If I have a license...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prop Sculptor

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Who could enlighten me about pitching the product to Sideshow in terms of distribution?

I think, generally, they would pursue you if they were interested. Try giving them a call. I'm not sure if 1-800-474-3746 is a general purpose number, or if it's specifically just for customer service, but they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm only pointing this out because you're new, but please make note that this forum is not officially run by Sideshow, so any answers you get here will be unofficial.

Last edited:
I am in negotiations about a particular license, waiting to hear back on the revised draft that we've sent back, and my rep told me, when I asked about large-scale distribution, to contact Sideshow and Diamond - I think was the name of the other figure distributor, in regards to the base of collectors they appeal to.

I've got distribution here in Florida, as well as LA, CA and NY. I have a few shops in Europe and Australia as well, but nothing near the numbers I'd need to justify purchasing a license, paying for manufacturing and/or paying a percentage to a distributor.

Does Sideshow even work with middle men? I could see if it was for one of their grail licenses like Eastwood, etc, or like they do with Hasbro (G.I. Joe & Star Wars), but other, smaller stuff... :dunno

Does Sideshow even work with middle men? I could see if it was for one of their grail licenses like Eastwood, etc, or like they do with Hasbro (G.I. Joe & Star Wars), but other, smaller stuff... :dunno

I think the key word is "distribute". They're probably open to distribute just about anything.

I am in negotiations about a particular license, waiting to hear back on the revised draft that we've sent back, and my rep told me, when I asked about large-scale distribution, to contact Sideshow and Diamond - I think was the name of the other figure distributor, in regards to the base of collectors they appeal to.

I've got distribution here in Florida, as well as LA, CA and NY. I have a few shops in Europe and Australia as well, but nothing near the numbers I'd need to justify purchasing a license, paying for manufacturing and/or paying a percentage to a distributor.
--

HMMM . . .

That sounds awfully familiar like some replica . . . it has an executive aura for some reason.

OH, WELL . . . whatever the license . . . good luck.

Yea, and that's why I wanted to know if there was anyone here who's worked with Sideshow on a distribution level before. Some people have told me they will work on an order basis, direct ship, and 3.223 other options, along with wanting a percentage p/figure, a fixed percentage on an order, or just give them the master and then they'd build it for 60% over all -

Everyone has something different to say... Soooooo...

Id thought I'd come here and, yea, ask if anyone knew anything on the inside :)

Back