Thundercats - Large Scale Figures From Mezco!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
lion_o_mega_scale_mezco.jpg

Up for preorder at BBTS for $35.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MEZ10630&mode=retail

Mezco Mega-Scale ThunderCats™ Lion-O
ThunderCats Ho!
Straight from the ThunderCats’ Lair on Third Earth, it’s Lion-O and the legendary mystic Sword of Omens.
This mega-scale figure measures over 20 inches tall from the tip of his upraised, extended sword to the soles of his Thunderian boots.
Featuring 7 points of articulation this mega figure is superbly detailed, perfectly capturing not only the iconic look of Lion-O as he appeared in the classic television series, but the essence, of Lion-O as he proudly raises the mystic Sword of Omens towards the heavens and roars out “Thundercats, Ho!” He comes complete with his impressive Claw Shield and a removable mystic Sword Of Omens.
Lion-O is packaged in a collector friendly window box that allows him to be displayed while remaining Mint In Box.

Re: Thundercats - Large Scale Lion-O Figure From Mezco!

that looks great, but 7 points of articulation is very disappointing.

For the price point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rotocast too. I mean, I think it's a really fun piece as long as people aren't expecting too much. It's nice the Bandai Classics is coming, but I'm betting the paint here will blow those away... if not the sculpting.

Ha!!
Looks closer to Lion-O than the PCS one!!
:lol!!

Didn't expect Mezco to land the TC license...
If only they did 8" figures instead!! :pray:

'tis a great year for TC fans!! :yess:

For the price point, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rotocast too. I mean, I think it's a really fun piece as long as people aren't expecting too much. It's nice the Bandai Classics is coming, but I'm betting the paint here will blow those away... if not the sculpting.

Totally agree here, with Mezco doing it. Most likely it will be like there other "big" figures at least half of it was rotocast or glorified shampoo bottle if you will.

If they do a Mumra or other bad guys then we'll talk.

Mezco used to be the best....what the eff....

Price is quite good for this... but would make more sense to either not have articulation or make a more articulated version. 7 points (one of which is a distracting mid-forearm cut joint) doesn't make a lot of sense.

I do like that they appear to be making a more faithful rendition of the original series.

I agree , paint , sculpt great , articulation poor.....

pretty awesome. just bring on all the cast and this will be the line to collect since it is around the cost of a motu classics figure.

Looking at this again, it seems that the shoulders might be ball jointed. I guess that way you can either have the arm up or down for display. Still kind of odd looking, but I could see it looking okay among a group of figures.

It does seem that the figure won't really look right unless he's holding his sword aloft.

I really like it.

And I think the right arm would look fine in a down position. :dunno

The vintage Kenner 12-inch Boba had ball jointed shoulders and he looks fine with his arms down.

boba%2Bfett%2B4.jpg

Not my photo. But I did just get mine in the mail yesterday. :yess:

EDIT: Ooooo, I just noticed Boba needs to do some manscaping. :lol

EDIT 2: Oh, wait. That's the wookiee scalp.

i saw the figure in person at the new york toy fair and took some pics. as disappointed as i am in the lack of articulation, this thing kicks all kinds of ass. such a great sculpt. very cartoon accurate with awesome paint. i will definitely pick one up.

The sculpt and paint on this one is really awesome (never really had many issues with Mezco). I’m not crazy about articulation since I don’t play with the figures anyway, the more articulation there is the more it looks like a “toy”. I really hope they make others in this scale!!! That would be seriously awesome.

Back