Would you buy Ramirez if he didn't look like Connery?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since SSC couldn't obtain Connery's likeness rights for a Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez figure, would you still buy one if they decided to release one with a only a vague likeness? I know I would if only for the amazing costume.

Batty said:
Well, they didn't exactly get the Clancy Brown likeness down. So, why not?

Yeah, ...they missed Kurgan(although I really like the figure & I'am not knocking it) so I think I would pick one up...but I would MUCH rather have an origins Kurgan.......

GIVE ME ORIGINS KURGAN NOW DAMNIT!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. The head is actually relatively easy (or so I believe) and worst case I'd be prepared to pay for someone to sculpt one and replace it. Unfortunately I can't find anything even remotely like the costume.

Perhaps even do a "costume" sans figure altogether! or just with one of the Art figures.

Robot Chicken had a Mego-ized Ramirez on this week's episode as he trained Lindsey Lohan for the quickening of teen idols.

Darklord Dave said:
Robot Chicken had a Mego-ized Ramirez on this week's episode as he trained Lindsey Lohan for the quickening of teen idols.

"Is this really how Highlander ended?"

To answer the topic question; my take on this is (A) if the likeness was very similar, and (B) if it had a great costume, yes I would buy it.

What's this Dragon head you're talking about and what does it look like?

*Never mind, I followe the links you guys provided and saw for myself. Thanks

Last edited:
Sideshow could produce a figure with the outfit sans the hat and cape. Add a helmet, a map and and spear and call him "Hernán Cortés" or "Juan Ponce de León". stick him in the 'Live by the Sword' line and sit back.

Yes, but as I said masny times lets get figures beyond the first movie, there is a world of highlander to explore.

I guess I would, but it would depend on how un-Connery like the figure is. If it is almost completely unrecognizable as the character, then I would probably pass.

noelleon69 said:
any highlander nerd/geek can tell me why is Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez's name seemingly so long? :rolleyes:
I suppose because the guy who wrote the script wanted it that long.

WTF can't SS get rights to Connery's likeness for Ramirez?! don't tell me Connery's blocking them? if so, he looses lots of respect points w/ me (which i'm sure will eat away at him).

anyway, yes i'd buy it for that complex ass costume and make my own Ramirez. i was just looking for good refernce pics 2 days ago. plenty of Connery 1/6 sculpts out there (hence my shock at SS not getting rights to it. they have Bond. must be different fatcat license holders)

Some films get merchandise likeness rights from all the actors in the contract with the actor. That's how they can do Connery as Bond.

Highlander was an independent film and I imagine they considered themselves very lucky to get Connery at all and didn't even try to get merchandise likeness rights. To go to Connery at this point and ask for Highlander likeness rights would most likely be cost prohibitive (I surmise).

Probably not. What Made Ramirez a great character was Connery. The costuming would be amazing but without Connery's likeness it would be an unfinished figure IMO. One question though, let's assume that SST makes an Indiana Jones based line, would they be able to produce a Connery likeness for that possible figure from the Last Crusade? :confused:

Back