What other 12" lines do you want to see from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent23

21st Century Breakdown
Reaction score
I didn't see any recent threads for this kinda topic. So, I decided to start a thread. I just got my first 12" figure the other day: jedi-Luke Skywalker and I really like it. I have the rest of the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings on order and plan to also get the Terminator T-800 and both Scarface figures.

But, I got thinking of what other lines I'd like to see Sideshow do, and I came up with:

24 - Jack Bauer (at least)
LOST
Seinfeld (at least Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer. But, they could do LOTS of different characters: Soup Nazi, Newman, etc.)

Indiana Jones
Back to the Future (Marty and the Doc would be sweet)
The Wizard of Oz
The Goonies
Famous Athletes (Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, etc.)
The Matrix
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Crow
The Godfather

So, what lines are you guys hoping for?

The only 12" line that would make me say "HOLY ****" is DUNE (1984). While there are lots of lines I would collect, thats the one I would drool over. And of course RAIDERS.

Dream licence for me :FIGHT CLUB !!!!!!

- Tyler Durden- red leather jacket, red glasses, a cigarette and a beer
- The Narrator -in tie and bloody shirt ( Ed Norton)
- Bob with the giant boobs (Meat Loaf)
- Marla Singer- gothic with the stoned eyes
- Angel face -the blond guy who gets his face smashed by Norton and
becomes literraly a grotesque monster...

OR ANY NEW MOVIE MANIACS IN THE MODERN HORROR LINE......

Mad Max, or the road warrior as he might be known. A Tina Turner 1/6 figure would be cool with wild rooted hair. Some have mentioned they would only be interested in Max, but there are even more potential candidates if sales supported it.

A line of presidents. I've settled for Toy Presidents Jefferson and Jackson (being my two favorites and they weren't horrible, but most I can't consider!) and I might get Benny Franklin. I would just really love to see sideshow do this line. I doubt they'd make every president, but if they did I'd buy each one!

I'm still waiting for the Blade Runner line that will never happen. I think Indy and Mad Max would be my other big choices. I know there was a line of 6" Mad Max figures a few years ago. What happened to that license and why hasn't anyone picked it up?

Kurt Russell should have his own line of figures. Big Trouble, The Thing, Escape From New York, Used Cars, Captain Ron, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and on and on.

Batty said:
Kurt Russell should have his own line of figures. Big Trouble, The Thing, Escape From New York, Used Cars, Captain Ron, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and on and on.

What about Tombstone? Stargate? Tango and Cash? Backdraft? Vanilla Sky? Miracle? Soldier? Breakdown? Executive Decision? This line could go on for a long time!

overboard.jpg

1. Prison Break
2. Smallville
3. Lords of Illusion
4. Narnia
5. and..... but not the least.....12 Angry Men.

:chew (don't stop chewie)

Yea, Shai. I could definitley see myself buying Fight Club as well, cool choice.

Lots of good ideas here. Escape from New York is pretty cool too, "Snake Pliskin".

:snake

Batty said:
I'm still waiting for the Blade Runner line that will never happen. I think Indy and Mad Max would be my other big choices. I know there was a line of 6" Mad Max figures a few years ago. What happened to that license and why hasn't anyone picked it up?

It was executed pretty poorly, and the performance of that line may well have discouraged others who wonder whether it was the execution or lack of interest in the property, which is pretty old.

The first wave of figures were cartoony, and the Max figure looked like Billy Baldwin. The second wave moved more toward realism and had a resculpted Max that was much better but still didn't particularly look like Mel Gibson, but it seems it was too late. The only way I ever saw the second wave at retail was in a comic book store, shrink-wrapped together, the whole lot for about $120. I don't think they ever released the car they'd announced, which was to be scaled to the 6" figures.

Let's not even talk about the lone 1:6 figure. I think the prototype pictures were enough to kill any orders. I've never seen it offered, not even on eBay.

Incidentally, hulkfan did a very nice Max custom head a few years ago. He passed it along to someone who was going to make some castings. I was in touch with that guy -- forget his name now -- but it never came to pass. I think he was shrinking the head to get it to 1:6 or something. Andy wasn't crazy about the sculpt, but I think plenty of us here would have loved it.

I'd be very interested in a Mad Max figure, either 1:6 or PF, though probably not an entire line. I also like agent0028's idea of a line of famous Americans. I'd like FDR, Ben Franklin, and Nathan Hale.

Mad Max would be a definite must. I'd also love figures from:
Conan the Barbarian
Time Bandits
Goonies (at least Sloth)
Keaton Batman, and Reeves Superman
And figures of Shaft, Superfly and Blacula
I know there are a lot more, but this could be a good start!

1-Shaun of the Dead
2-Indiana Jones
3-Blade Runner
4-Deadwood
5-Clint Eastwood (Western Stuff, mostly Unforgiven)
And yeah Fight club would kick arse!

I would take any of 'em:D

Back