Does anyone own a 1:6 Triumph Bonneville?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maglor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wookster has a great thread about the model kit at OSW:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/83089-1-6-newray-triumph-bonnevilles-cheap-uk.html

My question is:

Is the model kit identical to the assembled bikes?

Model kit: https://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GENUINE-TRIUMPH-BONNEVILLE-T120-1-6-MODEL-KIT-/140500413536?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item20b67a2c60#ht_500wt_922

bonnemodel1.jpg

Assembled: https://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RAY-TRIUMPH-BONNEVILLE-1-6-BLACK-RED-SILVER-/150540489844?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item230ce99474#ht_1844wt_976

new-ray-1969-triumph-bonneville-1-6-diecast-motorcycle_250742105857.jpg

I plan to do a repaint, so the kit would be nice, but the assembled bike is cheaper, and I've already spent quite a bit on this project.

If they are identical, then I would know that I could take the assembled bike apart where needed to make repainting easier.

You're the guy I want to talk to then!

Does it have screws that would allow you to remove the wheels, and other parts?

Same question for you then:

Can you take the assembled one apart?

You're the guy I want to talk to then!

Does it have screws that would allow you to remove the wheels, and other parts?

Yes, the assembled one is put together with screws. I am not certain how much you can disassemble it, but it does seem that you can take lots of parts off.

Sean

Isnt the one on the bottom the New Ray one?

I wish someone would do a Triumph T bird. I was able to modify one from a 1960s Indian but It's still not a dead ringer fr the T bird..

picture103a.png

Isnt the one on the bottom the New Ray one?

I wish someone would do a Triumph T bird. I was able to modify one from a 1960s Indian but It's still not a dead ringer fr the T bird..

picture103a.png

Great modification man!!
I own a 1:1 scale Triumph Thunderbird and I'd love to have a 1/6th version too. Maybe I'll get a Bonneville and modify it as you did with the Indian...

A word on the New Ray, don't overpay on whatever you get. It's definitely gong to look a little cheap, like a toy, don't send over 25 bucks. weatheirng the tires and pipes etc or repainting it helps a lot.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm watching one that's opened and is pretty cheap right now.

Wookster's pics look nice though. :dunno

However, I'm totally repainting everything about it, so it shouldn't matter. Just as long as it's easy to take apart.

Well I ordered one. The open one I was watching going up in price, and the auction doesn't close for a couple days. Just did a Buy It Now for $22.99 ($35.99 shipped). And I feel good about the purchase.

I'll post pics when I get it. And again after I modify it.

Thanks for the help. :peace

This is not at all what I had originally planned, but I'm happy with this. :)

P1130537.jpg

Now to do some repainting/weathering to the bike...

Great pose of Dean on the bike Maglor.

Bike looks allright to be, scale is correct and that is always a plus.

Ever considered changing the T-shirt with one without turtle neck?

Thanks. :)

The pose and the futzing need quite a bit of work, which will help the turtle neck look I think. :)

But yeah, I would consider replacing the shirt if I can't get it looking better.

The shirt is will be a nice update ;-)

My Dean is now on the Hans Landa body, because they almost have the same height.
Maybe another thing to think about...

Looks like you are someone who is going to get the full effect possible on the figures :)

He originally came on a Standard True Type. I have him on a Narrow Shoulder True Type, and I'm very pleased with the display. As far as I can tell, Hans Landa is on a Narrow TT.

hanparts5.jpg

Any thoughts on where I can find a white T with a better scale fabric?

Maglor, don't know what to recommend for the T-shirt, but I am sure there are some good ones to find on eBay.

Yes, the Hans Landa body came with the narrow shoulders, but also the legs were a little shorter.

On imdb it is told James Dean was 5'8" and Chistopher Waltz 5' 8½"
So the body swap could make it look better in proportion.

Ah, I see. I wouldn't want to go any shorter. As it is, he has a little trouble getting his boots on the ground when he's on the bike. :D

Back