Batman Begins OC Custom Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydeous

Apprentice
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a movie accurate one, ever since I saw the side teaser from Adam's joker pics.

Tried to contact Adam even till today, but still have yet to hear from him regarding his OC sculpt:pray:. So I thought I might give it a try as well, rather than not being able to sleep and think bout it, might as well do something bout it :lol

My first attempt at sculpting here, so my main reason in posting and making a thread here is to get feedbacks and pointers from you guys!

Ive just bought some supersculpey firm (since I think thats the best one?) and tried sculpting it the other day with the limited resources I have (still have yet to get a better pic of the bat cowl, especially the eyes area).

P1060114.jpg

P1060113.jpg

P1060112.jpg

P1060111.jpg

size compared to the HT version:

P1060118.jpg

P1060117.jpg

P1060116.jpg

P1060115.jpg

Did some more practice on drawing the eyes, and also the scale. Also did some progress with the eyes a bit yesterday:

P1060131.jpg

P1060130.jpg

P1060129.jpg

P1060128.jpg

P1060127.jpg

:lol, kinda feel a bit down and lost here now actually:panic:

Have a few questions right now, which I hope someone could help me out:

what do I use to smoothen the cowl? do I bake the sculpt first and sand it to smoothen it? or is it actually possible to smoothen the sculpt up?

and still needing some clear shots of the cowl, especially the eyes part, if anyone could help, Id really appreciate it :1-1:

:lol, kinda feel a bit down and lost here now actually:panic:

Have a few questions right now, which I hope someone could help me out:

what do I use to smoothen the cowl? do I bake the sculpt first and sand it to smoothen it? or is it actually possible to smoothen the sculpt up?

and still needing some clear shots of the cowl, especially the eyes part, if anyone could help, Id really appreciate it :1-1:

looking good especially for your first go at sculpting!

from personal experience, I didn't like sculpey. too firm even for the soft kind and just couldn't get it smooth

I use FIMO. and that I can get smooth, just using regular $2 tool pack like this:

https://ooakartistemporium.com/images/PolymerClayTools/FimoSculptingTools-1a.jpg

and they get the job done pretty well. I mostly use the one on the right with the top end of it. I use my finger tips and that tool to smooth and shape. also use a crafting knife like and Exacto knife to make crisp smooth cuts for eyes and other areas, or when there's too much.

don't bake it before you're done! or mostly done at least. the head in my profile pic was baked 2 times. it has hair now but haven't gotten around to taking pics. anywhoo, I'd say bake when you feel like nothing will mess up in the oven, i.e. it will come out the way you put it in. no tipping over (has happened 2 me 3 times and on the 4th i've learned my lesson) or anything else to cause an area to be pressed on it's side or something to flatten it out. I had only the front and sides of the head/hair done and then baked but not for the full time nor full temperature and laid it flat on the back of the head. then finished the rest and sat it upright while baking.

I know I'm not the best at sculpting, but I've sculpted my fair share so if you have any questions, I will be happy to try and answer them as well as I can. I hope anything I've said can be of use. Don't give up! I almost did, but the guys on the board are great in times of need!

Last edited:
Great progress, dont stop, if you want to smoothen it out, you can brush turpenoid onto the supersculpey, but be careful not to use too much because with my experience it makes it mushy.

thanks for the feedbacks and comments guys, appreciate that :1-1:

just googled turpenoid, kuato, and it say that its a brush cleaner?

I also bought the "studio by sculpey" satin glaze and the glossy glaze. Would that work?

and anybody has used Translucent Liquid Sculpey yet?

looking good especially for your first go at sculpting!

from personal experience, I didn't like sculpey. too firm even for the soft kind and just couldn't get it smooth

I use FIMO. and that I can get smooth, just using regular $2 tool pack like this:

https://ooakartistemporium.com/images/PolymerClayTools/FimoSculptingTools-1a.jpg

and they get the job done pretty well. I mostly use the one on the right with the top end of it. I use my finger tips and that tool to smooth and shape. also use a crafting knife like and Exacto knife to make crisp smooth cuts for eyes and other areas, or when there's too much.

don't bake it before you're done! or mostly done at least. the head in my profile pic was baked 2 times. it has hair now but haven't gotten around to taking pics. anywhoo, I'd say bake when you feel like nothing will mess up in the oven, i.e. it will come out the way you put it in. no tipping over (has happened 2 me 3 times and on the 4th i've learned my lesson) or anything else to cause an area to be pressed on it's side or something to flatten it out. I had only the front and sides of the head/hair done and then baked but not for the full time nor full temperature and laid it flat on the back of the head. then finished the rest and sat it upright while baking.

I know I'm not the best at sculpting, but I've sculpted my fair share so if you have any questions, I will be happy to try and answer them as well as I can. I hope anything I've said can be of use. Don't give up! I almost did, but the guys on the board are great in times of need!

yeah, sculpey is kinda hard and firm like texture. I use this to soften it up:

33218-1003-2-2ww-m.jpg

also bought a set of dental tools already, but havent used any yet :slap

I end up using my fingers and the knitting tool most of the time. :lol

Looking great so far bud.

Your sketch work is superb also. Neck could do with being thicker to me.

Hey Tim :wave

thanks for the comps man, I know how high your standard is, so coming from you I really appreciate that :1-1:

yeah, I'm gonna thicken the neck up, Im just a bit hesitant with the thickness of the neck actually lol

Yes I was not sure if those were sketches or some kind of blue prints of the actual cowl you got a hold of! But now that I realize they're sketches, damn. KILLER.

On the smoothing Sculpy point, a small brush dipped in either mineral turps (turpenoid) or that Sculpy softener you pictured will smooth out any final small scratches or fingerprints, but you will need to get it 95% there with either your fingers or the sculpting tools.

hahahhaa..mike terjun ke dunai per-sculptingan juga...nice touch up...

hey bro :wave

On the smoothing Sculpy point, a small brush dipped in either mineral turps (turpenoid) or that Sculpy softener you pictured will smooth out any final small scratches or fingerprints, but you will need to get it 95% there with either your fingers or the sculpting tools.

the advice I need :yess:

I will try it out when I get to 95% completion!

how bout the texturing of human skin?

thanks bud :clap

I dunno, I just sculpt as I go :panic::lol

youve got to be kidding me mate :rotfl but thanks though. I'll send you one for free if I managed to finish this up :wave

The back looks reallyawesome man. keep going at it and it'll look boss.

Back