Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Link to the waitlisted Exclusive:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2001951&ref=conhome&affiliate=dstephan

To buy Regular:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200195&ref=search&&200195&affiliate=dstephan

No, there is no new information to share :(, but seeing as folks are using the Boromir LSB thread to discuss the maquette, perhaps it is time for the maquette to have it's own thread. :wink1: The conceptual drawing, and SS's confirmation that we will see more of Boromir shortly [from the Jan. 11th 'Ask Sideshow' segment]....will have to do for now.

BoromirConcept1.png

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011

Question : I think your creative team should really be commended in the way they have approached the new LOTR maquette line. Obviously a lot of thought and consideration has gone into the execution of this line! We can’t wait to see what’s next after first 6 or so that we’ve seen in progress – any hints? Or even more photos of Arwen, Gimli & Boromir would be appreciated! – AND – Has Sideshow decided which characters will be produced as part of a “second wave” of LOTR statues? And if so, do they include any of the following characters: Faramir, Eomer, Denethor,or Haldir? And whichever characters are in the planning stage? I think I can speak for all LOTR fans when I say none of us will be upset should you decide to post more conceptual drawings for us to drool over!

Answer : Major, major thanks. We’ll share your feedback with all involved! You’ll see more of Arwen and Gimli soon, and Boromir shortly after. Faramir and Eomer have been designed (and they look great). Denethor and Haldir will wait for further down the road. We’ll see about sharing more of the design work with you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Boromir Maquette

Yes, one of my Favs from the trilogy. The Boromir maquette will be fantastic & and a definate buy for me! The Gondorian armor looks amazing, I wonder if Faramir will be in armor or ranger attire. Boromir rules!

Glad they are doing this in the Gondorian armor, that way hopefully, it leaves the door open for the FOTR costume for a PF.

Yes, one of my Favs from the trilogy. The Boromir maquette will be fantastic & and a definate buy for me! The Gondorian armor looks amazing, I wonder if Faramir will be in armor or ranger attire. Boromir rules!

We know Boromir will be in Gondorian armour, but I'd be shocked to see Faramir in anything other than his Ranger attire. Faramir never had the heart of a warrior and I just can't see SS's "ultimate" version of him in battle gear.

Glad they are doing this in the Gondorian armor, that way hopefully, it leaves the door open for the FOTR costume for a PF.

I'm pretty sure SS is thinking the exact same thing. :lecture

Anybody want to hazard a guess that the exclusive is going to be a second arm with the horn of Gondor?

I don't even care about any exclusive item. If it's anywhere near on par with what we've seen so far, I'm sold. An exclusive would just be icing on the cake. But if I had to guess, I'd say the Horn of Gondor would be a safe bet.

And here I got all excited when I read the title of this thread. :mad:

God I wish they'd do a Boromir PF.

Anybody want to hazard a guess that the exclusive is going to be a second arm with the horn of Gondor?

It was that very discussion by superdoug and bill59 [in the LSB thread :wink1:] that prompted me to start this thread. The horn of Gondor is certainly a possibility as the maquettes are not scene specific, but since Boromir is the only maquette where SS has not even hinted at an excl. I tend to believe it's because there won't be one....

And here I got all excited when I read the title of this thread. :mad:

God I wish they'd do a Boromir PF.

You'll have plenty to be excited about when your Morgul Lord PF arrives. :lecture

Will be quite cool to see this scene come to life. A different yet awesome look at this character that we haven't seen before. As we talked about before I'm thinking maybe switch out parts to recreate the EE scenes.

Also in reference to Faramir. I agree it will be in Ranger gear as well. I was thinking about this just the other day when we saw it mentioned in the Q&A. He really wasn't shown in his armor long and that really don't fit the character. Plus you have the fact I don't think they would want to have both brothers in the same get up. The only other thing I could think of was him in his outfit from the end sequence from ROTK as Elessar is crowned.

:eek: I believe this is perhaps the moment where I "eat some crow" as it appears the horn of Gondor is indeed present in the Osgiliath scene. I guess that ends speculation as to a horn of Gondor excl.....:wink1:

BoromirTTT1.jpg

BoromirTTT8.jpg

BoromirTTT10.jpg

Last edited:

Well, I'm not sure the horn will be the Ex. Why? Because you have the strap going across his chest as it goes to lay on his hip. They would have to not sculpt that for it to be an Ex. Thats as I know to not do but when he wasn't using it the horn lay at his side with strap going across the chest. Thats why I'm sticking with say switch out arm and head.

The Maqeutte shows what looks to be the rope for the horn across his chest too. Maybe an arm raised up rather than down at his side? The Gandalf exclusive is more simple like this, just a change in pose.

This is going to be awesome. Thanks for posting the picture Woodsy.

My pleasure! :duff

The Maqeutte shows what looks to be the rope for the horn across his chest too. Maybe an arm raised up rather than down at his side? The Gandalf exclusive is more simple like this, just a change in pose.

No doubt the switch-out left arm of the Gandalf excl. alters the pose somewhat, but I believe the main purpose of the Gandalf excl. was to provide his alternate staff [with crystal]. The addition of that section of Osgiliath wall in the background makes this the most elaborate maquette base to date, and I am highly doubtful we will see any Boromir excl. That said, I certainly won't be too upset should SS provide one.....:wink1:

Hopefully Sideshow will also make a Denethor maquette (and Faramir of course). Would make a nice scene.

Back