Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollandX

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'd love a way to raise my Detolf up by say 10-12". Has anyone tried to raise theirs? Maybe with a wood cube or something...

Thanks

not a dedicated raiser but here is what I did
livingroom2t.jpg

I plan on getting some "feet" to screw in and raise it up about 5 inches. The case shakes when it lays flat on the floor where I have it so I need to minimize that.

@Geil That looks cool. Thanks for posting.

@Wor-Gar please let us know how that turns out with pics. I might be interested in doing that.

Anyone else? :)

Last edited:
Ok I went on a Google trip today and found lots of examples of people who have raised their Detolfs. Here are my findings thus far...

Group Displays

Apparently 3 Detolfs fit on the IKEA Lack TV stand. The good news is that by buying an IKEA product, the color wood will match your Detolf perfectly. The bad news is that as you can see, the Lack is starting to bow in the middle. As the original poster said, "I added some reinforcement!! This pic is old."

According to IKEA, the Lack can support weight up to 143lb/65kg. Three Detolfs total 267lb/121.2kg plus what's inside.

I love the fact the Lack is only $49.99 and I love the fact the wood color will match the Detolfs. My only grumbles are 1.) I wish it held four Detolfs, not three. 2.) No matter if he held three or four, I wish it was sized to fit them better 3.) I'd be scared that I wasn't reinforcing it properly and they would all come crashing down.

If you like military memorabilia, check out this link. He has a cool collection. As for the Detolf risers, he apparently had a custom bookcase built to perfectly fit 4 Detolfs. Total cost? $400 for materials plus $500 for labor. Ouch. Looks awesome, but way out of my ballpark.

This one looks great. The wood matches the Detolf close enough, and it just about perfectly fits 4. I wish I knew where he got it from, and if it comes in a darker color as I have the black-brown Detolfs.

Another custom case, this one perfectly sized to fit two Detolfs across and DVD storage high.

Last, but certainly not least. My absolute favorite of the group displays from what I found. It's a custom riser that fits 4 Detolfs perfectly, and pretty much matches the wood as far as I can tell. The best part to me are the drawers. I could hide extra clothes, accessories, and heads in there. Argh, I want this.

Single Displays

This is the only example I could find of risers on a per case basis, and they look awesome! They fit the Detolf, they look sturdy, and the wood color matches! These are the property of Paul Kaiju from an event he did in NYC in 2008. I don't know where he got them from. He actually has a blog I found. https://paulkaiju.com/blog/ Maybe one of you is brave enough to post on his blog and ask him? I want these. I wonder if they could act as a drawer or cabinet, or if by hollowing them out you lose all stability...

Last edited:
I built my own platform for 4 detolfs. It raises them about 9 inches which is a huge improvement.

865a31a6.jpg

8642006e.jpg

It should be easy enough to build single risers if you're comfortable with tools. I think I might have put a total of $40 bucks in materials.

I went to a kitchen cabinet place and asked how much for basically one cabinet @ the exact dimensions, with a door in the front and a shelf inside. They qouted me for $240! I think I'll have to try to make some myself. I would love for it to raise the bottom shelf 15 inches.

Thanks, you have not seen it yet? This is an old shot and I am still in the process of cleaning it up but next time for sure I wont take a photo while watching CNN. PPl will think I watch Al Jazeer (cant remember the correct name) and Iamanutjob :lol

As for building raiser better plan for a solid box due to the weight of the detolf+whatever you may have in there!!

Great thread and something I might consider if I could figure out where to put my Xbox and accessories.

Bookmarking to see what else you guys come up with.

Thanks for all the pics and research thus far!

This one looks great. The wood matches the Detolf close enough, and it just about perfectly fits 4. I wish I knew where he got it from, and if it comes in a darker color as I have the black-brown Detolfs.

If you were referring to the pic above that statement, he used EXPEDIT it looks like. You can find that one here, and it's available in most of the IKEA colors, along with different sizes...

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116274

:slap Never thought about raising my Detolfs. That's a great idea since it bugs me that my figures displayed on the bottom almost seem hidden not being near eye level. Good ideas presented so far.

Thanks, you have not seen it yet? This is an old shot and I am still in the process of cleaning it up but next time for sure I wont take a photo while watching CNN. PPl will think I watch Al Jazeer (cant remember the correct name) and Iamanutjob :lol

It looks familiar, but I don't remember seeing the detolfs raised. Perhaps I just didn't notice. :dunno

198138563-O.jpg

Is this a coffee table that IKEA sells? And is it my imagination or is it sagging a little in this pic?

I think he mentioned that the owner added some structure for support now but detolfs are heavy, gotto plan this well

I hope to buy 2 detolfs this week. And I really want to rais them.

Only limitation is that I can't be wider than 3 feet and a couple inches.

Anyone know what this guy's using?

o931wj.jpg

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/66688

[Edit] Just noticed that it says this is a custom made riser. :(

Re: Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?Wou

Whats the best way to lift the detolf up onto he raised item? I most likely will be doing this alone and they are heavy. Any suggestions would help. I was thinking about removing the door the lessen the weight along with the glass shelves inside then lifting it up by pulling on the top piece of wood but wasn't sure if this would cause a problem.

Back