that that wouldn't be a visually appealing figure!

Considering the lack of accessories that it'd include, they could throw in the two main outfits. The one from the end of the movie, with the little mask, stick and sword. And the ninja outfit, which would look stunning. Plus im sure plenty of people would buy two so they could display both, and use the extra ninja suit to bash a ninja bruce. Win win. And big bucks for hot toys.

All that said, sadly, i'd be surprised if they made it. Pleasantly so though. I remember the interview where hot toys confirmed they were planning a gary oldman gordon. And still no sign of that. Fingers crossed they might go back and do it. You never know.

This would have been a much better choice to complement Scarecrow, and would have moved sets more quickly than Demon Batman I think. So, my guess is there is a likeness rights issue that keeps Hot Toys from easily releasing this guy, similar to Gary Oldman Jim Gordon (and probably accounting for no extra Crane head sculpt for Scarecrow).

BUT, there is a chance he shows up in a major way in the next Bat-film. And if so, the chances of getting a Ra's figure go way up.

I don't see why HT wouldn't pursue this line. Like others have said the Batman line has been a real big money maker for HT I don't know why they wouldn't.

This would have been a much better choice to complement Scarecrow, and would have moved sets more quickly than Demon Batman I think.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Honestly,HT has so many licenses coming that I'd rather just see the stuff that's coming out,(Superman,B89,Captain America)

Here's a little something I just cooked up this evening! :D

Hot Toys MMS Ra's Al Ghul 1/6 Scale Collector Figure!
HTRasAlGhul.jpg

Hope it gets HT's attention, I may even post it on their FB page if there's a chance it could help get it made lol

Last edited:
Honestly before seeing the Scarecrow/Demon Batman set I would have said never but all bets are off. I will say that I believe that if they do a Ras it'll be a two pack with Bruce in Ninja gear with some kind of exclusive but that they most likely won't release it in a standard MMS capacity.

Back