Medicom Fullmetal Alchemist - Re Release?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read anything official as to the re-release of the FMA figures, but it wouldn't be the first time Medicom has re-issued a line of popular figures. They did it with the Metal Gear Solid 2 Snake figures.

That is odd... I haven't heard anything and neither Hobby Search, Hobby Link Japan or Ami Ami have them listed. I wonder if they just found a source of stock for the old ones? The company that originally imported them went out of business, so maybe they had a stockpile somewhere... at one point, they were selling them for about $50 to $60 on eBay; that is how I got my second set.

That is odd... I haven't heard anything and neither Hobby Search, Hobby Link Japan or Ami Ami have them listed. I wonder if they just found a source of stock for the old ones? The company that originally imported them went out of business, so maybe they had a stockpile somewhere... at one point, they were selling them for about $50 to $60 on eBay; that is how I got my second set.

WOW, really?! Sheesh Ida loved a pair for that price.

Could be they're looking to take advantage of the publicity for the new FMA Brotherhood movie coming out in the summer...

Wow! What a find for you! I have a hard enough time finding them for under $300.00

Wish I had your luck, for $50 or $60, I would not hesitate to buy them.

well its true actually. There in stock and mine has shipped.

Guess there is a new Ed figure. I prefer the original one better. But hopefully this means new figures down the line.

More pictures here:

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31082&extra=page=1

20110323_ba169435b4cad6040205iLMnVlQqQOq2.jpg

I like it! The eyes look more detailed and intense than the original and the auto-mail looks more metallic too. Bring on Winry, another Mustang, Hawkeye, Scar and a couple Homunculi.

I may get this one, and swap my old one to it. I'm deathly afraid of him breaking, and this new one is probably on one of their reportedly sturdier bodies.

This new Edward figure looks like it's based on the character from the recent FMA Brotherhood anime, which adhered closer to the original manga's art style and story than the anime from 2006.

Not too big of a fan of the clothes, kinda look a bit too big, however if they make a Roy based off the new series its an instant purchase! However I figure if these two dont sell well, then no other characters.

researched a bit more and found out this is actually based on the new FMA movie (summer 2011)

here is a trailer found on youtube

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KOq4KSEe9Rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope we see a new al. I got the rereleased Edward Elric and it's awesome so I hope I see more

Just saw this!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had Al and Ed when they were first released (and were dirt cheap for a bit). The scale always bugged me though... great looking figures, but when just about any 1/6 figure will tower above an armored Al you have a problem.

I might pick up the Al if he goes on sale, but I highly doubt I will bother with Edward just because I think that price is still way too high considering how much smaller he is going to be when compared with other figures. Half the size and not half the price? Amazing.

Also I hope they do more characters this time around. We need a Scar and Armstrong. I imagine Roy is guaranteed, but those two should definitely get in as well.

Back