Who else is addicted to "Storage Wars," "Pawn Stars," and "American Pickers?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
Who else is addicted to "Storage Wars," "Pawn Stars," and "American Pickers?"

Just started watching these shows, probably close to my favorite shows on TV right now. You learn so much, and for a collector such as myself, it's like crack, I can't get enough.

Re: Who else is addicted to "Storage Wars," "Pawn Stars," and "American Pickers?"

I like Storage wars , and Pawn Stars , i watch them when i flick through the channels , you are right , they are addicting , and usually theres one on after the other is over :hi5: Great shows

Re: Who else is addicted to "Storage Wars," "Pawn Stars," and "American Pickers?"

Pawn Stars=:rock

American Pickers= Well they're gay :monkey3

I like Pawn Stars and American Pickers but ____ all the personalities are annoying as hell in both shows, maybe with one exception, the bald guy from Pawn Stars.

Old Man = whatca say?
Fat ass #1 = tool
Fat ass #2 (chum i think) = major tool.

Frank = um
Mike = needs to simmer down.

Watch them for the history aspect.

I'll watch them in passing once in awhile. I'm not addicted to them or anything. I think I like American Pickers of all of them.

I like Antique Roadshow.

I like them, but they feel like they are getting more staged with every episode.

I'll watch them if they're on, but not addicted. The guys on Storage Wars come off as creepy to me.

My wife has Storage Wars on right now. Some guy just bought a large stash of vintage MEGO figs carded. The figures and blister cards were individually sealed in acrylic boxes. The local comic shop estimated the value of the lot at $14k, he paid $1.7k

The guys on Storage Wars come off as creepy to me.

:lecture agreed

The guys on Storage Wars come off as creepy to me.

I like the younger dude and his mostly hot wife, and the cool old collector hippie guy.

I could do without the greedy scheisty character, or the beer bellied hillbilly, but they still bring something to the show in their own way. The hillbilly always seems to get mostly good stuff, the younger guy and his wife strike out a lot it seems.

One episode they found a crap load of sealed toys in boxes, spiderman and hulk figures from sometime around 70's (maybe earlier) valued around $5-7k each. I think the total value on locker was over $30k on a $1-2k locker.

I bet it's the same as watching a fishing/hunting show. All the crappy stuff is edited out and you're only shown the good stuff, not the flops, which there is bound to be some of.

Never watched them but seems similar to Auction Hunters.

never watched storage wars. i watch a lot of American Pickers and Pawn Stars but i think i've seen most of them so i don't really watch them unless they are new.

and a lot of it is staged. Chumlee didn't seem so dumb in the earlier episodes of the show. they obviously want him to be the village idiot.

American Pickers is great cuz you can find those places around here easily. i'm waiting for the day when i see someone i know from this community on that show. lots of farms around here loaded with old junk.

Re: old junk

That's the thing about American Pickers. I guess I'm not an antiques person. I like my stuff to be free of rust and dirt.

I'm addicted to cocaine and hookers.

Pawn stars is awesome! i'm almost through all the seasons. :rock

haven't seen storage wars, I watch pawn stars sometimes & I don't like american pickers

I like them, but they feel like they are getting more staged with every episode.

Agreed... I think Pawn Stars have a lot of interesting stuff, but the staging (especially anything with the old guy or half wit) are just painful. Its a show best enjoyed on the DVR where you can skip 1/2 of it.

I really do like American Pickers, it has the same issues... but doesn't feel like its trying as hard to get laughs. And I enjoy the idea of digging through junk a bit more than a pawn shop.

I watch these on occasion. I don't really like American Pickers as much ... the tall guy's a bit of a schmuck. I like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars a lot better.

Saw a new one last night .... "Sons of Guns", about a gunsmith/ customizer on the Discovery Channel. Not exactly along the same lines ... but it had sort-of the same feel. The owner reminded me a bit of the bald guy from Pawn Stars, and he has a small crew of cusomizers ... came off like a cross between Pawn Stars and Mythbusters.

The two episodes I saw last night were about the creation of (1) a sound-suppressed shotgun for a hunter (which appeared to work remarkably well), and (2) a "Master Key" that was a blend of an M-16 and a shotgun (shotgun was attached like a grenade launcher would be) for SWAT Teams that need blast doors and breach without delaying to switch weapons.

They also shoot off random weapons for amusement. Played around with a grenade launcher and a civil war cannon in the two episodes I saw.

SnakeDoc

My wife has Storage Wars on right now. Some guy just bought a large stash of vintage MEGO figs carded. The figures and blister cards were individually sealed in acrylic boxes. The local comic shop estimated the value of the lot at $14k, he paid $1.7k

:lecture agreed

people on the mego forums said that was fake and some of the members knew the guy who actually owns that collection

what idiot would leave high priced mego,in acrylic cases for that matter,in a storage place?

These shows,while entertaining,are definitely staged at times

people on the mego forums said that was fake and some of the members knew the guy who actually owns that collection

what idiot would leave high priced mego,in acrylic cases for that matter,in a storage place?

These shows,while entertaining,are definitely staged at times

Interesting, but not at all surprising.

A LOT of these 'reality' shows feel highly scripted. I've seen enough Billy the Exterminator to question how a one camera show is capturing both sides of a 'spontanious' phone call. 'Cake Boss' always feels fake (and poorly acted for that matter).

On the other hand I think American Choppers was staged for a long time and the fighting has become real.

Back