Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dansdinosaurs

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow's 2011 calendar has apparently heralded the unveiling of the latest Dinosauria statue, Stegosaurus (with baby).

img05470.jpg

Credit to Mighty for spotting this. :slap Hopefully we'll have an official unveiling soon with more info.

I'm excited to see full pics, but I would have preferred it to be on all fours instead of rearing up. (I know that probably sounds dirty)

Jorge promised it would be awesome and it looks very good...I think the head issue is due to the angle..but I guess we'll see.

The Stego has been mentioned to be quite large..it's a Diorama...but I can imagine with the plates and all it will be bigger than the Styrac.

..and do the calendar months reflect the release date ? If so this coming September then ?

I don't think so. A September release would be nice though. I'm just ready to preorder this bad boy since it doesn't look like I'll be getting any more rewards points to use toward in the near future.

Jorge promised it would be awesome and it looks very good...I think the head issue is due to the angle..but I guess we'll see.

The Stego has been mentioned to be quite large..it's a Diorama...but I can imagine with the plates and all it will be bigger than the Styrac.

..and do the calendar months reflect the release date ? If so this coming September then ?

Nope. Its a Maquette. And the calendar dates don't reflect release dates either.

So, what's the difference between a maquette and a dio? I thought it'd be considered a dio since it has two dinos in it...

Nope. Its a Maquette. And the calendar dates don't reflect release dates either.

We were told by the sculptor and guys in charge of Dinosauria at Sideshow it would be a Diorama...featuring an adult Stegosaurus and one or more juveniles. It was said it would HUGE and would easily be the center piece of our Dinosauria collections unless that changed since last month when I spoke to Jorge.

September would make sense too..first quarter is the Pterosaur, 2nd quarter is the Apatosaurus, so 3rd quarter could be the Stego..we haven't heard of any other pieces yet at any rate...two big pieces in a row could be a financial pain though.

Thanks for posting this Dan. I was kinda hoping for an all fours pose, but whatcha gonna do.:dunno I still think this will turn out to be an awesome piece.:thud:

As I keep looking at it, the resemblence to my 1:1 baby Stegosaurus becomes more apparent. :lol

Back